(OT) Anyone have a Tempur-pedic bed?

ajzepp

Now that my ex-wife has decided she can get a better deal with another guy, my disposable income will soon be re-invigorated. I've already got plans to make some nice improvements to my home theater gear, and now I've come across this Tempur-pedic bed. It comes with a 20 year warranty and is supposed to be very good for big guys (6'2" 255....I guess that counts as big) with back problems. I have had lower back issues for a while now, and the thought of a bed that would help with that is pretty exciting. Anyone have one of these things, or know someone who does??

Now that my ex-wife has decided she can get a better deal with another guy, my disposable income will soon be re-invigorated. I've already got plans to make some nice improvements to my home theater gear, and now I've come across this Tempur-pedic bed. It comes with a 20 year warranty and is supposed to be very good for big guys (6'2" 255....I guess that counts as big) with back problems. I have had lower back issues for a while now, and the thought of a bed that would help with that is pretty exciting. Anyone have one of these things, or know someone who does??

31620[/snapback]

We have a 3 inch (or so) pad made of visco foam that cost about $200. It's nice on top of our high dollar mattress. I think the Temper stuff is OK, but you're paying an awful lot of money for alot of foam you don't use.

We have a 3 inch (or so) pad made of visco foam that cost about $200.  It's nice on top of our high dollar mattress.  I think the Temper stuff is OK, but you're paying an awful lot of money for alot of foam you don't use.

31623[/snapback]

Link for the visco?

I tried it out... but I did not like it... Thnak god for the 90 day home trial...

The problem is this... It is nice when it is warm... BUT once it gets cold... The faom hardens and it feels like sleeping on cement...

Just my 2 cents.... I got a really nice pillow top sealy for 1/2 price and it great!

-fK

I also have the 3" topper. I paid $350 for one for my queen bed. I can honestly tell you i dont think getting the whole matress would make that much of a difference. I mean, even where you make the heaviest contact with the bed (hips, shoulders) i dont feel like Im even hitting the matress.

Now a review:

Simply put, the most comfortable sleep i have ever had.

A tip though. If you do go with the topper, do not use a fitted sheet on top. It compresses it too much, and you lose the great softness. Just get another unfitted sheet, and drape it over it. That way, you sink right in.

Everyone who has slept in it tells me it is the most comfortable bed they have ever been in. And to think, I paid $700 for my matress, Im sure any old one would work with the topper.

And yes, you can press your hand in it, and it will retain that shape. But even just resting your arm on it and the lifting it leaves an imprint for just a sec, so you know it is working. Its awesome, and I wont go without one.

That said, Im sure the full matress made out of it is great, but you are getting alot of expensive foam that you dont really need.

Being in Florida, I wouldnt know about what happens when it gets really cold, as one above poster said, but even when i was in buffalo, i had heat! :D

My wife and I were waking up with back problems on an older inner spring mattress, and we had to choose between a higher quality inner spring, an air mattress, a viscoelastic mattress, or a craftmatic adjustable bed. My wife argued for a Craftmatic. I didn't want anything to do with that becauseas near as i could tell it only has value for peoplewho sleep on their backs, and I never sleep on my back. I thought about the viscoelastic foam, but we opted for an air mattress instead (not select comfort, but a brand I found in an internet search. I think we've had it about four years now. I'm pretty happy with it. Sometimes when the air pressure drops too much my back will bother me, but the pump takes just seconds to get the pressure up to where it should be. I can live with once every few months. It's a lot better than waking up after five or six hours every single night with my lower back killing me. Maybe the viscoelastic would have been better, but I don't know if toppers were even available 4 or 5 years ago, and a queen size mattress of the stuff would have cost me a lot more than I paid for the air mattress.

We have a 3 inch (or so) pad made of visco foam that cost about $200.  It's nice on top of our high dollar mattress.  I think the Temper stuff is OK, but you're paying an awful lot of money for alot of foam you don't use.

31623[/snapback]

I also went the cheaper way and bought a 4 inch thick pad on E-Bay and it is great. Both my wife and I had some back issues and the pad has been a great help. The only downside it takes a little getting used to. I highly recommend it !!

Well, my wife took the bed with her, so I actually need a bed anyway....but seems like a lot of you are saying the top pad thing works just as well......so you think I should get a good, not great mattress, and then just get the top pad??

My wife and I bought the Tempurpedic Celebrity Bed several months ago and love it. The Celebrity model offers a 2" topper on top of the 12" bed. They're both made of the Tempurpedic memory foam, but with the topper, its easy to move around and get up without getting stuck in one place by sinking in. The topper also helps by not being too stiff when you first get into the cold bed. The whole thing is covered by a cashmire cover so it is nice and soft and warm. I got it at The Mattress Firm, which is also located in Buffalo and they have the best deal anywhere on the Tempurpedic beds. The factory sells it for list and restricts the dealers ability to discount. So, they gave us free Tempurpedic King Pillows, free frame, free delivery and no tax. Plus, we got 2 years same as cash. For the King size Celebrity bed, it still cost us almost $3,200 but it is the best money I ever spent.

Way better than the sleep number bed, or any memory foam product I have heard of. Believe me, I have tried everything. I love fullwave waterbeds, but even though they are very comfortable, with those the lack of support kills you. No other product competes in my opinion.

I have a titanium left hip and am about to get my right one replaced as well due to bad arthritis. This is the first product that lets me get a good night sleep every night and yet noth bother my wife with snoring. I just can't say enough for this nearly life-saving bed.

My wife and I bought the Tempurpedic Celebrity Bed several months ago and love it.  The Celebrity model offers a 2" topper on top of the 12" bed.  They're both made of the Tempurpedic memory foam, but with the topper, its easy to move around and get up without getting stuck in one place by sinking in.  The topper also helps by not being too stiff when you first get into the cold bed.  The whole thing is covered by a cashmire cover so it is nice and soft and warm.  I got it at The Mattress Firm, which is also located in Buffalo and they have the best deal anywhere on the Tempurpedic beds.  The factory sells it for list and restricts the dealers ability to discount.  So, they gave us free Tempurpedic King Pillows, free frame, free delivery and no tax.  Plus, we got 2 years same as cash.  For the King size Celebrity bed, it still cost us almost $3,200 but it is the best money I ever spent.

Way better than the sleep number bed, or any memory foam product I have heard of.  Believe me, I have tried everything.  I love fullwave waterbeds, but even though they are very comfortable, with those the lack of support kills you.  No other product competes in my opinion.

I have a titanium left hip and am about to get my right one replaced as well due to bad arthritis.  This is the first product that lets me get a good night sleep every night and yet noth bother my wife with snoring.  I just can't say enough for this nearly life-saving bed.

31875[/snapback]

Wow....that's a strong testimonial.....that's actually the bed I was looking at myself....I also liked the fact that they are allergen and dust-mite proof :huh:

Now that my ex-wife has decided she can get a better deal with another guy, my disposable income will soon be re-invigorated.

Divorced, and with disposeable income? How the hell did you pull that off. You must have a very good lawyer or a very dumb ex wife.