Everybody here is missing the real problem...

Dan Gross

Don't waste my time with trivialities...what other owners out there who have owned their respective team for 40+ years have done worse?

458942[/snapback]

The Brown family. You know, the ones that own the Bengals (although they're looking pretty good right now with the coach we should've had).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brown family.  You know, the ones that own the Bengals (although they're looking pretty good right now with the coach we should've had).

459599[/snapback]

But at least the eldest Brown could coach! His Cleveland Browns only had one losing season under him! And it only took Mike 13 years to figure out he needed competent help! Ralph is on 45 years and counting!

Besides that, I asked for 40+ years! The Bengals didn't start until 1968! Try Again!

Counter point (by point(?))

- I have little faith that he will bring in a stud to replace Donahoe, that is why I think people calling for Donahoe's head should think long and hard before requesting that.  If the Bills miss the playoffs again, should the Bills think about firing Donahoe? yes.  Should they do it?  Only if they see a candidate that is available that they believe will do better than Donahoe has done.

Dave.

459361[/snapback]

So who is a stud? Nice post BTW.

This thread right here, Wilson apologist!

460139[/snapback]

You think that FFS is speechless because he did not bother to reply to this thread? Ha! That is retatta logic, Cheez Wiz! B-)

Your proof is in the tapioca, my man. :doh:

You think that FFS is speechless because he did not bother to reply to this thread? Ha! That is retatta logic, Cheez Wiz!  B-)

Your proof is in the tapioca, my man.  :doh:

460351[/snapback]

Whatever, I just ain't drinking any of your Kool-Aid!

I bump this thread for all the pickle-kissing chuckleheads who are blaming TD for everything.

You're all a bunch of pussies.

Put the blame where it belongs.

On the owner.

467940[/snapback]

Word.

I think it really comes down to his control of the purse strings. Contracts, salary caps-whatever... you STILL need ready cash to cut the checks. The Bills have never been all that willing to structure contracts with enough "up front" money to attract prime talent.

You can't run an NFL team on a hockey budget.

That's on Ralph.

458950[/snapback]

:unsure:

That also happens to be 15 years past being a moot point. The salary cap and revenue sharing have leveled the figurative playing field, and most prime talent that has been targeted by Bflo (most recently Fletcher, TKO, and Sam Adams) signed with Bflo.

:unsure:

That also happens to be 15 years past being a moot point.  The salary cap and revenue sharing have leveled the figurative playing field, and most prime talent that has been targeted by Bflo (most recently Fletcher, TKO, and Sam Adams) signed with Bflo.

467950[/snapback]

Not necessarily.

Some teams (NE, Philly and Washington all come to mind) seem to be able to operate outside the salary cap law.

:huh:

That also happens to be 15 years past being a moot point.  The salary cap and revenue sharing have leveled the figurative playing field, and most prime talent that has been targeted by Bflo (most recently Fletcher, TKO, and Sam Adams) signed with Bflo.

467950[/snapback]

Does that extend to staff?

Plus, you missed the memo, Chris. :unsure:

I bump this thread for all the pickle-kissing chuckleheads who are blaming TD for everything.

You're all a bunch of pussies.

Put the blame where it belongs.

On the owner.

467940[/snapback]

If the Bills continue down this path, you'll have season tix in like two or three years man. I'll fly down a couple times to catch a few games with you every year. This could really work out for us man.

If the Bills continue down this path, you'll have season tix in like two or three years man.  I'll fly down a couple times to catch a few games with you every year.  This could really work out for us man.

467978[/snapback]

That's what I'M saying.

Can you say...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome YOUR Buffalo Bills of Los Angeles!!!!!!!"

Does that extend to staff?

Plus, you missed the memo, Chris.  :unsure:

467952[/snapback]

I was under the impression this thread was a tongue in cheek criticism of Ralph and after having read the posts, I responded. You mentioned Ralph's unwillingness to pay out big money upfront was a reason the Bills can't/don't get "prime talent." I beg to differ as there is nothing that I've ever seen (beyond your opinion, which happens to agree with those of some real doozies around here) to support that position, and I maintain that Mularkey is, and will be, a good coach for years to come.

As far as staff, there were very few Mularkey critics 3 weeks ago... The team's struggling. Big deal. You and I (and many others) are old enough to have been through this before - many times before. At the end of the day, the players need to step up and make plays. If the players lack the natural talent, blame the scouts, not the coach.

Now if you'll excuse me, there must be a memo floating around here somewhere it seems I need to read. :huh: