SIRIUS + HOWARD STERN

Talonz

I probably will. This may sound wierd but I just don't know if his show will be as good. So much of the appeal of his show now is the shock factor. The "I cant believe that happened on the radio" moments are what makes his show so great. It is fun to see how much he can get away with. If he can just do whatever he wants, and say whatever he wants, I think he loses a huge part of his show.

I am. Partly because I have stock, but mostly because I'm tired of "terrestrial radio." I'm planning on making the move when Stern does, not because of him (well not totally, since it's a part of the reason), but because I think they'll have some good deals to entice people to join at that time. And I wouldn't make the move, to Sirius, just for Stern, but for the total package, i.e. him plus the NFL, plus almost any dedicated music channel you could want (as well as comedy channels). It's an investment since it will cost you anywhere from $70-350 for a receiver and $13.95 a month.

I'm curious if anyone is going over to Sirius due to Howard Stern's departure from normal radio soon?

I'm still on the fence...

465596[/snapback]

I'm not a Stern prude and I have listened to him on occasion, but it IMHO, it is a bit pathetic to sign up for a subscription service to hear some that tired jackass ask some celebrity if she takes it in the can for the millionth time.

I would like to think we all grow up sooner or later.

I'm not a Stern prude and I have listened to him on occasion, but it IMHO, it is a bit pathetic to sign up for a subscription service to hear some that tired jackass ask some celebrity if she takes it in the can for the millionth time.

I would like to think we all grow up sooner or later.

465609[/snapback]

Sirius is definately aimed at the... umm, more immature generation with Howrad Stern and Maxim radio (Honestly, what the hell is that?). They seem to seel out to any celebrity that wants a station (Martha Stewart and Jimmy Buffett).

XM has all the same music channels, and comedy channels, and the MLB pakage (which lets you listen to a game just about anytime) and I think they've got the NHL package now too. Plus, for us college buffs, they exclusively cover the ACC, Big Ten, and Pac Ten.

And none of the jackass Stern. We got Opie and Anthony, and im not even sure who the hell they are.

I usually only listen to Stern in my office at work. I obviously have to keep it very low due to the content, although it is filtered+beeped. Now that he will be able to do and say ANYTHING, I think it will get too out of hand to be able to listen anywhere but in my car....

There is also the age factor. He is 50+ now. Time to grow up and drop the strippers and adult film actresses. I'm afraid of just the opposite though with his soon to be had total freedom. I can just imagine what will be said ... ;)

As far as Sirius for the music...Hmmmm...Dunno about that. I have about 50 gigs of MP3's already...100% legal of couse :)

Definately getting Sirius just as soon as I can figure out what rig is best for me. Going to Best Buy and Circuit City and asking questions is about as productive as banging your head against the wall. As far as Stern goes I'm a huge Stern fan. But I was thinking about getting Sirius even before he announced he was going there. There's a lot of good programming on there. Has anyone heard Jim Breuer's show? That's some funny stuff.

I already have Sirius - not because of Stern (although I probably will listen to him at times), but because I could not stand listening to all of the commercials during my commute to work. It is great. If XM had the NFL channel and games, I may have considered it. I am a bit bummed that XM is going to have the exclusive with the NHL in a year or two.

I've had Sirius for almost two years now and love it still. With traveling for work, I don't need to cart around CD's, or try to find a station I like in different cities. When Stern moves to Sirius, I won't care. I didn't get it for Stern, I got it for the music and the NFL.

Check out this thread for some info on Sirius

I already have Sirius - not because of Stern (although I probably will listen to him at times), but because I could not stand listening to all of the commercials during my commute to work.  It is great.  If XM had the NFL channel and games, I may have considered it.  I am a bit bummed that XM is going to have the exclusive with the NHL in a year or two.

465676[/snapback]

I understand how great the NFL programming is, but quote honestly I wont get Sirius for the same reason I wont get the NFL Sunday Ticket: All the games are on at the same damn time. Honestly, how many games can you watch or listen to at the same time? And for those diehard Bills fans, that's the game that you want to watch, not anything else. With MLB, NHL, or even the NBA, you get games everynight, all season long. That's a lot more bang for the buck.

I don't know what to do!

I love Howard and use to listen to O n A when they were free. I wish he had moved to XM as well as they have better portable equipment then Sirius. I'm gonna miss him on tv as well, as being a Directv customer I won't have the option of watching the on demand shows. I already have an XM acct for one of my cars and it would be a no brainer to just add a MyFi and be able to listen on the train to work.

465609[/snapback]

Absofreakinglutely. He's a total one-trick pony and if anything I'm encouraged NOT to turn to Sirius just so I won't inadvertantly have to hear him by mistake.