Failure on every level.

SF Bills Fan

Was McGahee hurt? He sure looked tentative. Losman didn't appear to be throwing to anyone at times. Our defense looked horrible. I can't find one bright spot from yesterday, other than we didn't commit many penalties.

Losman's game scares me. I'm not pushing the panic button yet. It is clear his development will be a long process.

I think that Rian Lindell had a good game...

6 for 6 now!

446399[/snapback]

I'll give Lindell credit. He took a lot of heat last year. He is doing very well this year.

McGahee is a slow starter. He doesn't seem to hit his stride until later in the game. That is a problem wehn we are behind and go to the pass to catch up. His blocking is a problem at times as well.

That said, yesterday was not a typical game for him, so I will not pile it on. I think he'll bounce back.

Losman scares me because we do'n know if week 1 is the norm or yesterday is the norm.

I guess this was to be expected, basically a very young and inexperienced QB.  Still no interceptions though.  And I think Tampa may be back, and for real again.

446654[/snapback]

Tampa looked good. We were beat by a good club. That is small consolation.

Losman is very lucky he doesn't have a pick. He could have about 6 were it not for dropped balls by defenders.

Tampa looked good. We were beat by a good club. That is small consolation.

Losman is very lucky he doesn't have a pick. He could have about 6 were it not for dropped balls by defenders.

446694[/snapback]

The Texans dropped a couple of JP passes as well.

The Bucs had a couple of opportunities for INTs, but dropped them.

Weird...

Special teams weren't bad at all. Yes, Tampa's punter had an freakin' outstanding game, but that wasn't really the Bills special teams' fault. Lindell was there when we needed him. McGee had several nice returns. If there was one bright spot, it was the special teams.

By the way, regarding McGahee's play, I think he was just trying too hard to make something big happen. In all fairness, the Bills needed a big play from someone yesterday. If he was able to break just one of those run for a long TD, the Wall may have looked much different today. Also, don't forget that McGahee is not yet an "experienced veteran." He is in the very begninning of his first full year as the starter. He still has a lot to learn.