ESPN's Lenny P says it is Holcomb on Sunday...

Buftex

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you root for the name on the back of the jersey or the team they play for?  I would like to see JP play also but if Holcomb can win games then so be it.  This doesnt need to turn into another Flutie - Rob Johnson fiasco.

466872[/snapback]

so how do you turn it into one? Start Holcomb. Some committment to JP - a bunch of Malarkey......leave it to our dear Bills to screw up young talent

If these reports turn out to be true, Mularkey and Donahoe are making a HUGE error.

Like a stiff like Kelly Holcomb will make a difference.

466860[/snapback]

Oh it will make a difference all right, in my opinion of the two of them (MM and TD).

so how do you turn it into one?  Start Holcomb.  Some committment to JP - a bunch of Malarkey......leave it to our dear Bills to screw up young talent

466889[/snapback]

If JP cannot handle getting benched after 4 games (I do not agree with the benching) and this cripples his career then was he ever really going to be a good QB. A few things can happen:

1. Holcomb plays like crap and JP starts against the Jets

2. Holcomb plays good and Bills win so they stick with Holcomb

3. Holcomb plays average and the Bills steal a win or barely lose (then the who is starting controversy begins)

I guess I dont see Holcomb coming in to start the end of the Bills. I dont think Holcomb is a very good QB because usually career back-ups are back-ups for a reason. The key to JP's success this year was a killer D and a running game. The D is average at best this year and the coaches dont give the running game a chance. The worst that can happen is Holcomb fails miserably and the Bills try Shane Matthews (joke). If Holcomb stinks then JP comes back in and we ride the storm for the rest of the year.

If this is true it's an absolute admission that the Bills braintrust doesn't have a clue.

They made the decision that Losman would be the guy. Their convictions we're so strong they gave Drew his walking papers and named JP the starter. They've given him a total of FOUR games to prove his worth. So for all you nitwits clamoring for Holcomb tell me what we've accomplished when he goes out and loses the next football game?

This organization continues to wallow in mediocrity and confusion and like morons we step up and give them our money and support.

We ARE the Arizona Cardinals....

If this is true it's an absolute admission that the Bills braintrust doesn't have a clue. 

They made the decision that Losman would be the guy.  Their convictions we're so strong they gave Drew his walking papers and named JP the starter.  They've given him a total of FOUR games to prove his worth.  So for all you nitwits clamoring for Holcomb tell me what we've accomplished when he goes out and loses the next football game?

This organization continues to wallow in mediocrity and confusion and like morons we step up and give them our money and support. 

We ARE the Arizona Cardinals....

466903[/snapback]

not even 4 games they take him out in the 4th quarter down by less than a td....put a tent over this circus

Let's reserve judgement until you see how Holcomb performs.  I think you're just wrong, quite frankly.  Right now Holcomb is about 600 times a better QB than JP, and this switch will make huge difference.

466880[/snapback]

Don't be an ass.

Holcomb is a stiff, and always will be. There's no FUTURE in Holcomb, and JP will never develop if he sits.

If JP cannot handle getting benched after 4 games (I do not agree with the benching) and this cripples his career then was he ever really going to be a good QB.  A few things can happen:

1. Holcomb plays like crap and JP starts against the Jets

2. Holcomb plays good and Bills win so they stick with Holcomb

3. Holcomb plays average and the Bills steal a win or barely lose (then the who is starting controversy begins)

I guess I dont see Holcomb coming in to start the end of the Bills.  I dont think Holcomb is a very good QB because usually career back-ups are back-ups for a reason.  The key to JP's success this year was a killer D and a running game.  The D is average at best this year and the coaches dont give the running game a chance.  The worst that can happen is Holcomb fails miserably and the Bills try Shane Matthews (joke).  If Holcomb stinks then JP comes back in and we ride the storm for the rest of the year.

466897[/snapback]

Great post!!

I hope I never read another damn post about Losman's fragile ego and how he will be ruined if we bench him. That's a bunch of BS.

