stfu about our defense being to blame

Anon Y. Mous

I dont care what anyone says as of today.

But the defense is just as bad as the offense.

It was willis mcgahee who prevented this game from being a blowout today.

Certainly not anyone on the defensive side of the ball.

How many rushing yards have they given up the last two weeks? Like 500 yards?

I don't care what anyone says as of today this moment JP Losman isn't worthy of operating a fryer at McDonalds.  He sucks.  He singlehandedly cost us the football game.  As of right now he should not be starting. Stop blaming the D.  You cannot expect them to win every game for us.  If Losman is only good for turnovers on the negative side and field goals on the positive side we are !@#$ed.  I am sick and tired of this BS - year after year.

453150[/snapback]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let not lose sight of the fact that even though WM did well, he wasn't as good today as Atlanta's rushing tandem.  They outgained him 172 yards to 140 on the same number of carries.  Both Dunn and Duckett had higher yards per carry.  Both had longer breakaway runs.

He wasn't a bright spot in an otherwise abysmal performance,  he was a patch of adequacy.

453662[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but 5 yards per carry is not "adequate"....it's exceptional. Who cares what the other team did? Our running game was working.....you stick with it. Period.

With a newb QB, 16 points should have been good enough to beat the Falcons at home.

453226[/snapback]

Since when does 16pts equal a victory in the NFL. We need to be able to score more than 16points.....if we can't......IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON!!!! <_<

I'm sorry, but 5 yards per carry is not "adequate"....it's exceptional. Who cares what the other team did? Our running game was working.....you stick with it. Period.

453683[/snapback]

You have to stick with it yes but you also need to make the occasional play in the passing game. Let's not forget that Vick did have 2 passing TDs against us today. I'm not blaming JP as the sole reason we lost today as it is a team game but JP is going to have to improve if we expect this team to win every week.

Since when does 16pts equal a victory in the NFL. We need to be able to score more than 16points.....if we can't......IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON!!!! <_<

453717[/snapback]

Very true, last year I felt 17 was the magical number that the offense had to score each week in hopes to win.

You have to stick with it yes but you also need to make the occasional play in the passing game. Let's not forget that Vick did have 2 passing TDs against us today. I'm not blaming JP as the sole reason we lost today as it is a team game but JP is going to have to improve if we expect this team to win every week.

Very true, last year I felt 17 was the magical number that the offense had to score each week in hopes to win.

453814[/snapback]

Oh, I totally agree with you....JP has got to hit those passes....but if you saw the fouth quarter, we were MOSTLY passing while down only 8pts. That's crap.

453717[/snapback]

It's good enough to win when you have a "household name defense"......but as we're finding out, we apparently don't have that.

JP has been horrid, that much is true. But the defense only forced 2 or 3 punts ALL GAME. That's the definition of Not Getting It Done. Scoring 16 points, while not exciting, is often enough points to get you the win at home.

Fact of the matter is, these coaches haven't proven anything yet. I like them, but they haven't shown us anything yet. Win one tough game against a top 10 team. Just one, and I'll have some data to consider. Hate to say it, but let's be honest, Wisenhunt has had a very similar situation as Mularkey and has done a hell of a lot more with it. We have better receivers, supposedly as good a line, and better running backs. But the performance difference is night and day.

THis is a coaches game. The players are mere cogs in a machine. Look at the difference that mIke Nolan has made with the same players. Look at what Belichick has done with street free agents in his secondary.

I won't make excuses about players. WHo missed what tackles and who was injured. This is Mularkey's responsibility, and if JP continues to FAIL to pull the trigger on open receivers, he has to play Holcomb.

If he's committed to winning, he'll show us what the offense can do with Holcomb. Short of that, and we're headed for 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 at best.

Everyone knew going into the season that JP was a rookie QB and had a high potential for being very bad. Winning this season was based solely on special teams and the "all world" defense. JP has lived up to expectations so far. He has been very bad. What's killing the Bills so far is the defense is playing so terrible. Run completely over two weeks in a row. Basically didn't eve put up a fight!!! Was Pat Williams that good?

