Can't wait for NHL Center Ice

Dante

Being a TML and San Jose Shark fan keeps me busy enough during hockey season. This season, with the league overhaul and drastic power shifting, it will be even more interesting. Sabres should be more competitive and although im indifferent to the Penguins, Im looking forward to watching Crosby play. It looks like he is the real deal. Quote from the Toronto Sun

"Crosby is polished in a way no 18-year-old could dream of. He attacks the net ferociously and was roughed up by Bruins defenders all night. And he is one of the few skill players of any age to disdain the perimeter."

And the link

to the article.

Being a TML and San Jose Shark fan keeps me busy enough during hockey season. This season, with the league overhaul and drastic power shifting, it will be even more interesting. Sabres should be more competitive and although im indifferent to the Penguins, Im looking forward to watching Crosby play. It looks like he is the real deal. Quote from the Toronto Sun

"Crosby is polished in a way no 18-year-old could dream of. He attacks the net ferociously and was roughed up by Bruins defenders all night. And he is one of the few skill players of any age to disdain the perimeter."

And the link

to the article.

450945[/snapback]

I've posted a lot today. We're having some "down time" due to some large scale code re-factoring, but I digress...

If a game is on OLN, or CBC... will Direct TV black the games out like the used to do with the Empire games and stick up the "call to order Center Ice" message? Man, cause if they do, I hate that.

I've posted a lot today.  We're having some "down time" due to some large scale code re-factoring, but I digress...

If a game is on OLN, or CBC... will Direct TV black the games out like the used to do with the Empire games and stick up the "call to order Center Ice" message? Man, cause if they do, I hate that.

450949[/snapback]

When you have Center Ice, not only do you not have to worry about that, you get to watch the west coast games after the east coast games.

As much as my wife is hating this, I'm loving the return of 2 games/day! Thank God for hockey!

sorry for not doing my own research, but are the center ice games available in HD?

450997[/snapback]

It depends on your cable/satellite provider as well as the network carrying the game, but generally not, or at least not the last time there was an NHL season.

I've posted a lot today.  We're having some "down time" due to some large scale code re-factoring, but I digress...

450949[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean. Here, if a Shark game is on a local channel or the Fox regional channel, it wont be on a Center Ice channel. BUT if the are playing at home, and local TV isnt carrying it, Center Ice blacks it out. Sucks

Not sure what you mean. Here, if a Shark game is on a local channel or the Fox regional channel, it wont be on a Center Ice channel. BUT if the are playing at home, and local TV isnt carrying it, Center Ice blacks it out. Sucks

451019[/snapback]

He's in Durham, so they might black out 'Canes games for him on occasion.

The only gripe I've ever had is when they don't carry the Sabres' coverage and I have to listen to terrible announcers drone on about everything other than the game. Pens and Wings are among the worst offenders IMO.

I have yet to see whether or not Comcast will be carrying the Center Ice package. It seems like common sense that they would since they've got a vested interest in the NHL now. I'll have to call tomorrow to check this out. I need my Sabres!

And the link

to the article.

450945[/snapback]

Forget the remote beinga problem....TML fan? Oh the horror!! :(<_<

450949[/snapback]

I would assume games that are on OLN will not be on Ceneter Ice, but that is only a guess. And, I also assume that no games will be HD until OLN goes HD, and the provider, either D* or cable, picks that channel up. Thats why I didn't like this OLN deal. At least ESPN now has two channels in HD. OLN I would assume is at least a season away.

May be wrong, but I think the only HD games will be on NBC

I have yet to see whether or not Comcast will be carrying the Center Ice package.  It seems like common sense that they would since they've got a vested interest in the NHL now.  I'll have to call tomorrow to check this out.  I need my Sabres!

451057[/snapback]

In case there are any comcast customers out there, I just called and they are carrying the package. You can call at any point now to sign up. This should be one hell of a winter with almost a limited amount of NHL games and a lot of BU games to go to too.

Forget the remote beinga  problem....TML fan? Oh the horror!!  :P  :(

451087[/snapback]

I do follow the Sabres somewhat though. Have a soft spot for them because I used to go to a lot of games at the Aud when I was younger during the French Connection days. That must count for something, no?