What you have written is exactly what should happen.

Do you root for the name on the back of the jersey or the team they play for?  I would like to see JP play also but if Holcomb can win games then so be it.  This doesnt need to turn into another Flutie - Rob Johnson fiasco.

466872[/snapback]

Well, that's what it is, like it or not.

I'm rooting for this to fail so that the fool coaching this team is exposed for what he truly is. Not like it matters, though.

Why do I bother?

Don't be an ass.

Holcomb is a stiff, and always will be. There's no FUTURE in Holcomb, and JP will never develop if he sits.

466909[/snapback]

JSP I agree Holcomb isnt the answer but not sure JP is going to develop as a QB qith the way this coaching staff is handling him. The game plans for game 1 seemed to try to get him in the flow early. Since than its been try for the damn long ball or trick plays instead of a solid running game with short rollout passes that let JP make the plays. I am just hoping that maybe this is a wakeup call to JP similar to NE game last year but would be damn disaapointed to find out that he needs another wakeup call.

JSP I agree Holcomb isnt the answer but not sure JP is going to develop as a QB qith the way this coaching staff is handling him.  The game plans for game 1 seemed to try to get him in the flow early.  Since than its been try for the damn long ball or trick plays instead of a solid running game with short rollout passes that let JP make the plays.  I am just hoping that maybe this is a wakeup call to JP similar to NE game last year but would be damn disaapointed to find out that he needs another wakeup call.

466918[/snapback]

These coaches have COMPLETELY bungled the development of JP so far.

What an abortion.

Good job,  Mularkey.  Four games into the season, you've turned your young QB into a scapegoat and essentially guaranteed his long-term failure. 

1998 repeats itself.

466926[/snapback]

Yep.

And we, the fans, get to suffer for it.

I was willing to take JP's ups and downs all year for the hopes of a brighter tomorrow, no those hopes are shot. WAY TO F*CKING GO, "BRAINTRUST".

These coaches have COMPLETELY bungled the development of JP so far.

What an abortion.

466922[/snapback]

What is with Mularkey's smug attitude? He has been a first-rate prick this year when dealing with the media. He hides information, gives snide answers to questions, and gets all defensive if a media-member questions one of his decisions. For example-

Media: "Mike, what was behind the decision to pull Villareal for Duke Preston on that last drive?"

MM: "Villareal was winded and needed a breather."

Media: "Don't you think that was a critical point in the game and you would want your veteran in there?"

MM: "Oh, I see, so now you know more about my team than I do."

What is that? I used to like this guy, but now he looks like a coach who is 10-10 and does not have his team prepared to start a season. Last year, we chalked it up to him being new. Now I chalk it up to him being an a$$.

Hopefully this is all hogwash and JP starts Sunday. I want nothing to do with the Kelly Holcomb era.

Well, that's what it is, like it or not.

I'm rooting for this to fail so that the fool coaching this team is exposed for what he truly is. Not like it matters, though.

Why do I bother?

466917[/snapback]

Rooting for your favorite team to fail? You should try and stay positive about this. Its best for the team, and heck, someone besides Josh Reed might catch a pass this week. Go Holcomb!

Rooting for your favorite team to fail? You should try and stay positive about this. Its best for the team, and heck, someone besides Josh Reed might catch a pass this week. Go Holcomb!

466955[/snapback]

It's best for the team? How do you figure that?

There is NO !@#$ING FUTURE with Kelly Holcomb.

Zero. How are you going to know what you ahve in JP after FOUR games? idiocy.

NEWS FLASH EVERYBODY:

This is why the Bills signed Kelly Holcomb, as a back up policy in case JP pissed himself. Now that we are 1-3 we should just flush the rest of the season? I am a firm believer in lining up the best 11 guys you have on the field. I can tell you every guy in the locker room thinks that as well. Kelly Holcomb is the best they have right now. If that is a good thing or bad thing we won't know until Sunday at 4.