Eli Manning

2004, his first season:

95/197 for 48%. 1043 yards in 9 games. 6 TDs. 9 Picks. Rating: 55.4

2005, his second season. So Far:

66/123 for 54%. 985 Yards in 4 games. 9 TDs. 2 Picks. Rating: 97.8

Hell, Tom Coughlin should have benched him last year. He was obivously a bust with no potential. I mean, if he couldn't make it after his first handful of games, Coughlin should have just given up.

2004, his first season:

66/123 for 54%.  985 Yards in 4 games. 9 TDs. 2 Picks. Rating: 97.8

Hell, Tom Coughlin should have benched him last year. He was obivously a bust with no potential. I mean, if he couldn't make it after his first handful of games, Coughlin should have just given up.

467985[/snapback]

Give it up, stojan.

The brain-stems are in complete control at OBD, and now on TBD as well.

Logic is dead--victim to immediate gratification.

At the time that Coughlin inserted Manning into the picture, Coughlin was convinced (at 5-3) that they were out of the playoffs, so he handed the reins over...or at least that's how I hear it...

2004, his first season:

467985[/snapback]

It's almost as if struggling last year really helped him, and now the game has slowed down a bit for him. Hmmm...

I heard an interview with Archie Manning, and he said Eli would call him after games last year and say, "What am I supposed to do Dad? Nobody is open." Archie said he would just laugh. What looks like fast forward now will become slow motion next year.

At the time that Coughlin inserted Manning into the picture, Coughlin was convinced (at 5-3) that they were out of the playoffs, so he handed the reins over...or at least that's how I hear it...

467998[/snapback]

Who says we're still in the Playoffs? That's the problem here. Too many people think this is a team contending to win the east and a playoff spot. It ain't gonna happen with the lines that we have. It doesn't matter who the QB is.

Couple of holes in your arguement.

1. JP isn't a rookie he is a first year starter, huge difference.

2. Eli only played 9 games but JP should play 16?

3. The Buffalo Bills are not a rebuilding franchise as the Giants were last year.

468012[/snapback]

1. I don't see the huge difference, but I won't argue this point.

2. Eli played the last 7 games as starter. He didn't play the first 9 and get pulled.

3. We've been rebuilding since 1994. Where the hell have you been?

The fact is Coughlin had the balls to bench a "veteran" QB in favor of a kid to get that kid some valuable playing time. This in the same year that the Bills stuck with a total stiff on some phantom playoff run because it was "our time."

Well here we are again, benching a kid after 4 freaking games in favor of a back-up "veteran" QB who had maybe a handfull of good games in his illustrious carreer. Panic move? Job saving desperation move? Veteran wide-outs bitching about their touches (or in most cases drops)? Pathetic.

All they are doing now is grooming this kid to be a QB coach and a cheerleader. But we're supposed to kick back and enjoy the "playoff" run because our Top 5 (laughable) defense is getting old. Awesome, man. Go team. What "veteran" are we bringing in next year to help JP with the learning process?

Couple of holes in your arguement.

1. JP isn't a rookie he is a first year starter, huge difference.

2. Eli only played 9 games but JP should play 16?

3. The Buffalo Bills are not a rebuilding franchise as the Giants were last year.

468012[/snapback]

Hard to argue your points but I will anyway :unsure:

1. No he isn't a rookie but all the coaching and film work can take you but so far. Getting on the field is where it really has to come together and four games is too soon to pull the plug.

2. JP should play more than four games. He should play all 16 as long as he shows improvement in his level of play as the season progresses.

3. The Bills aren't a rebuilding franchise but they aren't playoff caliber either. They had their golden opportunity to step to the next level last year and they crapped out.

Ah, but dude... Coughlin was in his first year with the G-men. He had a free pass. Playoffs weren't expected. Mularkey had a free pass too in his first season but decided not to use it and gambled on Bledsoe. Not too many folks are willing to allow Malarkey use of his free pass now after sniffing the playoffs last season. He made his bed. He had a chance last year with the mulligan and blew it.

JP... we can't afford to give up on him. The team just aint rallying around him like the G-men rallied around Eli. Maybe that's because this organiztion set unreal playoff expectations. Or perhaps we got schnookered by PT Barnum Donablow... again.

If you continue to start JP then you've got to bite the bullet and tank the season. You ain't playing for the playoffs, you're playing just to get better every day and wherever that takes you, it takes you. Let the players and fans know outright that you screwed up and you're starting from square one... which, in effect, they really are doing.

WE'RE NOT?

Dude, your eally are an idiot. How's the OL look?

The D?

Get off the crack pipe.

468017[/snapback]

Bills missed the playoffs by a game last year, and are one game out of first in the AFC East. After 4 games-not one against a division foe- and with those FACTS lingering around, it's a little early to call this a rebuilding season.

It's not to say the Bills won't be in rebuilding mode by week 8, but right now, they are still in the thick of things, despite the absurd line play.

Why the need to call someone an idiot? Does flexing your Internet muscles make you feel better?

Bills missed the playoffs by a game last year, and are one game out of first in the AFC East. After 4 games-not one against a division foe- and with those FACTS lingering around, it's a little early to call this a rebuilding season.

It's not to say the Bills won't be in rebuilding mode by week 8, but right now, they are still in the thick of things, despite the absurd line play.

Why the need to call someone an idiot? Does flexing your Internet muscles make you feel better?

468079[/snapback]

is that Scott Baio in your avatar?

2004, his first season:

467985[/snapback]

Hmmmm.....I didn't realize Eli's stats were that sh*tty his first year. Interesting....

is that Scott Baio in your avatar?

468094[/snapback]

Baio played a character on the show Arrested Development named "Bob Loblaw"... say it a couple of times to realize how stupidly funny it is...

He was Bob Loblaw, attorney at law.

Mularkey had a free pass too in his first season but decided not to use it and gambled on Bledsoe.

468057[/snapback]

Gamble on Bledsoe? Do you even FOLLOW THIS TEAM?

Face it. If Losman wasn't hurt last year, you'd have seen him in Week 5 and you know it. Hell, we're 1-3 and Losman isn't even the freakin' main problem! You think after 0-4 last year and a healthy Losman that Bledsoe would still be throwing.

Try to think about everything. Not just the stuff that makes you look right for a fleeting moment.

Give it up, stojan.

The brain-stems are in complete control at OBD, and now on TBD as well.

Logic is dead--victim to immediate gratification.

467992[/snapback]

I'm fairly certian that there will be no "gratification" in Buffalo this year. Hold on tight, the misery is just beginning.