It is clear that this probably isn't a Super Bowl year. I also don't believe this defense has any chance of ever being great. It is time to retool. Rbuild the defense and the OL then take a shot at the playoffs.

care to retract that statement?

454224[/snapback]

453683[/snapback]

Exceptional? In the 12 games that are finished at the time of this posting, I count 8 runningbacks (not counting guys with cameo roles) averaging over 5 ypc, with WM the 8th. 5 won their game and 3 lost.

If you bring it down to 4 ypc, you pick up another 6 backs. So all in all I call a 5 ypc performance solid but not so exceptional that it will win a game.

Think of it this way - we needed another TD and a FG to win. Suppose we could have squeezed in more running plays to get them, with no change in the number of passing plays. That's about a 70 yrd drive and a 50 yrd drive. Even at WM's exceptional superhuman ypc, that's another 24 carries, giving him 51 on the day... The running game can only take you so far.

both the offense and defense are not playing well.

the end.

453469[/snapback]

Bingo. It's a 50-50 deal. I love my Bills, but this is a bad team right now. I am holding out hope that something will click inJ.P.s head, and that the D will start to live up to all of the hype, but my rose colored glasses are fading fast. This D was supposed to dominate. WE cannot expect them to win every game, but right now they are the worst run D in the league, and we can expect better than that Takeo Spikes or not...Oh, I forgot Vick's rushing yards don't count.

MM called out WM and he produced. He needs a press conference this week with a laundry list of names, and yes, JP tops the list.

Let not lose sight of the fact that even though WM did well, he wasn't as good today as Atlanta's rushing tandem.  They outgained him 172 yards to 140 on the same number of carries.  Both Dunn and Duckett had higher yards per carry.  Both had longer breakaway runs.

He wasn't a bright spot in an otherwise abysmal performance,  he was a patch of adequacy.

453662[/snapback]

You have GOT to be kidding me! Last time that I checked, Willis is 1 man. You cannot compare the running of two, rested backs to the performance of the "bright spot" on offense for the Bills.

95% of the time, I would think that 27 carries and 142 (?) yards equals a win. Some slightly better play from the QB and a third down stop from the D probably equals a win. To call a 142 yard performance from the RB a "patch of adequacy" is ridiculous. The Bills rushing performance is further magnified by the fact that the QB was playing so poorly that the Falcons D had to know that Willis was getting the ball!

95% of the time, I would think that 27 carries and 142 (?) yards equals a win. Some slightly better play from the QB and a third down stop from the D probably equals a win. To call a 142 yard performance from the RB a "patch of adequacy" is ridiculous. The Bills rushing performance is further magnified by the fact that the QB was playing so poorly that the Falcons D had to know that Willis was getting the ball!

454643[/snapback]

So true. Willis did enough to get a win. JP and the D threw this game.

It's a team effort. The Defense IS playing poorly, led by our glaring weakness up the middle. The DT position must be addressed during the off-season with the aquisition of TWO DT's, whether by Free Agency or the Draft.

Fletcher runs well side to side but gets steamrolled on straight ahead runs. Jerry Gray is blitz happy while leaving large gaps for RB's and WR's to roam free.

The Offense needs to find a spark at the QB postion, plus stick to the run more. Chris V. and Teague were brutal yesterday.

The playcalling has been terrible on both sides of the ball.

It's a team effort. The Defense IS playing poorly, led by our glaring weakness up the middle. The DT position must be addressed during the off-season with the aquisition of TWO DT's, whether by Free Agency or the Draft.

Fletcher runs well side to side but gets steamrolled on straight ahead runs.  Jerry Gray is blitz happy while leaving large gaps for RB's and WR's to roam free.

The Offense needs to find a spark at the QB postion, plus stick to the run more. Chris V. and Teague were brutal yesterday.

The playcalling has been terrible on both sides of the ball.

454651[/snapback]

You are right about the defensive middle. There was one play where Duckett had such a head of steam that he crushed Milloy upon contact; not an easy thing to do.

Adams is scaring me. Teague is a literal mess. By the time our lines are rebuilt, our safeties and linebackers will be approaching their fifties.

What is your take on JP? How much longer should MM wait before benching him?