Experts had warned CBS about the documents

SilverNRed

Then there's this:

Powerline Blog

Money Quote:

Emily Will, a veteran document examiner from North Carolina, told ABC News she saw problems right away with the one document CBS hired her to check the weekend before the broadcast.

"I found five significant differences in the questioned handwriting, and I found problems with the printing itself as to whether it could have been produced by a typewriter," she said.

Will says she sent the CBS producer an e-mail message about her concerns and strongly urged the network the night before the broadcast not to use the documents.

"I told them that all the questions I was asking them on Tuesday night, they were going to be asked by hundreds of other document examiners on Thursday if they ran that story," Will said.

And another:

A second document examiner hired by CBS News, Linda James of Plano, Texas, also told ABC News she had concerns about the documents and could not authenticate them.

"I did not authenticate anything and I don't want it to be misunderstood that I did," James said. "And that's why I have come forth to talk about it because I don't want anybody to think I did authenticate these documents."

Good job, CBS. Starting to look like Dan raTHer presented the documents actually *knowing* they weren't authentic.

Then there's this:

Powerline Blog

Money Quote:

And another:

Good job, CBS.  Starting to look like Dan raTHer presented the documents actually *knowing* they weren't authentic.

31731[/snapback]

Hardly a surprise there. The libs have demonstrated that they want to take down Bush by any means necessary. Lying, cheating and stealing doesn't faze them in the least.

BTW, I started a new thread because the Dan Rather scandal just moved from "sloppy journalism" to "let's release the questionable documents anyway because it'll probably be a big story and hurt the President." Things just went up a notch thanks to ABC News.

Up until now I was willing to believe Danny Boy was so liberal that the forgeries just fit in his paradigm and it maybe didn't occur to him that they might not be the real deal. I would at least listen to that argument.

But now it looks like raTHer actually knew they were fake but wanted his 'bombshell' against the President anyway. Well, at least someone is getting blown out of the water thanks to the 60 Minutes piece. It ain't the President, though.

I'll be interested in watching CBS' competition getting into this, should it be true.

31754[/snapback]

To be fair, my original link itself has a link to an ABC News article that blasts the whole thing wide open.

Right now, the rest of the mainstream media has joined the bloggers in tearing them to pieces.

They're out of allies.

To be fair, my original link itself has a link to an ABC News article that blasts the whole thing wide open.

Right now, the rest of the mainstream media has joined the bloggers in tearing them to pieces. 

They're out of allies.

31757[/snapback]

Apparently CBS has taken issue with Meatloaf's claim that 'two out of three ain't bad."

Apparently, one out of three ain't bad either.

Thanks for the link. The media is behaving from a competitive standpoint now, and that is good for the Bush campaign because now the networks will do his work for him.

I don't think they knew they were fakes, they just didn't want to listen to anyone because they really wanted them to be real......(does that make any sense?)

32020[/snapback]

No.

But where is our local expert who was clamoring that these were real, no doubt and discredited all who said otherwise. I believe it was BRH????

I take note that with all this hand-wringing by the media - forged documents or not, experts, words by involved people, journalsitc integrity, and so forth, the issue that seems to have been forgotton is:

If forged (which seems more and more to be the case), who did it? Did CBS? If not, who gave them to CBS? Why?

I take note that with all this hand-wringing by the media - forged documents or not, experts, words by involved people, journalsitc integrity, and so forth, the issue that seems to have been forgotton is:

If forged (which seems more and more to be the case), who did it? Did CBS? If not, who gave them to CBS?  Why?

32088[/snapback]

CBS already said it was some guy who was a senior muckitymuch in the Kerry campaign who had something to do with the National Guard. I will have to research his name and position.

If forged (which seems more and more to be the case), who did it? Did CBS? If not, who gave them to CBS?  Why?

32088[/snapback]

CBS is reporting right now that they were given the documents by the Bush campaign in what was obviously an attempt to discredit Saint Kerry's campaign. What's more, CBS says they have the documents to prove it. To quote Dan Rather: "Whoa, Nellie! These are the real thing this time! No WAY Karl Rove could have forged these!"

Okay...that wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be. I apologize... :huh:

CBS is reporting right now that they were given the documents by the Bush campaign in what was obviously an attempt to discredit Saint Kerry's campaign.  What's more, CBS says they have the documents to prove it.  To quote Dan Rather: "Whoa, Nellie!  These are the real thing this time!  No WAY Karl Rove could have forged these!"

Okay...that wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be.  I apologize...  :huh:

32136[/snapback]

Drop and give me fifty maggot.