LOST 02.02 Discussion Thread

PTS

It probably doesn't hurt your theory that there is a pingpong paddle sitting on a chair in the image on the left which you think is actually a shot from the past. What use would table tennis equipment be to somebody who was all by himself?

Cya

466000[/snapback]

Concerning the ping-pong table - when Locke was exploring inside the living quarters, just to the right of the "mural" that contains the number "108" and pictures of sharks there is a ping-pong table. Except now, half of it is set up against the wall so that one person can play. That may indicate that Desmond was down there by himself for a considerable period of time and that Ethan, as some surmised, was not his roommate.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably doesn't hurt your theory that there is a pingpong paddle sitting on a chair in the image on the left which you think is actually a shot from the past. What use would table tennis equipment be to somebody who was all by himself?

Cya

466000[/snapback]

Forrest Gump played table tennis by himself by turning the other half of the table in a vertical position....

One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that Desmond did not seem to recognize Jack during their stand off. If it is a time travel thing, perhaps Desmond has not actually gone to meet Jack yet. Maybe it takes place in his future and Jacks past. If that makes sense.

466054[/snapback]

Who mentioned time travel? If he's still playing records, I doubt he's got a time travel machine. The creators said it would be sci-fi, but a grounded version of sci-fi.

I thought he did recognize Jack, just that he wasn't surprised at him being there. Did Desmond somehow collect everyone on the plane?

---

Thanks for pin status! but would it be possible to merge the 2.01 thread in with this and simply call it "LOST: Season 2 Previously Aired Ep discussion." Then someone can create a thread for this week's episode, and next week that one can be merged as well? Just in the interest of keeping it neat.

I'm going to scour the Internet for Apollo candy bars for this week's LOST party. Someone on this green earth, someone's gotta have a stash they're willing to part with.

Concerning the ping-pong table - when Locke was exploring inside the living quarters, just to the right of the "mural" that contains the number "108" and pictures of sharks there is a ping-pong table. Except now, half of it is set up against the wall so that one person can play.

Doh!

Guess I should actually watch the show before I comment on it. :D

Thanks for pin status! but would it be possible to merge the 2.01 thread in with this and simply call it "LOST: Season 2 Previously Aired Ep discussion." Then someone can create a thread for this week's episode, and next week that one can be merged as well? Just in the interest of keeping it neat.

I'm going to scour the Internet for Apollo candy bars for this week's LOST party. Someone on this green earth, someone's gotta have a stash they're willing to part with.

466084[/snapback]

UConn,

This issue continually creeps up. Maybe we should make a poll out of it.

I for one am against the idea of merging threads. I like having each episode in an individual thread. That way, when I want to refer back to another episode, I don't have to search through tons of pages. I can do a simple search on the episode and then read through 4-6 pages.

If we continue to generate 4-6 pages for each episode, a single thread would reach 90-130 pages. And when you do a search on this website, it only returns the thread and not the page # which makes finding a previous post near impossible.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that Desmond did not seem to recognize Jack during their stand off. If it is a time travel thing, perhaps Desmond has not actually gone to meet Jack yet. Maybe it takes place in his future and Jacks past. If that makes sense.

466054[/snapback]

Nice theory but last night's episode blew that to shreds. As Desmond finally admists that he recognized Jack in the woods and recounted the story of their first meeting.

In terms of threads, I think we should have seperate threads for individual episodes.

Nice theory but last night's episode blew that to shreds. As Desmond finally admists that he recognized Jack in the woods and recounted the story of their first meeting.

In terms of threads, I think we should have seperate threads for individual episodes.

466924[/snapback]

Done.