(OT)Any of you losers actually buy TV show DVD's?

The Poojer

I only have The Simpsons (Season 1), Star Trek:  TNG (Seasons 3&4), and Married With Children (Season 1) so far.  :) 

I really want to get the X-Files on DVD but those are priced out of my league.  I'll be getting Three's Company and Family Guy here pretty soon tho.

32803[/snapback]

Uh, Three's Company? You are joking right! Hey check used cd/dvd stores in your area for used versions of X-Files. I see them used all the time here in Austin, normally about $40. I think they go for about $100 new.

if so, do they have the fade outs for commercials or are they continuous scenes?

32422[/snapback]

you see the obvious places where commericals go in ....I guess you could pause and have one of your family members do a commerical for you.

Dad, here is why I need a bigger allowance in 30 seconds...for example.

Yea, Suzanne Somers is a joke man.  :D

I don't buy these types of things used.

33303[/snapback]

The best thing about buying the TV sets used is that nornmally they are in excellent condition. A lot of people buy them, watch them once, and sell them off. Don't buy from a rental place that is selling off rented copies. Try a used cd store that also sells used DVD's. I got all 4 "Sopranos" sets like this, plus the Beatles Anthology (for $35) and they look fresh out of the package.

Ps-Okay, give me Leah Remni, I'll give you Suzanne Summers! :huh:

The best thing about buying the TV sets used is that nornmally they are in excellent condition.  A lot of people buy them, watch them once, and sell them off.  Don't buy from a rental place that is selling off rented copies. Try a used cd store that also sells used DVD's.  I got all 4 "Sopranos" sets like this, plus the Beatles Anthology (for $35) and they look fresh out of the package. 

33886[/snapback]

Netflix is also a good option for watching TV on DVD.