Why didn't McGee fumble it?

Terrance McGee... WOW... Holy CRAP!! What a great kick return, then right aroung the 30 yard line he started running like an old man, he was exhausted... he couldn't make it. Just fall in the end zone buddy... no time, we HAD to get it in the end zone.

When he was falling at the 5 yard line, why didn't McGee throw it backwards before he hit the ground? I don't think that the other team would have picked it up and ran 95 yards back... but (since he was surrounded by Bills) one of them could have picked up the lateral and ran it in the end zone.

Was this possible? I need to watch that play again.

i think under 2 min. a fumble can only be advanced if the person who fumbled it, recovered it.

but why did he jump? he could have gone around. that TD would have changed EVERYTHING.

almost broke my TD when he fell. <_<

Terrance McGee... WOW... Holy CRAP!!  What a great kick return, then right aroung the 30 yard line he started running like an old man, he was exhausted... he couldn't make it.  Just fall in the end zone buddy... no time, we HAD to get it in the end zone.

When he was falling at the 5 yard line, why didn't McGee throw it backwards before he hit the ground?  I don't think that the other team would have picked it up and ran 95 yards back... but (since he was surrounded by Bills) one of them could have picked up the lateral and ran it in the end zone.

Was this possible?  I need to watch that play again.

462725[/snapback]

My problem was why did the his own players think the play was over. There were three of our guys just standing over him well before a NO player touched him. They should have pick his ass up and thrown him into the end zone.

#1 , you can't drag a guy into the end zone to help him score.

#2 Whoever was around him should have flattened the NO player who got close. He had 5 Bills around him and one Saint. The guy who "blocked" the NO player was a lot bigger.

He was exhausted. Did anyone of you ever suit up? After all that juking and running he probably didn't know who the heck was around him. So "simply" lateraling it probably never entered his mind.

463029[/snapback]

Yes, I suited up and was a kick returner. So I agree and I can hardly imagine how exhausted he must have been. HOWEVER...

Did anyone catch the body language of Jonathan Smith when the play was whistled dead? The guy was freaking out, which made me think he was hollering to McGee for a lateral and McGee didn't respond. I'm not going to second-guess McGee's heroics, but my brain has been unable to turn off its woulda/coulda/shoulda filter on that particular play.

By the way, I screamed so loudly that I scared the bejeezus out of my 7-year-old and 4-year-old... which says something, because they became immune to my football screams in utero.

By the way, I screamed so loudly that I scared the bejeezus out of my 7-year-old and 4-year-old... which says something, because they became immune to my football screams in utero.

463327[/snapback]

Half the bar came running into the back room during that play because we were going ballistic.

That was the best play NOT to score a TD that I've ever seen. How very Buffalo.

I just heard the radio call of the run back. AVP went absolutely nuts during it. Murph and AVP sounded like they were getting tagged with taser guns. It was an exciting play and call.

Probably one of the most exciting non-touchdown plays in awhile.

1. If Mcgee just threw the ball, essentially fumbling it, and we picked it up, we couldnt advance the ball anyways, as a fumble can only be advanced by the player who fumbles it, had he threw it to another player without the ball touching the ground that's a different story.

2. You can't drag a player into the endzone, i think it's called aiding the runner or something like that, someone will have to double check