Misery Index

Pennsyl-tucky

This is from a fantasy football site called TheHuddle.com They had a ranking of ten NFL teams on their Misery Index. Buffalo was ranked #4.

4) Bills: J.P. Losman looks like a kid a the airport that just lost his family in the crowd. And with the loss of Takeo Spikes the defense now has more than just a quarterback that can't keep the defense off the field to overcome. Think long and hard about dumping your Bills players off on anybody in your league who may not have actually seen Losman behind center for themselves yet. This guy has been Ryan Leaf bad. Bills fans now looking back fondly on the relative aerial assault that was the Drew Bledsoe era. This team looked so promising just 3 short weeks ago. But now you get the feeling this season is going to be like one long root canal after another. Without the happy gas.

I'm not saying I agree with them, just thought I would add more logs on the flame war. My perspective is, it's week 4. Two years ago we were 2-1 coming into week 4 and we died a miserable and agonizing death. Last year we were 0-3 and being left for dead. So bottom line, who knows what's gonna happen. Just don't rag on my Bills.

And for that Ryan Leaf comment, now that's just a low blow!

I wouldn't completely rule us out yet, but I agree it doesn't look good for us right now... but last year everyone wanted to end the season after game four... we were doomed, it was over, what was the point? Then we made a play off push... So you never know. Weirder things have happened.

This is my fave "the Bills suck" quote from pig skin addiction;

JP Losman is doing an awesome Kyle Orton impersonation or is it the other way around? You could melt those 2 into one QB and still not even reach Gary Hogeboom levels (isn't Survivor a great show). Willis McGahee finally hooked his owners up as he rumbled for 140 yards and a score but that wasn't enough to overcome the Losman effect (75 yards passing).

Alex Trebec:

This dillweed couldn't hit his own ass with a football, stares at defenses like he's trying to read scrambled Latin, and will ultimately be a decent high school gym teacher in a couple of years.

Snake:

What is JP Losman. Show me the money Alex!

4) Bills:  J.P. Losman looks like a kid a the airport that just lost his family in the crowd.  And with the loss of Takeo Spikes the defense now has more than just a quarterback that can't keep the defense off the field to overcome.  Think long and hard about dumping your Bills players off on anybody in your league who may not have actually seen Losman behind center for themselves yet.  This guy has been Ryan Leaf bad.  Bills fans now looking back fondly on the relative aerial assault that was the Drew Bledsoe era.  This team looked so promising just 3 short weeks ago.  But now you get the feeling this season is going to be like one long root canal after another.  Without the happy gas.

456560[/snapback]

Dunno all in all, but that's pretty funny prose. :o

You guys are some true fans. Way to go!

456598[/snapback]

As a matter of fact I am a true fan ........ I just think some of these quotes are funny ........ and even a real "true fan" like yourself has to admit JP is stinking out the place so bad lately that if you can't laugh you gotta cry ...... and a football game just isn't important enough to make ME cry.

As a matter of fact I am a true fan ........ I just think some of these quotes are funny ........ and even a real "true fan" like yourself has to admit JP is stinking out the place so bad lately that if you can't laugh you gotta cry ...... and a football game just isn't important enough to make ME cry.

456603[/snapback]

Yes, but unlike some, I'm not ready or willing to pull the plug on him yet.

Ryan Leaf bad?

Come on.

The GREAT Ryan Leaf

+----------+--------------------------+----------------+

| WK OPP | CMP ATT PYD TD INT | RSH YD TD |

| 1 buf | 16 31 192 1 2 | 2 -1 0 |

| 2 ten | 13 24 179 0 0 | 7 31 0 |

| 3 kan | 1 15 4 0 2 | 4 1 0 |

| 4 nyg | 15 34 193 0 4 | 1 9 0 |

| 5 ind | 12 23 160 0 1 | 1 6 0 |

| 6 oak | 7 18 78 0 3 | 1 6 0 |

| 7 phi | 9 19 83 0 0 | 5 10 0 |

| 8 sea | 25 52 281 1 0 | 3 18 0 |

| 10 den | 4 15 26 0 1 | 0 0 0 |

| 15 sea | 9 14 93 0 2 | 3 0 0 |

| TOTAL | 111 245 1289 2 15 | 27 80 0 |

That week 3 games vs KC was an all time fave for me, as I think I had him in that week as a bye week replacement for my FFB team...good times...2 TD and 15 INT...

guess what ,,,, jp had his team in the game right to the end , only his third start against a top 5 quaterback that will probably be in the nfc championship game come january as a matter of fact he looked better than trent green and the big bad kc chiefs did last night getting spanked allover mile high last night ,,,,trent green couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night !!!!!

This dillweed couldn't hit his own ass with a football, stares at defenses like he's trying to read scrambled Latin, and will ultimately be a decent high school gym teacher in a couple of years.

456595[/snapback]

:o

I do like the use of the term "dillweed," though.

I've been a Bills fan since 1977 when my dad took me to my first game at age 6. Stuff like this pisses me off, especially when it comes from a 'fantasy' source. They're looking purely at stats, and basing a comparison to Leaf on 3 NFL starts.

By pointing this out, it fires me up about JP and makes me root for him all the more. It's like that line in Animal House, where Neidermeyer is yelling at Flounder. "HEY, they can't talk like that to our pledges, only we can talk like that to our pledges."

I take it personally when outsiders rip on the Bills, they're like family to me. To say that I'm not a fan, well then you missed my point entirely.

guess what ,,,, jp had his team in the game right to the end , only his third start against a top 5 quaterback that will probably be in the nfc championship game come january as a matter of fact he looked better than trent green and the big bad kc chiefs did last night getting spanked allover mile high last night ,,,,trent green couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night !!!!!

456623[/snapback]

First off .... JP was not playing against a top 5 QB ..... he was playing against a defense that two weeks ago their starting CBs weren't even on the team .... our defense played against Vick.

And as far as comparing JP to Green night last night ......

Green went 23 for 44 for 221 yards, with 1 TD and 0 Ints

and JP went 10 for 23 for a grand total of 75 yards, 0 TDs and 1 Int.

which set of stats do you think look better?????

If Green can't hit the broad side of a barn .......... what can't JP hit?

Green went 23 for 44 for 221 yards, with 1 TD and 0 Ints

all in the last 5 minutes of the game ,,,,,garbage stats ...... td in last two minutes .......big DEAL!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact green missed and over threw rec's all night!deal with it ,,, were's the out rage veteran QB stunk it up in mile high all night wasn't ever in the game period ....we got beat by a top five quaterback don't care what the stats say thats what he is give me a call when they make another deep run in the playoffs ,,,, if he played for us everyone would be saying vick is what he is a top five qb....

By pointing this out, it fires me up about JP and makes me root for him all the more.  It's like that line in Animal House, where Neidermeyer is yelling at Flounder.  "HEY, they can't talk like that to our pledges, only we can talk like that to our pledges."

456636[/snapback]

I love that line. The most under-used quote from that movie...

Actually, JP in the last two games has been Ryan Leaf bad. There is no way around it. He just won't turn out to be Ryan Leaf bad.

456629[/snapback]

He doesn'tt have the INTs needed to be considered Rian Leaf bad. But yeah, he's been putrid. JP is a bright kid who has a solid work ethic and fantastic physical skills. The odds of his career being Rian Leaf bad are pretty slim. Leaf only had one of those things going for him.