Eli Manning

Baio played a character on the show Arrested Development named "Bob Loblaw"... say it a couple of times to realize how stupidly funny it is...

He was Bob Loblaw, attorney at law.

468107[/snapback]

Thank you, I was hoping there was some reasonable explanation for it.

Hmmmm.....I didn't realize Eli's stats were that sh*tty his first year. Interesting....

468103[/snapback]

...and he improved by the end of the year. His first 4 games he had a 39% compl. %age, 450 total yards, 1 TD and 6 interceptions. In his 4th game (Baltimore), he managed to get a QB rating of 0.

...and he improved by the end of the year.  His first 4 games he had a 39% compl. %age, 450 total yards, 1 TD and 6 interceptions.  In his 4th game (Baltimore), he managed to get a QB rating of 0.

468155[/snapback]

I have to admit, that is pretty compelling....I thougth Eli was at least throwing for yards, even if he was throwing picks along the way. Hmmm...I really don't know how I feel about this now. I guess I'm just going to fall back on what I've been bitching about for the last three weeks....just give Willis the friggin ball, Mularkey!!

...and he improved by the end of the year.  His first 4 games he had a 39% compl. %age, 450 total yards, 1 TD and 6 interceptions.  In his 4th game (Baltimore), he managed to get a QB rating of 0.

468155[/snapback]

I thought there was a minimum of like 20 or so for QB rating... i know there's a max, but there's no minimum? (well, besides 0).

Who says we're still in the Playoffs?  That's the problem here.  Too many people think this is a team contending to win the east and a playoff spot.  It ain't gonna happen with the lines that we have.  It doesn't matter who the QB is.

468011[/snapback]

Exactly! Let the big gun play and take his hits. He could be the next Manning or with the current situation he could be the next Holcomb

Gamble on Bledsoe? Do you even FOLLOW THIS TEAM?

Face it. If Losman wasn't hurt last year, you'd have seen him in Week 5 and you know it. Hell, we're 1-3 and Losman isn't even the freakin' main problem! You think after 0-4 last year and a healthy Losman that Bledsoe would still be throwing.

Try to think about everything. Not just the stuff that makes you look right for a fleeting moment.

Dude... Losman was active from the Patriots game on. Malarkey was thinking playoffs. The fans weren't until about game 12. He could have started Losman right after that loss to the Pats on a Sun. night and with minimal bitching run the course. He diddn't. And as we all know this team wasn't even close to playoff calibre as a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers bloodied theire noses in their own front yard

Do you even follow football? or is it just an LA thing?

2004, his first season:

95/197 for 48%. 1043 yards in 9 games. 6 TDs. 9 Picks. Rating: 55.4

2005, his second season. So Far:

66/123 for 54%.  985 Yards in 4 games. 9 TDs. 2 Picks. Rating: 97.8

Hell, Tom Coughlin should have benched him last year. He was obivously a bust with no potential. I mean, if he couldn't make it after his first handful of games, Coughlin should have just given up.

467985[/snapback]

Actually, Coughlin did bench him for part of the year. :unsure:

2004, his first season:

95/197 for 48%. 1043 yards in 9 games. 6 TDs. 9 Picks. Rating: 55.4

2005, his second season. So Far:

66/123 for 54%.  985 Yards in 4 games. 9 TDs. 2 Picks. Rating: 97.8

Hell, Tom Coughlin should have benched him last year. He was obivously a bust with no potential. I mean, if he couldn't make it after his first handful of games, Coughlin should have just given up.

467985[/snapback]

As I've repeatedly stated, if you want a good comparison statistically, look at Donovan McNabb's rookie year. Through 10 weeks, he was 30/72 for 226 yards and one INT. Yes, that's about 3 yards per attempt, which is hideous. He appeared in 6 games in that time, with his best showing being 68 yards against Carolina (on 20 attempts). He had a nearly identical game the next week vs Washington, going 8/21 for 60 yards.

For the year, he averaged a miserable 4.3 yards per attempt on 216 passes.

The Bills pulled the plug WAY too early.

I thought there was a minimum of like 20 or so for QB rating... i know there's a max, but there's no minimum? (well, besides 0).

468222[/snapback]

There is a baseline, somewhere around 40. The way the calculations work, if you just made it through the game with no completions (and no interceptions), you end up with that baseline number. Interceptions would take away from that baseline, and they cost pretty severely overall. Manning was 4/18 for 27 yards in that game, with 2 interceptions. Net result: 0.

:unsure:  :huh:  :lol:  :o

468398[/snapback]

Mmmkay, I figured you were a bit more intelligent than that post led me to believe, lol