LOST 02.01 Discussion Thread

PTS

I forgot how much I hated when show ends in the heat of the moment. What the hell does it all mean? Who is that dude? What does it have to do with "The Others"? Walt? The hatch mystery for now is answered, but 10 more mysteries are found.

I have decided to use my TBD Blog to recap the clues and details of each episode this season.

Here's the link ... Click Here

I think many of you will find it interesting. You gotta watch these episodes REAL close, especially in the flashbacks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who else was a bit disoriented in the beginning? I'm thinking "WTF? Is this a commercial or what?"

I actually got up to get osmething to drink because I didn't think the show started and then the music cut out.

Nice song btw. :blink:

It's the guy Jack was "racing" up the stadium stairs with in the flashback scene.

450032[/snapback]

Let me rephrase that ... what the hell is that dude. I knew it was him as soon as I saw the flashback scene.

So in the beginning, was he injecting Steroids or a vaccine? If a vaccine...then for what?

450042[/snapback]

My initial thought was he injected 'roids since he seemed to be all about working his body, but the quarentine sign on the hatch could lead to a vaccine. Who knows?

They opened up the hatch, and then whole can of worms that came with it.

Well the hatch said quarantine, so I'm thinking it's some kind of vaccine. Maybe it makes it so you do not experience the visions/strangeness of the island. It could be setting up some kind of struggle between the people living below the surface and the passengers. Although I'm really curious as to the origin of the man. He told Jack that he was training for a "race around the world." Who knows....This show is like a drug!

What if there is a "disease" outside the island that causes people to go insane - which would explain strange occurances on the island. Maybe the "others" are those who are infected.

It is clear teh dude in the hatch was put there in the 1980's with all the pop culture images. The question is why and by who? Military? Maybe he was put there to study effects of biochemical agents - or to guard a ground-zero site of one of these weapons. Maybe the plan crashed after a testing of the weapon occurred?

My initial thought was he injected 'roids since he seemed to be all about working his body, but the quarentine sign on the hatch could lead to a vaccine. Who knows?

They opened up the hatch, and then whole can of worms that came with it.

450061[/snapback]

I think it was most likely a vaccine shot...but that opens up a ton of addional questions:

1) Who sent this guy to the island? It appears that he was training to go to this place. So, it is logical to assume someone (government perhaps?) sent him there and gave him all that equipment.

2) If someone sent him there, what for? What is his job? It appears he was to be locked in the quarentine box, given vaccines and equipment to monitor the island...yet the equipment looks OLD. Which makes one assume that this sort of survelience on the island has been going on for a long time (at least since the 1980s).

3) WHEN did he get there? What is the time line between when Sarah was fixed and when the plane went down? Couldn't be more than 10 years...probably closer to 5. So this guy hasn't been down there THAT long. And, if he hasn't been down there that long, that means whatever they are giving him injections against is probably still on the island (afterall, if he was down there for 20 or 30 years, we COULD assume that whatever viral threat he was vaccinating himself against has past since none of the survivors seems to have been affected...)

4) Finally, the 3rd question kind of leads into this, if the virus (for lack of a better term) is still out there, still worth being vaccinated against, what does that mean for everything we have seen to date? Could all the monsters, "others", "French woman" etc be some sort of drawn out hallucination or effect from the bug? (I bet not...but that is certainly possible given the new evidence).

That's a heap of new twists to sort through...and the more you answer one (or all) of those questions, the more f'd up the mystery gets...

What if there is a "disease" outside the island that causes people to go insane - which would explain strange occurances on the island. Maybe the "others" are those who are infected.

It is clear teh dude in the hatch was put there in the 1980's with all the pop culture images. The question is why and by who? Military? Maybe he was put there to study effects of biochemical agents - or to guard a ground-zero site of one of these weapons. Maybe the plan crashed after a testing of the weapon occurred?

450070[/snapback]

I don't think it's clear he has been there since the 80s. In fact I would say its the opposite (my above post). What is clear is that the ROOM (hatch) has been there since at least the 80s.

I'm starting to wonder what is quarantined? Most think the hatch is protecting the outside from what's inside the hatch. But is the hatch protecting the inside from the Island?

450101[/snapback]

Certainly could be...

But the fact that they are rotating (possibly) personelle into the hatch, it seems like they are instead monitoring the affects of something outside the box rather than inside the box.

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

If you go the Lost website above and enter the code "theislandiswaiting" you'll get a one page script from the show for what looks like that next episode.

Basically it looks as if something happens in the hatch that freaks Jack out so much that is causes him to have one thought on his mind ... RUN. The real kicker is the last paragraph which I'm pissed I read because that might be a huge spoiler.

Next week should be even better.

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

If you go the Lost website above and enter the code "theislandiswaiting" you'll get a one page script from the show for what looks like that next episode.

Basically it looks as if something happens in the hatch that freaks Jack out so much that is causes him to have one thought on his mind ... RUN. The real kicker is the last paragraph which I'm pissed I read because that might be a huge spoiler.

Next week should be even better.

450129[/snapback]

Interesting page...but if it's real (it could be a tease), then you shouldn't be TOO worried since it's just the end of ACT ONE (which should be around the 10 minute mark of next week's show).

Very interesting indeed though...it would explain a lot (like Sarah's miracle, the guy in the stadium, Walt's appearence on the island, Locke's transformation from the chair to what he is now....)

Just got done watching it. The one disadvantage of living on the west coast. Very interesting episode, and of course they have to leave you hanging. They did'nt even focus on Michael, Sawyer, & Jin.

How the hell did that guy get there?

How long has he been there?

Whats with all that stuff in the room(hatch)?

Is Kate really alright?

What's with the bright light?

Could anyone make out what Walt said to Shannon?

I did'nt watch the previews for next week, since they tend to show more than I want to see. What can I say, I want to be surprised.

Damn I love this show!!! Thank God it's back on. It'll be a fun ride. :blink:

I have decided to use my TBD Blog to recap the clues and details of each episode this season.

I think many of you will find it interesting. You gotta watch these episodes REAL close, especially in the flashbacks.

Just got done watching it. The one disadvantage of living on the west coast. Very interesting episode, and of course they have to leave you hanging. They did'nt even focus on Michael, Sawyer, & Jin.

How the hell did that guy get there?

How long has he been there?

Whats with all that stuff in the room(hatch)?

Is Kate really alright?

What's with the bright light?

Could anyone make out what Walt said to Shannon?

I did'nt watch the previews for next week, since they tend to show more than I want to see. What can I say, I want to be surprised.

Damn I love this show!!! Thank God it's back on. It'll be a fun ride.  :blink:

450176[/snapback]

Some of those answers can be found in my blog entry for the show. See link above.

Walt is speaking backwards.

My guess is the Island is some sort of experiment and the hatch area is made to look "homey" for the mental sake of the person living there.

450191[/snapback]

Mr. Clutch

wonderful Job! Believe it or not I fell asleep and I was pissed when I woke up and relized I had missed it! Your Link saved the day. Thanks!