MM storms out of PC?

Thailog80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love MM, but he has no idea how bad it can get here when things start going south. It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure. Last year it was Bledose's fault (according to the media). Now they have to realize that the hand picked QB is not getting it done nor is the "great" defense. It's on the coach and GM now.

I love MM, but he has no idea how bad it can get here when things start going south.  It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure.  Last year it was Bledose's fault (according to the media).  Now they have to realize that the hand picked QB is not getting it done nor is the "great" defense.  It's on the coach and GM now.

453462[/snapback]

You think? :doh:

Listening to the 97 Rock postgame on the way home, there was a question (I didn't recognize the voice but it definitely wasn't Sullivan) which asked, "Why was Duke Preston in the game during the final series when Losman fumbled?"

Mularkey responded by saying, "Because Villarial was winded."

The reporter then asked (paraphrasing), "Don't you think it's odd that a starting veteran would be replaced by a rookie with less than two minutes to go because he's winded?"

And Mularkey immediately snapped, "Well I guess you know more than I do".

The reporter said, "That's not it, I just want to know the reasoning behind that".

To which Mularkey replied, "Because it was the decision, that's why. Okay?"

Again, that was all paraphrasing...not really exact wording but that's pretty much how that went down. It was only about 60 seconds later that Mularkey cut the PC short and stormed out. The reporter (whomever he was) I thought was asking an extremely valid question. Why the hell was Preston in there?? Because Villarial was winded??? Huh???

This was the first time I was unimpressed with Mularkey's "media savvy". The first time you pull out the "Well I guess you know more than I do card" with the media, you're well on your way to losing them. Not good MM. I love him, I really do, but I can't imagine if he were coaching in NYC.

And Mularkey immediately snapped, "Well I guess you know more than I do".

Kinda sounds like a schoolground response..."I know you are, but what am I?"  Don't go crazy, I like Mularky a lot ...but that's weak.

453634[/snapback]

Oh I like Mularkey too (check out my username), but that was very weak. He snapped and I wonder if he regrets. Whenever the Bills post the PC on their website, I would recommend downloading it so you can hear exactly what was said. It was definitely interesting.

Anyone happen to be listening to WGR55 for the post game press conferences?

JP sounded in denial, and was stumbling over anything he was trying to say. Sounded about as lost as he looked in today's game. He said he was his own worst critic, but didn't bother mentioning his awful accuracy today. He was going on and on about his hesitation and how he's got to correct that but at the same time giving the class a lesson about how to be a good quarterback. I was a pretty big JP fan at first, but he's starting to lose me.

Leo Roth asked a few questions that didn't make MM happy so he stormed out of his press conference. That's very unlike MM. Must've been pretty po'd. MM said something to the effect of "Well you know more than me so you tell me the answer to that", ok I dont know exactly what he said but something of that nature.

I was a pretty big JP fan at first, but he's starting to lose me.

453651[/snapback]

After THREE starts?

Obviously you haven't been a football fan for too long. Otherwise you would realize that the greats ALL started terribly (with the exception of Marino).

Elway blew his first year, and so did Favre. I'm not saying Losman is of that caliber, but come on man, at least give him a season and THEN start making judgements.

After THREE starts?

Obviously you haven't been a football fan for too long. Otherwise you would realize that the greats ALL started terribly (with the exception of Marino).

Elway blew his first year, and so did Favre. I'm not saying Losman is of that caliber, but come on man, at least give him a season and THEN start making judgements.

453658[/snapback]

Like I said he is starting to lose me. Let's not do the 'how long ive been watching football for' crap. I've been watching long enough to know that he's incompetent as a QB RIGHT NOW. When he gets accurate, call me pal.

Like I said he is starting to lose me. Let's not do the 'how long ive been watching football for' crap. I've been watching long enough to know that he's incompetent as a QB RIGHT NOW. When he gets accurate, call me pal.

453675[/snapback]

AMEN Brother! He may turn out to be great... but right now, he sucks! Worst QB in the league.

Malarkey's head is full of marbles. This team should have realized that the Falcon's defensive backfield were completedly outmatched with our receivers and had gone pass crazy. I don't care if it was JP or Holcomb, the obvious call was to get the ball to Moulds and Evans. I kept wondering when we were going to through it deep or over the middle again and again and yet I saw us running and running and running and taking more and more time off the clock. As bad as they played, this game was still so winnable today. I'm still shaking my head.

453675[/snapback]

Like I said, PAL...how do you reconcile the fact that Favre and Elway BLEW SHEEP their first years as starters?

After THREE starts?

453658[/snapback]

I think we all would settle for Brady or Roethlisberger.