Rita

diver

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets pray for the Texas coast that people evacuate and find a safe haven.

Go out and by your winter coats and hats.  Turn down the thermostats.  This will effect us this winter.

449351[/snapback]

"....and I feel fine"

But seriously, this happens ever few years where the hurricane season will be quite busy. The media coverage this gets makes it seem abnormal. Wait till this season is over, we'll be talking about the Bird Flu epedemic that will kill most of us.

"....and I feel fine"

But seriously, this happens ever few years where the hurricane season will be quite busy.  The media coverage this gets makes it seem abnormal.  Wait till this season is over, we'll be talking about the Bird Flu epedemic that will kill most of us.

449359[/snapback]

But this year the storms are affecting the oil platforms in the gulf, which means oil prices will spike again. Last year all the storms hit us in Florida, clear away from the gulf.

Everybody oughta move to Ohio. :(

449366[/snapback]

With where rita is going, and your comment, all i hafta say is...

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio

except the snow and the rain

I really like Drew Carey

and I'd love to see the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

So when your done doing whatever

and when your thru doing whoever

you know Denton County will be right here waiting for you....

Come back to Texas

Its just not the same since you went away

Before you lose your accent

and forget all about the Lonestar State

There's a seat for you at the rodeo

and I've got every slow dance saved

Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway"

My girlfriend (ex Buffalo) is in Seabrook which is on the other side of Galveston Bay. They just announced mandatory evac for her area which is mostly at sea level. She's leaving because she has two dogs and two cats. She's headed north to stay with me in Dallas. Luckily she has replacement cost and flood insurance on her house.

Now WTF am I going to do with no spare bedroom, two dogs and two cats invading my house. :(

My girlfriend (ex Buffalo) is in Seabrook which is on the other side of Galveston Bay. They just announced mandatory evac for her area which is mostly at sea level. She's leaving because she has two dogs and two cats.  She's headed north to stay with me in Dallas. Luckily she has replacement cost and flood insurance on her house.

Now WTF am I going to do with no spare bedroom, two dogs and two cats invading my house.  <_<

449399[/snapback]

Visit friends in Chicago?

With where rita is going, and your comment, all i hafta say is...

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio

except the snow and the rain

I really like Drew Carey

and I'd love to see the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

So when your done doing whatever

and when your thru doing whoever

you know Denton County will be right here waiting for you....

Come back to Texas

Its just not the same since you went away

Before you lose your accent

and forget all about the Lonestar State

There's a seat for you at the rodeo

and I've got every slow dance saved

Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway"

449396[/snapback]

<_<:lol::lol:

VERY good, Ramius!

My girlfriend (ex Buffalo) is in Seabrook which is on the other side of Galveston Bay. They just announced mandatory evac for her area which is mostly at sea level. She's leaving because she has two dogs and two cats.  She's headed north to stay with me in Dallas. Luckily she has replacement cost and flood insurance on her house.

Now WTF am I going to do with no spare bedroom, two dogs and two cats invading my house.  <_<

449399[/snapback]

Make sure the video camera is in good working order?

449399[/snapback]

Well the cats are nice with some BBQ sauce, throw em on the grill and let em sit for a while. The dogs will be nice to play catch with, or if you need to plow a small field.

Luckily she has replacement cost and flood insurance on her house.

449399[/snapback]

Unfortunately for her it's adminstered by FEMA, and as many here are finding out from Isabel, it only covers damage up to the high water mark, not the mold and other stuff that accompanies the water.

Also, their adjusters have been lowballing people making it impossible to find contractors willing to do the work for the price.

Some insurance, that. <_<