Might sound trite in the grand scheme, but

Beerball

Rita better not eff up my DTV signal on Sunday.  If it happens I hope someone is going to do play by play in the chat room.

Some reports have shown the storm hitting DFW late Saturday.  Hope she moves on quickly.

450293[/snapback]

Never had that problem with cable...............................

Never had that problem with cable...............................

450358[/snapback]

I've rarely have a problem with reception on my DTV either though. I can count one time in 5 years where I didn't get to watch something when I wanted. In the years that I had cable TV it was down more than that. Cable commercials make a big deal of weather when it comes to satellite TV when in truth it has to be pretty severe (like, say, a hurricane) to disrupt service.

Oh crud....I didn't think of that. :(

We could hop it up to OKC Beerball. We can watch the game with the OKC Backers? Nope that's in Rita's path as well.

Or drive to Lubbock :blink:

Or we could start driving now and get to Buffalo. :)

I am not gonna' miss that game by golly

Duh - Dallas is expecting hurricane force winds and rain on Saturday night and Sunday

:blink:

450373[/snapback]

Yeah, some tracks show cat 1 when it gets here. That's a lot of land for this beast to cover and remain cat 1 strength.

I think El Paso has a backers club.

my signal gets screwed up in a small rain storm. hell, it even screws up some times on a clear day. (last sunday, right after the safety for example :blink: )

i with sunday ticket was available with cable. cus its the ONLY reason i have directv.

my signal gets screwed up in a small rain storm. hell, it even screws up some times on a clear day. (last sunday, right after the safety for example  :blink:  )

i with sunday ticket was available with cable. cus its the ONLY reason i have directv.

450393[/snapback]

What's your "normal" signal strength? Sounds like your dish might be aimed a little off...

Rita better not eff up my DTV signal on Sunday.  If it happens I hope someone is going to do play by play in the chat room.

Some reports have shown the storm hitting DFW late Saturday.  Hope she moves on quickly.

450293[/snapback]

I didn't lose the signal during Isabel's landfall. Make sure you're signal meter is high, like into the high 80s. I switched the transponder (I went from the default of 1 to number 25) and had a 94 signal the day before it hit (it was a clear day). It did drop a bit to the mid 70s during the height of the storm and had a couple of brief glitches - not low enough to screw up the signal for more than a couple of seconds.

Contast that with whatever name storm came through here last year, we lost cable as soon as the wind picked up. :blink:

I didn't lose the signal during Isabel's landfall.  Make sure you're signal meter is high, like into the high 80s.  I switched the transponder (I went from the default of 1 to number 25) and had a 94 signal the day before it hit (it was a clear day).  It did drop a bit to the mid 70s during the height of the storm and had a couple of brief glitches - not low enough to screw up the signal for more than a couple of seconds.

Contast that with whatever name storm came through here last year, we lost cable as soon as the wind picked up. :blink:

450402[/snapback]

Was gonna post the same thing Campy. When Isabelle came through Richmond, my D*was fine until the power went. If you can get that sucker in the high 90's , almost needs to be a volcanic explosion to fade that signal.

What's your "normal" signal strength?  Sounds like your dish might be aimed a little off...

450400[/snapback]

usually in the mid 90s. its usually ok, but will go out for a few seconds in a rain storm.

also, my damn recievers will randomly "reset" and wont let me go above channel 100, (sometimes 250). when that happens, i have to unplug it, and plug it back in. then it "searches for a signal" for a min or so before i get a signal again.

1 reciever in particular does it ~3 times a week. so when i get home from work, turn on the tv, i have to go through that crap again and again.

i called, and they said... "you know how you have bad days.. well its the same for electronics"... no BS, thats what that stupid !@#$ said to me on the phone.

but if i want, i can get them to send me a box, and i can mail my reciever out of state for them to "try" and fix it. (why the hell cant the best buy down the street take care of it????). (i got 3 recievers, but damn it i need them all. :D )

now i got to move and i dont know if i can get a signal from my new place. (we will see next month. if i cant, they will probubly give me some "terminating the contract" fee, AFTER i just paid for sunday ticket. :D

so thats my feelings on DirectV....... but i need my football. :D

Was gonna post the same thing Campy. When Isabelle came through Richmond, my D*was fine until the power went. If you can get that sucker in the high 90's , almost needs to be a volcanic explosion to fade that signal.

450419[/snapback]

If I need step by step instructions (likely) I'll ask you or Campy for an assist.