Anyone else think it's time for Tom to leave?

seq004

In 5 plus seasons no playoffs and we just keep waiting and hoping. To me he's had enough time and has to be held accountable for STILL not making the playoffs. I don't know about you guys but I miss the playoffs. I like MM for the most part but enough already. For some odd reason Ralph likes the guy so I quess were stuck.

In 5 plus seasons no playoffs and we just keep waiting and hoping. To me he's had enough time and has to be held accountable for STILL not making the playoffs. I don't know about you guys but I miss the playoffs. I like MM for the most part but enough already.  For some odd reason Ralph likes the guy so I quess were stuck.

457119[/snapback]

he's been unlucky, but in this business that doesnt mean you get to keep your job

cant really let him go now but would firing him mean letting mularkey go as well? If so id say no as id like to give mike one last chance but thats up to ralph wilson to decide

TD isn't going anywhere....those of you who don't appreciate him just need to suck it up and deal

457126[/snapback]

Tell me what should we appreciate is record Buffalo? I don't want MM to leave but please tell me what to appreciate. Is it his 1 winning season in 5? or his overall record of since his hire of 35 and 48? :D

Tell me what should we appreciate is record Buffalo? I don't want MM to leave but please tell me what to appreciate.  Is it his 1 winning season in 5? or his overall record of since his hire of 35 and 48? :D

457138[/snapback]

I know, I know.....there is no way around the record. I'm not happy about it either.

Didn't TD just get an extension? The NFL is a business people. Season ticket sales have improved every year since TD has been GM and are now the highest since the end of the SB run. TD came in to cap hell and has stabilized and even brought the Bills in under the cap. The marketing departments for tickets and merchandise are big moneymakers. Uniform re-designs and throwback uniforms increase revenue even more. Some of his personnel moves have been great (McGahee, Spikes, Fletcher, Evans, Sam Adams)

Would Ralph want to hoist the SB trophy before it's all over? Of course. But he wouldn't be the only owner never to enjoy that moment.

I don't drink the kool aid but I don't think TD has completely screwed up. I don't like the Pittsburgh network but that's what all businessmen do - they bring in their cronies. Gregg Williams was a mistake but I think Mularkey will be ok. I wish he had considered Weiss, Crennel, Fox or Lewis a little more before either of his hires.

Is it time for him to leave? I don't think so. Did you really think we were going to go deep into the playoffs with JP??? Let's get thru the growing pains this year and make a run next. His trailer is hitched to JP. If JP sh*ts the bed this year and the next it's time for a change.

And btw, I do miss the playoffs. I hate the fact that we have become the Lions of the afc.

Tom has done a very good job. The players are not playing to their expectations. Blame the players not the front office.

And even if Tom was let go, who is going to replace him? There are not that many GMs that are the caliber of Tom.

457175[/snapback]

I've said it a few times on here, so one more couldn't hurt.....those who are wanting TD gone are the same ones who will be whining after he's gone. TD is NOT the problem.

Tom has done a very good job. The players are not playing to their expectations. Blame the players not the front office.

And even if Tom was let go, who is going to replace him? There are not that many GMs that are the caliber of Tom.

457175[/snapback]

What do you expect out of a 2nd string LT who was cut before the end of the season by the Bears?

Think about it this is who TD signed to play as our starting LT. :w00t:

Now to Gandys credit, he has had a lot of blocking support from Campbell and they have done okay, but guess what, that takes the TE out of a pattern.

Who else hasn't played to expectation? It hard for the receivers to catch the ball when it is over their heads. But a 1st year starting QB will make mistakes, so it is understandable, but don't blame Evans and Moulds.

Edwards was barely resigned last year, and now he is filling in for a pretty damn solid NT who is gone. What did you expect?

I've said it a few times on here, so one more couldn't hurt.....those who are wanting TD gone are the same ones who will be whining after he's gone. TD is NOT the problem.

457178[/snapback]

Oh, my bad, he isn't? There's not many others to blame at this rate.

We have tried the following during his tenure with crap results.

1. Four QBs: Rob Johnson, Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, JP Leaf.

2. Too many OL to mention.

3. Two Head Coaches

4. Three Offensive Coordinators

Is it Eric Moulds fault, is that what you are saying?

By the way, Bill Cowher has gone to the playoffs multiple times without Tom Donahoe. On the other hand, Tom Donahoe has not gone to the playoffs without Bill Cowher.

Excuses for Tom Donahoe

1. John Butler left the team in salary cap hell, we need to bite the bullet for one season.

2. We have a great offense with Drew Bledsoe, we just need to improve the defense.

3. We have the defense, now we just need to improve the offense.

4. We just have to wait for JP Losman to develop.

When we go through the fifth rebuilding plan without smelling the playoffs, will it then be okay to blame Tom Donahoe?

The Tom Donahoe causes cancer or whatever thread, seems really lame right now.

Most teams do not anoint a low first round draft pick except when lacking better options, the player showing something in training camp or preseason, or the player stepping up when the original starter is injured. Top ten pick maybe, but Losman was a marginal first round talent at best.

3. Two Head Coaches

By the way, Bill Cowher has gone to the playoffs multiple times without Tom Donahoe. On the other hand, Tom Donahoe has not gone to the playoffs without Bill Cowher.

Excuses for Tom Donahoe

1. John Butler left the team in salary cap hell, we need to bite the bullet for one season.

2. We have a great offense with Drew Bledsoe, we just need to improve the defense.

When we go through the fifth rebuilding plan without smelling the playoffs, will it then be okay to blame Tom Donahoe?

Most teams do not anoint a low first round draft pick except when lacking better options, the player showing something in training camp or preseason, or the player stepping up when the original starter is injured.  Top ten pick maybe, but Losman was a marginal first round talent at best.

457198[/snapback]

I think we were 9-7 last year and we're three games into the season this year.....why don't you let things play out a little more before you go overboard with the catastrophizing.

3. Two Head Coaches

Excuses for Tom Donahoe

Most teams do not anoint a low first round draft pick except when lacking better options, the player showing something in training camp or preseason, or the player stepping up when the original starter is injured.  Top ten pick maybe, but Losman was a marginal first round talent at best.

457198[/snapback]

Great post Johnny B!! I'm glad there is another poster out there who hasn't drunk the kool-aid!!

I think we were 9-7 last year and we're three games into the season this year.....why don't you let things play out a little more before you go overboard with the catastrophizing.

457273[/snapback]

I agree. I don't understand this almost obsessive hatred of TD. These types of threads have been appearing since almost the first day he set foot in Buffalo.

Great post Johnny B!! I'm glad there is another poster out there who hasn't drunk the kool-aid!!

457278[/snapback]

The kool-aid you speak of is actualy the antidote to football naivety :w00t:

I don't think TD is going anywhere because RW gave him an extension and I am not sure he has the energy or desire to find a new gm and coach. We look crummy so far and I have strong sense of how the rest of the season will go, but we do have 13 games to play. I think the real problem will be if JP looks bad in the remaining games. Next year will not be very promising in that case. At a minimum, we need to see JP make some progress.

As far as TD, he is responsible for bringing in the players and choosing the head coach. The buck stops with him. No execuses about injuries, players not performing or the salary cap. He drafted the players, signed the free agents and chose the head coaches (so far). It is a bad situation when fans are thinking about next season after three games.