Moulds overrated?

The man has the star mystique, Pro Bowls and fan following but what have you done for me lately dude? True he was hurt last year but the only difference he made Sunday was getting us beat (2 fumbles, 1 on the 7 yard line).

Quit playing soft and make some plays that give us the W. Until I see some of that, EM is on my overrated list.

OK, forget about how many points he may have cost us. How many points was he responsible for?

I don't hate the guy, I just think our standards are too low for a guy that's supposed to be a superstar. Example: What did Terrell Owens do for the Eagles on Sunday (2 TD catches?) THAT'S the impact I'm talking about.

hes a probowl reciever. as long as hes healthy he is one of the best. he did fumble, but he did get the first TD of the game... (the only in that game).

if oyu want a scape goat, blame clements for letting the guy cetch a 4th and 5, 40 yard pass!!!!, or reese for letting a rookie cetch a lob pass in the endzone with 4 sec. left. or our O-Line for not blocking well enouph on 1st and goal.

moulds is a major reason why we should have won that game.

OK, forget about how many points he may have cost us.  How many points was he responsible for?

I don't hate the guy, I just think our standards are too low for a guy that's supposed to be a superstar.  Example: What did Terrell Owens do for the Eagles on Sunday (2 TD catches?)  THAT'S the impact I'm talking about.

31938[/snapback]

Actually TO had 3 touchdowns. And I agree with you. As much talking as Moulds has done in the past and all he SHOULD be more of a playmaker. He seems timid now and maybe he's afraid of jacking up his leg again.

He's overrated by Bills fans anyway, many of whom insist he's one of the top 4 WR's in the game. Most "outsiders" rate him in the 7-10 range, which is about right.

Yes, we got the ball back on an int, but the Reese int probably happens anyway if Moulds doesn't fumble....I doubt Jax runs a different set of plays or Jerry Gray calls a different defense if the score's 10-6 in the 3rd Qtr instead of 7-6.

Actually TO had 3 touchdowns. And I agree with you. As much talking as Moulds has done in the past and all he SHOULD be more of a playmaker. He seems timid now and maybe he's afraid of jacking up his leg again.

31993[/snapback]

I don't think he looked timid at all against Jax. In fact his fight cost us his fumble at the 7. he tried to get more yards. Moulds is back, you'll see

The man has the star mystique, Pro Bowls and fan following but what have you done for me lately dude?  True he was hurt last year but the only difference he made Sunday was getting us beat (2 fumbles, 1 on the 7 yard line).

Quit playing soft and make some plays that give us the W.  Until I see some of that, EM is on my overrated list.

31931[/snapback]

I assume you are being sarcastic. The guy had 8 catches and a TD in a tight defensive battle. What would you qualify as a playmaker? 16 catches and a couple more TDs?

Is Moulds overrated? Depends where one rates him. If someone said, he's one of the top 5 receivers in the NFL, I would say he's overrated. If the statement was moe like, he's in the top 15, then I'd say you have him rated just about right.

He's overrated by Bills fans anyway, many of whom insist he's one of the top 4 WR's in the game.  Most "outsiders" rate him in the 7-10 range, which is about right.

Yes, we got the ball back on an int, but the Reese int probably happens anyway if Moulds doesn't fumble....I doubt Jax runs a different set of plays or Jerry Gray calls a different defense if the score's 10-6 in the 3rd Qtr instead of 7-6.

32246[/snapback]

How on earth does the Reese INT happen if Moulds doesn't fumble? You think after we kick the ball off to them they'll run the same play and the same WR will slip and fall letting Reese break on the ball?

Bottom line is Moulds fumble at the 7 was a bad play on his part but it didn't really cost us anything...and to blame Moulds for that lateral is just ridiculous.

And for the original poster, no Moulds is not overated. The guy is one of the best WRs in the league.

OK, forget about how many points he may have cost us.  How many points was he responsible for?

I don't hate the guy, I just think our standards are too low for a guy that's supposed to be a superstar.  Example: What did Terrell Owens do for the Eagles on Sunday (2 TD catches?)  THAT'S the impact I'm talking about.

31938[/snapback]

TO also has McNabb at QB and a better O-line to give DM time to throw to him.

When PP was here, EM was dominant. Until Evans or Reed can put a little fright into opposing defenses, EM will have a tougher go of it. Being double teamed when your QB has 3 secs at best to throw doesn't make for good numbers.

How on earth does the Reese INT happen if Moulds doesn't fumble?  You think after we kick the ball off to them they'll run the same play and the same WR will slip and fall letting Reese break on the ball?

32445[/snapback]

Yes....that's what I was getting at.

Why WOULDN'T they have called the same play? Would their gameplan have changed because they're down by 4 points instead of 1 in the 3rd Qtr?

Why WOULDN'T the WR have slipped on the same route if the score was 10-6 instead of 7-6? Obviously it was a freak occurance, but the scoreboard didn't have anything to do with it.

He is overrated only in the sense that all players are overrated by their hometown fans. League-wide, Moulds is in the "top ten" category.

Having said that, and IMO, he is definately tradeable, I think this is the best time to do it, just at the end of his peak years and just prior to his re-ceding years. Either sometime this year, or this off-season, we should be able to get something pretty decent for him.

An outsider's POV - talented, but injury-prone and a tad inconsistent. Keeps CBs up the night before games when he's healthy. Seems to have the 'ol Bret Saberhagen "Every other year" thing going on, doesn't he?. Like other WRs, affected by # of weapons around him and held back by inconsistent QB play.

Still, I wouldn't want Ty Poole or Asante Samuel on him. Deserves a #1 corner's attention.

An outsider's POV - talented, but injury-prone and a tad inconsistent.  Keeps CBs up the night before games when he's healthy.  Seems to have the 'ol Bret Saberhagen "Every other year" thing going on, doesn't he?.  Like other WRs, affected by # of weapons around him and held back by inconsistent QB play.

Still, I wouldn't want Ty Poole or Asante Samuel on him.  Deserves a #1 corner's attention.

32658[/snapback]

He is far from "injury prone". He has had a few minor ones, but has never been that bad until last year.

The reason he is inconnsistent is because he has had 7, that I can think of, different QBs throwing to him. Then add all the different offenses he has had to learn. Not a matter of him being incosistent, but the Bills in general being incosistent.

He is far from "injury prone".  He has had a few minor ones, but has never been that bad until last year.

The reason he is inconnsistent is because he has had 7, that I can think of, different QBs throwing to him.  Then add all the different offenses he has had to learn.  Not a matter of him being incosistent, but the Bills in general being incosistent.

32662[/snapback]

I looked it up, you're right about him not being "injury prone" in the most literal sense - Moulds is usually on the field. My recollection of him was that he was banged up a lot, but it looks like I'm wrong.

I looked it up, you're right about him not being "injury prone" in the most literal sense - Moulds is usually on the field.  My recollection of him was that he was banged up a lot, but it looks like I'm wrong.

32685[/snapback]

Yeah, as far as I can remember, the injury last year was his first notable injury, period. He's been very lucky in that respect.