the 4th and short play

envirojeff

Put Losman back in, fake the handoff to Willis and let Losman scramble for the sidelines. If we didn't change quarterbacks, THAT would have been the play.

464635[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure Malarkey was thinking the same thing but had already made his bed with putting Holcomb in at QB.

At that point of the game since Holcomb was the QB, I was almost hoping that they'd go for broke and have him dropback and throw it downfield to Evans.

Put Losman back in, fake the handoff to Willis and let Losman scramble for the sidelines. If we didn't change quarterbacks, THAT would have been the play.

464635[/snapback]

There was so many Saints through the line that JPL wouldn't have been able to scramble anywhere... It was a complete jailbreak.

CW

I was screaming for a PA fake and screen pass with likely would have gone for a score....

464579[/snapback]

I was screaming for anything other than a running play that started 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. :)

I was screaming for Sam Adams to be the FB on this play. He was in on these type of plays last year?

Jeff

464219[/snapback]

Mularkey lost his balls on that one by letting what happened last week affect his decision. QB sneak was the right call, he just didn't have the guts to try it again after JP slipped.

Ah, hindsight is 20/20. ;)

I see nothing wrong with handing the ball to WM and asking him to gain 1 yard. The line blew it.

And if MM instead had called one of the wonderful plays that have been suggested in this thread AND it didn't work, everyone and their brother would have been screaming, "Why didn't you just give Willis the ball!!" :)

Ah, hindsight is 20/20.  ;)

I see nothing wrong with handing the ball to WM and asking him to gain 1 yard. The line blew it.

And if MM instead had called one of the wonderful plays that have been suggested in this thread AND it didn't work, everyone and their brother would have been screaming, "Why didn't you just give Willis the ball!!"  :)

465600[/snapback]

exactly!

JP sneak

Mularkey lost his balls on that one by letting what happened last week affect his decision.    QB sneak was the right call, he just didn't have the guts to try it again after JP slipped.

465587[/snapback]

I think that you are right on the mark!

Jeff

My pal BiB was tired of the last girl, and I think she was too old for him anyway, so we have replaced her with a girl that should be right up his alley: 22-years-old, 5'4" and 99 lbs. The recommended cocktail for this young lass should be a vodka of BiB's choice, which should go well while he and Alena take "long walks by the moon."

464635[/snapback]

I was getting tired of the last one too. Thanks for the new one.