TV Announcers

I'm just curious about asking all of you this question. While watching games this weekend, does anyone else think the college announcer teams are better than the pro announcing teams?

I mean seriously. Some of the NFL tandems absolutely suck. From boring play by play, to horrible color analysis, to them always talking about dumb non-related football things.

But, when I listen to alot of college football games, it seems the play by play guys are a ton better. Also, the color analysts in college seem more in tune to the game itself and provide better analysis and insight into college football as a whole than do NFL guys for their sport.

I don't know, but I don't have a problem with many college broadcasts, but some of these boobs in the NFL suck.

I'm just curious about asking all of you this question.  While watching games this weekend, does anyone else think the college announcer teams are better than the pro announcing teams?

I mean seriously.  Some of the NFL tandems absolutely suck.  From boring play by play, to horrible color analysis, to them always talking about dumb non-related football things.

But, when I listen to alot of college football games, it seems the play by play guys are a ton better.  Also, the color analysts in college seem more in tune to the game itself and provide better analysis and insight into college football as a whole than do NFL guys for their sport.

I don't know, but I don't have a problem with many college broadcasts, but some of these boobs in the NFL suck.

462875[/snapback]

Gene Deckerhoff, does the FSU games...the guy is great...

I have always liked the college announcers.

I think Ron Franklin, on ESPN, is one of the best play-by-play announcers around.

I wish they would re-team him with Mike Gottfried, instead of Bob Davie, Gottfried does great color.

It's always great to still listen to Keith Jackson on ABC, and Brent Musberger.

The CBS crew with Verne Lundquist is very good too.

I don't know if any of you guys watched the HOKIE/WV game but Chris Spielman was one of the announcers and I actually thought he was pretty good. A little too much football jargon for the average joe, but if ever a man had insights into how the game is being played, this is the guy. I'd never heard him announce before.

Before going to a break last night, ESPN's Mike Patrick said something to the effect: 'St. Louis now leads the 49ers, 28 to 14.'

Jeeziz...when did the Cards leave St. Louis, like almost 20 years ago?

My father still calls the LA baseball team the 'Brooklyn Dodgers' but I cut him a break since he's 82 years old and not paid to talk about sports.... :lol:

I have always liked the college announcers.

I think Ron Franklin, on ESPN, is one of the best play-by-play announcers around.

I wish they would re-team him with Mike Gottfried, instead of Bob Davie, Gottfried does great color.

It's always great to still listen to Keith Jackson on ABC, and Brent Musberger.

The CBS crew with Verne Lundquist is very good too.

463015[/snapback]

Actually Lundquist is the guy that made me make this post. Afer listening to him on Saturday....I was thinking to myself, how much better are these college football tandems over their NFL counterparts. The other college football guys you have named are all good.

IMO, it's no comparison.

Actually Lundquist is the guy that made me make this post.  Afer listening to him on Saturday....I was thinking to myself, how much better are these college football tandems over their NFL counterparts.  The other college football guys you have named are all good.   

IMO, it's no comparison.

463043[/snapback]

I believe Verne used to do NFL games...and based on the perception here that all media and announcers SUCK, I'm sure he got grilled here. :lol:

I'm just curious about asking all of you this question.  While watching games this weekend, does anyone else think the college announcer teams are better than the pro announcing teams?

462875[/snapback]

By a mile. Excellent post.