No respect for Rob Ray

NavyBillsFan

I thought the same exact thing when I read that article. Rob Ray is one of the all time great fighters. My old computer had tons of hockey fight videos but the harddrive died. Rob Ray No Shirt Required is awesome! I also had this fight montage of Ray beating the piss out of many done to a rocking song. I have to admit I have always been a huge Bob Probert fan. Baddest hockey fighter ever IMO.

Heres a list of Rays opponents-

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/164/rivals

I remember one night - this was probably back around 1979 or 80, I was at Mickey Rats in Angola - the Sabres were having a birthday party for Don Edwards - I was standing at the bar getting 3 or 4 Ice Picks (you all know what they are) when I turned around I ran straight into Dave Shultz - I think I dumped at least 1 of the drinks on him - I thought I was a dead man - but he just gave me a wink and let me pass on by - hell of a guy.

Goon List

Ill take a Rob Ray watching my back over Domi any day!  I do remember a one Mr Ray beating Domi to the ice more than once......

460253[/snapback]

Rob Ray, a goon? Most of my memories of Rob Ray as an enforcer are watching him skate away from fights.

Ray's no more a goon than I am. He just skates better.

I know I've mentioned it before on here somewhere, but best fight I ever saw was at the Aud when the Sabres were playing the Flyers. Huge brawl is going on, Barnaby's down in front of the net and Garth Snow (the goalie) taps him with his stick. Barnaby jumps up and beats the crap outta Snow. Then Barnaby and Brind'Amor fight for about 5 min cuz the refs are trying to break up everyone else fighting. Oh yeah Andre Trevilov (Sabres goalie) even fought with Snow and got his ass kicked I think...lol....I just remember the Aud was freakin going crazy. They had to end the period early to sort out penalty minutes.

Rob Ray, a goon?  Most of my memories of Rob Ray as an enforcer are watching him skate away from fights.

Ray's no more a goon than I am.  He just skates better.

460382[/snapback]

Robby was definitely not a goon. I never once saw him go after someone from behind nor hit a guy while he was down. (Brad May on the other hand....)

Also, Rob could actually play on a 3rd line on occasion. I remember several games in the Aud when Rob was "checking" Jagr and Jagr was afraid to even come near the puck, because whenever he did, Rob hammered him.

Dave.

I know I've mentioned it before on here somewhere, but best fight I ever saw was at the Aud when the Sabres were playing the Flyers. Huge brawl is going on, Barnaby's down in front of the net and Garth Snow (the goalie) taps him with his stick. Barnaby jumps up and beats the crap outta Snow. Then Barnaby and Brind'Amor fight for about 5 min cuz the refs are trying to break up everyone else fighting. Oh yeah Andre Trevilov (Sabres goalie) even fought with Snow and got his ass kicked I think...lol....I just remember the Aud was freakin going crazy. They had to end the period early to sort out penalty minutes.

460803[/snapback]

Didn't all 3 Sabres goalies end up in a fight with the Flyers goalie that year? Or was Dom's the previous year? Shields actually won HIS fight. Dom didn't get creamed, but he never could get his blocker off.

Dave.

Robby was definitely not a goon.  I never once saw him go after someone from behind nor hit a guy while he was down.  (Brad May on the other hand....)

Also, Rob could actually play on a 3rd line on occasion.  I remember several games in the Aud when Rob was "checking" Jagr and Jagr was afraid to even come near the puck, because whenever he did, Rob hammered him.

Dave.

461621[/snapback]

Mostly because the Razor was well known for executing textbook charges - that were rarely called.

Dude was a hockey player.

Mostly because the Razor was well known for executing textbook charges - that were rarely called.

Dude was a hockey player.

462255[/snapback]

I remember watching a game between the Sabres-Jets (it might've even been the same one this video is from) where Domi and Ray fought three times. I also believe Ray laid a check on Domi that knocked the glass out of its' holders.

I remember watching a game between the Sabres-Jets (it might've even been the same one this video is from) where Domi and Ray fought three times.  I also believe Ray laid a check on Domi that knocked the glass out of its' holders.

462488[/snapback]

yup, i was at that game at the aud... i think it was during their fight when ray slammed domi into the glass and it shattered everywhere. They ended the 2nd period abouto 2 mins early to clean the glass and then played them right before the start of the 3rd...