Joe's buh-bye list:

Anderson was a mistake and Baltimore fans knew it. I think Eric has lost a step or three but a great Bill. What about Josh Reed? I'd say add Denny to you list. The best player on the Bills? Terrence Mckee

463832[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Great KR, probably more of a "playmaker" than Clements, but he is totally a high risk/reward guy. Probably gets burned as much as he makes great plays.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moulds?  He's still our best receiver.

463430[/snapback]

Moulds has sucked for years now...dropping just as many big passes and/or giving up on passes as Josh Reed.

Josh Reed yeah he still sucks.  I don't care what he has done so far this year.  Sooner or later he'll drop a critical throw.

464004[/snapback]

there will be no "critical" passes this season.

These are the stiffs that need to go at the end of the year:

1) Eric Moulds. You're done dude, give it up.

2) Troy Vincent. See Eric Moulds.

3) Nate Clements. That's a whole lotta money for a whole lotta nothing.

4) Mike Williams. Sorry.

Close seconds:

5) Mark Campbell. Done.

6) Tom Clements. What is it with the last name Clements anyway?

7) Jeff Posey. Yeah, Jeff FREAKING Posey.

463424[/snapback]

I think Moulds will be a cap casualty. Vincent is still pretty good, I think we'll manage to keep Clements. Mike Williams is our best lineman.

I remember everyone who knows so much going so crazy about Dan Henning- he did pretty well for himself in NY, didn't he?

We rebuild the offensive line, JP gets some experience, and every thing will be happy as we continue to evolve from Homo Sapien Sapien into a creature of far greater consiousness and physiological, psychologial, and metobolical capacity

4) Mike Williams. Sorry.

Close seconds:

5) Mark Campbell. Done.

463424[/snapback]

I AGREE WITH ALL BUT CLEMENTS AND CLEARLY CAMPBELL DOES NOTHING FOR THIS TEAM THE CLSOIE SECONDS ARE FIRSTS

Like I said, once in a decade.  I've done the analysis over and over again.  Late round picks are "sniffin' and a wishin'" in the best of times.  The 2 best teams in the league last season had a grand total of three post third rounders (drafted within the last 4 years) starting for them combined.  That's not a recipe for building a winner in today's NFL.

463574[/snapback]

Yes - the B'gals lucked out there. At that time owner Mike Brown controlled their draft (he insisted on spiffy things like David Klingler, Akili Smith - he turned down Ditka's insane offer - Ki-Jana Carter (who would have been a fine player), but bypassed Tony Boselli, even though a healthy Garrison Hearst was under contract, Reinhart Wilson (who?). :)

Yes - the B'gals lucked out there. At that time owner Mike Brown controlled their draft (he insisted on spiffy things like David Klingler, Akili Smith - he turned down Ditka's insane offer - Ki-Jana Carter (who would have been a fine player), but bypassed Tony Boselli, even though a healthy Garrison Hearst was under contract,  Reinhart Wilson (who?). :)

464510[/snapback]

Do I detect an echo in here? :)

4) Mike Williams. Sorry.

Close seconds:

5) Mark Campbell. Done.

463424[/snapback]

I think you have to add Willis McGahee to the list. Face it, the guy only runs 16 times a game and last week he didn't even bust 100 yards. Simple lack of production. If that's not enough reason, the guy is one hit away from another devestating knee injury - we don't need a guy with a bum knee.

I'd also add Moorman. For God's sake, he's a punter. When was the last time he came up with a big play? How many points has the guy scored for the Bills in his ENTIRE CAREER? The guy's a stiff - all he does is kick a little ball.

4) Mike Williams. Sorry.

Close seconds:

5) Mark Campbell. Done.

463424[/snapback]

moulds isnt going anywhere. and to want him to leave is ASININE.

vincent needs to play better. but remember he hasnt been playing safety for very long. but he is the one giving up big plays. he needs to play better.

clements is the man. if you dont resign him, than who would you ever resign? a great young talent.

campbell can stay, but we need a pass catching TE.

Posey hasnt played that bad. but i can see him getting replaced after this season by the guy who is starting for spikes.

I think you have to add Willis McGahee to the list. Face it, the guy only runs 16 times a game and last week he didn't even bust 100 yards. Simple lack of production. If that's not enough reason, the guy is one hit away from another devestating knee injury - we don't need a guy with a bum knee.

I'd also add Moorman. For God's sake, he's a punter. When was the last time he came up with a big play? How many points has the guy scored for the Bills in his ENTIRE CAREER? The guy's a stiff - all he does is kick a little ball.

464559[/snapback]

Nice.

Now, have anything constructive to add?

Who's wrong on that list, huh?

Nice.

Now, have anything constructive to add?

Who's wrong on that list, huh?

464580[/snapback]

Let me start by saying that I am NOT at all optimistic that the Bills will turn things around this season - we are in far worse shape than we were last year at this time even though we have 1 more win.

That said, I don't think it is time to jettison everyone on the starting roster. Have you any idea what the cap hit would be for all your suggestions? Do you have replacements in mind for the guys you cast off? How much would we have to pay the replacements? It's easy to say get rid of everyone, but harder to do it in practice.

I'll address your starters on the list:

Moulds isn't performing well right now, but who is? He's on the downside of his career, but not all the passing game woes fall on him. He didn't thow that pick to the Saints DB this weekend - JP didn't throw for the right route. I think you'd agree that if Moulds is on the downside of his career Evans is on the upside, and I don't see him doing substantially more than Moulds.

Mike Williams has been a disappointment in that he has never lived up to his draft position or paycheck. His cap hit for this year was $6.5M, not sure what it is next year but my guess is he's too expensive to cut given that we'd have to get a replacement (and tackles don't come cheap - look at what they paid for Jonas Jennings). He's solid, but not spectacular and in my opinion it would cost us more to replace him than to keep him.

Posey is playing for small money. I'm OK with getting rid of him, but I think his replacement won't be much better for the same amount of money. If we want better production here it'll cost us more.

I don't see noything wrong with the way Nate Clements is playing - he's one of the better coverage CBs in the game (although I don't think I agree with his assessment that he's the best). We can get rid of him without a cap hit, but a replacement is going to cost us. We can get someone cheaper for sure, but I can hear people complaining now about how bad the new guy sucks when he doesn't play as well as Nate.

I think Vincent is a good safety. I'm not ready to show him the door after the first 4 games of the season. He's underperformed like most others, but I see no reason to single him out as playing any worse than others.

Campbell probably would have been gone this year had Kevin Everett not gone down and Euhas wasn't also injured. Given the injury situation, we need him now.

In the 12 steps of grieving for the loss of the season I can say I'm past denial and bargaining, but I'm not yet with you at the anger stage.