Why the hype for Mexico?

Thailog80

Christ stickers on all teams helmets and endless promotions but they couldn't help the Saints out quicker? The Saints "Home Game" in Jersey was a farce. A slap in the face to the Saints. Luckily the Bills were there to beat up on today for the Saints.

I heard they gave away 40,000 tickets so the game would be a "sell-out". They only sold 50,000 or so tickets. Big corporations bought them and gave them away. I am pretty clueless as to what Mexico is like. I thought everyone there was trying to hop the fence to the USA because it is so bad there. Stupid publicity stunt by the NFL, nothing more.

Quite simply Mexico is the next biggest market for NFL football in the whole world after the US.

Mexico has 20million viewers of NFL every Sunday and the popularity of NFL teams like the Cardinals, Cowboys, Chargers, etc is massive.

The NFL can make a ton of money out of Mexico, and tap a potential player pool to expand that fan appeal.

The NFL will always look for ways to make more money, and overseas markets is an untapped resource as far as that goes. THAT's why the NFL made such a big deal about it. Not forgetting it is the first regular season game EVER to be played outside the US. America's favourite sport goes to foreign shores - and that's a pretty big deal too.

Don't underestimate the popularity of NFL fooball in places like Japan, Mexico, Germany and the UK...

Guest BackInDaDay
Is this considered a Cards home game?

If so, boy their fans must be pissed..Didn't the NFL execs see MAN ON FIRE :lol:

Wait, scratch that. They don't have any fans.

462424[/snapback]

Denny Green must have had his O-line strapped down across the hood of his car before the game. :lol: Those guys blocked like they had something up their... :lol: