Unless he's given up on the season ...

Lothar

Hear me out. I still believe in JP but throwing him into an angry Bills crowd with a staunch Dolphin D could make the situation worse. Right now the team seems to be losing confidence in JP. Unlike last year when the defense played well enough in our 1st 4 games for fans to see light at the end of the tunnel, we're not gonna win games with this D. Why not throw a wrinkle into Miami's preparation (they did have a bye week), see if we can get a semblance of a passing game going. I don't care how much people want to coddle JP but averaging less than a 100 yards per game the last 3 weeks is not giving this team a chance to win. If Holcombe struggles, it's easier to bring JP back and the team won't feel like MM's throwing the season away. This division's wide open with all the injuries and beating Miami would definitely put us back in the race.

The plan this season was to play conservative, win games with D and special teams. Obviously our D has serious issues now - for Gray's D to be really effective, we need to get on top of other teams like last year - that's when the exotic blitzes work. When we fall behind, we're obviously not the same caliber team.

Staying the course means throwing in the towel. Let's see what Holcombe can do with a week of prep. As soon as we are eliminated or KH looks like a failure, bring back JP with less pressure on him. In retrospect, that may have been the better move from the start of the season anyway.

Bledsoe apologists need not apply - his game right now is no better than KH AND he (a) can't win big games plus (b) he couldn't be a backup at his salary.

I'll be more PO'd if they start Holcomb next week!  :devil:

461750[/snapback]

C'mon CL, you willing to throw in the season after 4 games? I still believe in JP, but the game's just moving too fast for him. Can you imagine what Jason Taylor and the Miami D will do to this kid?

Give the team some hope - you can see how their confidence in the coaching staff is slipping.

C'mon CL, you willing to throw in the season after 4 games?  I still believe in JP, but the game's just moving too fast for him.  Can you imagine what Jason Taylor and the Miami D will do to this kid?

Give the team some hope - you can see how their confidence in the coaching staff is slipping.

461760[/snapback]

I can guarantee you that RWS will be rocking with BOO'S if they start KH. If I were MM I'd have a whole detail of Event Staff surrounding me. :devil:

some things I'm seeing

1) How can losman get comfortable or in a rhythm throwing the ball 15s time per game?

2) Why does our defense ALWAYS play zone on 3rd down, and get beat all the time?

3) What happened to Eric Moulds' hands, and in general?

4) O-line is a glaring weakness. I bought into the hype that our o-line was workable, but Anderson and teague aren't playing so hot. When we can't get 1yrd on a run in consecutive games, thats a problem. Eric Moulds is not worth the money right now with our situation. Use his money on an O-lineman or two.

5) Is it coincidental that EVERY QB has struggled behind our O-line now going back to Kelly. The only exception i can think of would be the yr flutie took us to the playoffs. Our O-line makes Qb's look bad.

6) Playcalling? wtf, no jazz or creativity. Whenever they line evans and moulds up on the same side, evans had a LB on him, they then shift him in motion over to be covered by a CB, why not exploit the mismatch? Where are the 7-10 yrd passes. All we have being called are bombs and like 20yrd fly's.

7) Benching Losman... what good does this do, and is Holcomb really that more effective?

Very frustrated... :devil:

I agree with Corp000085.  Start JP.  Holcomb played on an even keel if not worse.

461776[/snapback]

Except the same thing could be said about AVP. Give Holcombe a week to prepare - he's a decent, not great QB. Let's just see if we can salvage the season. If it doesn't work, I agree pull the plug - and let JP grow up. But until then, it's not fair to the rest of the team.

I know some of you are willing to sacrifice the present for the future. I'd like to see what KH can do over the next couple games. If he wins those, and they're back in the race, you gotta go with the guy who gives you short term hope. Now if KH stumbles, I think Losman's in a great situation. He comes in with the team and the fans knowing he's the best option the team has.

For those of you willing to throw away the season - I'd agree if the AFCE was as strong as last year. I want a chance at the playoffs. Losman's time will come - maybe as soon as next weekend. But until then, I want the best chance at winning now.

Holcomb has only been in there for a few series. JP is not ready for the NFL yet. He cant read  a defense or make a throw. Holcomb has thrown for over 400 yards more than once in his career. Lets give him a chance to spark the offense.

468444[/snapback]

remember when manning did all that up and down the line changing the play crap......it didnt work for awhile but then finally he figured something out enough to break passing td's in a season record.......

Coy Wire Sucks!

Sorry - couldn't resist ;)

With all the turmoil it's there's an odd feeling of comfort having that familiar constant :doh: