Amazing bills statistic

ans4e64

in 4 games this year, how does Angelo Crowell have more tackles than spikes? thats so odd, granted spikes didnt play last week, but crowell never started and didnt get significant playing time, just weird to me

463515[/snapback]

crowell also subbed for fletcher in week 2

in 4 games this year, how does Angelo Crowell have more tackles than spikes? thats so odd, granted spikes didnt play last week, but crowell never started and didnt get significant playing time, just weird to me

463515[/snapback]

Hrm...

That's an interesting stat, isn't it?

Be careful, don't want to aggravate the Spikes faithful around here.

:blink:

463515[/snapback]

Spikes wasn't off to a great start. In the Houston game, he was silenced until the play where he stripped the ball from Carr. He got hype for that play, but overall I thought his play wasn't good, ditto for Tampa and the first half of Atlanta. One thing that worried me in the opener was the general lack of speed out of the linebackers. David Carr was able to get out of the pocket and scramble for gains and get out of bounds untouched. Posey is an absolute stiff out there right now. Houston was rolling bootleg plays at Posey to the point that Gray had to flip Spikes to the strongside because that was about the only thing working for Houston. These guys remind me of the LB's the Jets had a few years ago, decent big-name LB's, but all starting to slow down at the same time.

Spikes wasn't off to a great start.  In the Houston game, he was silenced until the play where he stripped the ball from Carr.  He got hype for that play, but overall I thought his play wasn't good, ditto for Tampa and the first half of Atlanta.  One thing that worried me in the opener was the general lack of speed out of the linebackers.  David Carr was able to get out of the pocket and scramble for gains and get out of bounds untouched.  Posey is an absolute stiff out there right now.  Houston was rolling bootleg plays at Posey to the point that Gray had to flip Spikes to the strongside because that was about the only thing working for Houston. These guys remind me of the LB's the Jets had a few years ago, decent big-name LB's, but all starting to slow down at the same time.

463973[/snapback]

While I disagree with the concept that Posey has been a stiff all along (if true then it is even more amazing the the Bills racked up the 5th statistically ranked D in 03 and the 2nd statistically ranked D in '04 with this stiff at OLB) there can be little argument that he and the whole Bills run D have been horrendous this year.

The dirty little secret (since folks do not speak ill of the dead) is that Spikes simply did not play very well before his untimely injury. In addition to his generally OK play at best against Carr there were two of his plays this season which made me cringe.

In one he did a good job in recognizing that the Bills were in the wrong D against TBm but the Bucs simply raped and took advantage of him when they snapped the ball while his back was turned to the line of scrimmage as he tried to move players around. The run came straight through his area and any credit he gets for at least recognizing our vulnerability goes straight down the tubes as he should have spent a little more time using his body rather than his brain on the play. If things were so bad he needed a bunch of time to rearrange our D properly the right call was a TO.

I don't remember the specific of the second play I cringed at his performance in that game, but he like Posey and the rest of the D simply succked against TB and AT.

Will his talent be difficult to replace now that he is hurt?

Yepper!

Will it be hard to get better production out of his OLB spot that he produced against TB or ATL?

No, not really because it is hard to do worse.

Wow, that's just as amazing as Jason Peters having more touchdowns than Moulds and Evans and  Reed and Aiken and Smith and Wilson and Campbell and Neufeld combined.

463986[/snapback]

;):blink::doh::(:doh::(:doh::D

I think I just fell off my chair.....I keep reading it and I know it's true....but I would have bet everything in my worldly existence that there was no way that would ever happen after one game; let alone a quarter of the season. In a word.....ouch.

;)  :blink:  :doh:  :(  :doh:  :(  :doh:  :D

I think I just fell off my chair.....I keep reading it and I know it's true....but I would have bet everything in my worldly existence that there was no way that would ever happen after one game; let alone a quarter of the season.  In a word.....ouch.

464006[/snapback]

You OK man?

You OK man?

464009[/snapback]

I'll survive...but honestly, your statement has to be (in my opinion) the most profound example our ineptitude that I've read anywhere on this site....and, as we all know, the slop tends to fly freely around here.

Go back for yourself and re-read the names you typed (great ones and horrible ones) and consider the context of your sentence. My guess is that you too will fall from the proverbial cliff. The more I read it, the more I realize what a mess we're in right now. Here's looking to the fish for a little redemption....I hope.

I'll survive...but honestly, your statement has to be (in my opinion) the most profound example our ineptitude that I've read anywhere on this site....and, as we all know, the slop tends to fly freely around here. 

Go back for yourself and re-read the names you typed (great ones and horrible ones) and consider the context of your sentence.  My guess is that you too will fall from the proverbial cliff.  The more I read it, the more I realize what a mess we're in right now.  Here's looking to the fish for a little redemption....I hope.

464016[/snapback]

Just try to keep it in perspective bro. Peters is a freak of nature and hands down the most talented player pound for pound (literaly) on this team...