I'm going out on a limb with a proposed nickname

Fake-Fat Sunny

If (and I mean IF) Lindell hits a FG over 47 yards (the wide right distance) or an FG of any distance to win a game in the next few weeks, I propse we dub him with the nickname MONEY (as in his placekicks are like money in he bank).

Such a nickname is premature until he does it for us in crunch time, but I am impressed enough with his record of perfection in the first three after so many had given up on him, I feel compelled to throw this out there as a possibility.

I hope you haven't cursed him as I just added Money Lindell to my fantasy team to supplement Pegleg Akers. And since one TSW scourge is hardly enough for anybody, I went ahead and also added Bledsoemuch.

While we're proposing nicknames, I'm going with JP Lazarus.....

I hope you haven't cursed him as I just added Money Lindell to my fantasy team to supplement Pegleg Akers. And since one TSW scourge is hardly enough for anybody, I went ahead and also added Bledsoemuch.

While we're proposing nicknames, I'm going with JP Lazarus.....

457445[/snapback]

I have Janibrewski on my fantasy team and I keep looking at scores going "Woohoo, two FG's and two PAT's, there's some points..." then I look at the box score and notice two missed FG's... :w00t:

I laughed out loud as well over both Pegleg Akers and JP Lazarus. It remined me of one of my favorite books as a kid because it introduced me to Science Fiction, DUNE.

Paul Atreides had just killed Jamis in a duel and the tribe said to their leader Stilgat, "Stil. needs a name."

The name he chose Muad Dib was significant because the the Fremen name for the lowly mouse who though small is wise to the ways of the desert. it was also a big choice because that name was also the name in the historic texts of the being who saved them.

He altered it also in that he called himself Paul Muad-Dib honoring his roots.

So as a vote of confidence I dub Lindell money for my purposes. The verdict is still to be determined whether this MONEY is a good invesmennt or merely chump change!

As long as we're throwing nicknames out there, there has been a long standing argument as to what to call our defense, I'd like to dub them The Sieve Defense.

458010[/snapback]

In reference to the current administration's Steeler ties, how about The Aluminum Curtain?

In reference to the current administration's Steeler ties, how about The Aluminum Curtain?

458015[/snapback]

I always liked "Fur Curtain" myself...

As long as we're throwing nicknames out there, there has been a long standing argument as to what to call our defense, I'd like to dub them The Sieve Defense.

458010[/snapback]

Since they're allowing an average of 40+ points per game? No...? 30? No...? 20? No...?

There's a difference between disappointing and dreadful. Oh, I forgot, this is TSW, the land of extremes. Either you're Canton-bound or you suck, and that hinges on your performance last week....my bad...carry on...

If (and I mean IF) Lindell hits a FG over 47 yards  (the wide right distance) or an FG of any distance to win a game in the next few weeks, I propse we dub him with the nickname MONEY (as in his placekicks are like money in he bank).

Such a nickname is premature until he does it for us in crunch time, but I am impressed enough with his record of perfection in the first three after so many had given up on him, I feel compelled to throw this out there as a possibility.

457387[/snapback]

How ya feeling bout this post now FFS. We `all just knew it was coming. My boy Nick Novak kicked the winner in OT yeasterday not once, but twice(first was a delay of game penalty). Think the Beras might be thinking they made a mistake now?

How ya feeling bout this post now FFS. We `all just knew it was coming. My boy Nick Novak kicked the winner in OT yeasterday not once, but twice(first was a delay of game penalty). Think the Beras might be thinking they made a mistake now?

462882[/snapback]

We have a new nickname for FFS: "Nostradammit"