Top 5 talent

IndyJay1234

I am going to post this from Fox Sports. I want you to look at the talent the good teams have. The Bills DO NOT HAVE A PLAYOFF ROSTER! Review the list. Break out the top players from the good team. Count how many each team has. Then you must ask yourself this. Why do I think this is a playoff team? Do I think in addition to all these great players that these teams also have a collection of solid players as well? Why did I buy that this was mearly a coaching problem?

My point which I make is that a collection of slightly above average players will not make the playoffs without 4-5 great ones. Not when we have serious questions on the offensive line. This offense is Horrible. Kid yourself... This team cannot score. This team can dink, dink, punt. This defense is highly over-rated. It is a bend but dont break defense. This team has no kicker. Losing to Jacksonville is not what bothers me. Losing to Jacksonville at home does. Keeping a team like Jacksonville alive all game scares me. Not being able to move the ball on Jacksonville was the nail.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2965178

Just how many teams do you think have 4-5 top 5 guys on their team?

I must also disagree with the we bend but don't break defense. A bend and don't break defense is by definition a team that allows the yardage and time of possesion but not the points.

We certainly din't fit that mold on Sunday, and last year we wre 2nd in yardage and 5th in points. The only glaring problem with last years defense was take aways and I think we got off to a good start in that department (lets hope that continues).

I agree with IndyJay. I think we have some talent, but I don't think we have many superstars or enough talent to win a Superbowl. I am also not sure that we have the right mix of talent. For example, is Drew Bledsoe the right qb to throw dink passes?

I don't have much optimism for this season. This is not a terrible team, but you have to beat a team like the Jaguars at home. They were not a playoff team last year (and we beat them in Jacksonville last year). This does not seem like progress to me.

In my opinion, this defense is underrated. I love to watch this defense and am 100% confident when they are on the field. I wouldn't trade this D for any other in league. Just my opinion. Our defense set us up for most of the scores. If we had an offense that could put up 14-21 pts/game consistently, we would have a great team. the defense is good for setting us up for 3-10pts on their own/game. We need the offense to captialize on the defensive turnovers, and score twice on their own. Wait for the maturation process to unfold in the coaching staff, and the team adjusting to the run first mentality. i personally like what i saw last game with the exception of a few key mistakes. I highly doubt they will ever pass again on 3rd and 1 from the 1yrd line. Correct the fumblitis, and we are set. I see all the right ingredients, just need the chef to get the recipe straight.

Just how many teams do you think have 4-5 top 5 guys on their team?

I must also disagree with the we bend but don't break defense.  A bend and don't break defense is by definition a team that allows the yardage and time of possesion but not the points. 

We certainly din't fit that mold on Sunday, and last year we wre 2nd in yardage and 5th in points.  The only glaring problem with last years defense was take aways and I think we got off to a good start in that department (lets hope that continues).

31458[/snapback]

Colts

Ravens

Vikings

Packers

Titans

Pats

Chiefs

Panthers

Eagles

Seattle

Every team made the playoff except the Vikings that missed out by one game..

Colts -----Manning, Harrison, Vanderjagt , Freeney (a stretch for Freeney)

Ravens ---Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Ogden, Reed, maybe Boulware

Vikings ---Moss, Culpepper, Birk, Chavous

Packers --Green, Rivera, Favre

Titans -----McNair, Hopkins, Bulluck

Pats -------Law, Viniteri, maybe McGinest

Chiefs -----Holmes, Shields, maybe Gonzalez

Panthers --Jenkins, Sauerbrun, maybe Davis

Eagles -----McNabb, Owens

Seattle ----Alexander, maybe Jones,

I just don't see that many top 5 guys on their teams.

I see 1 team with 5, 2 teams with 4, 5 teams with 3 and 2 teams with 2 (if you count the maybes).

My count for the Bills --Mooreman, Spikes, you might be able to make a case for Fletcher or Moulds and of course Bledsoe(just kidding).

JMHO but only 2 of your teams meet the criteria of 4-5 top 5 guys in the league.

edit to Miami ---Taylor, Thomas, Surtain

Colts -----Manning, Harrison, Vanderjagt , Freeney (a stretch for Freeney)

Vikings ---Moss, Culpepper, Birk, Chavous

Packers --Green, Rivera, Favre

Titans -----McNair, Hopkins, Bulluck

Pats -------Law, Viniteri, maybe McGinest

Chiefs -----Holmes, Shields, maybe Gonzalez

Panthers --Jenkins, Sauerbrun, maybe Davis

Eagles -----McNabb, Owens

Seattle ----Alexander, maybe Jones,

I just don't see that many top 5 guys on their teams.

I see 1 team with 5, 2 teams with 4, 5 teams with 3 and 2 teams with 2 (if you count the maybes).

My count for the Bills --Mooreman, Spikes, you might be able to make a case for Fletcher or Moulds and of course Bledsoe(just kidding).

JMHO but only 2 of your teams meet the criteria of 4-5 top 5 guys in the league.

edit to Miami  ---Taylor, Thomas, Surtain

31529[/snapback]

I look at the list in the original post. Fox Sports Top 100 players. These teams have 4-5 players on this list. Check the list. I found it sobering.

What Bills players are potential Top 100 guys?

McGahee- If he is. It is a wash because of Henry.

Evans- ??

Losman- ??

Clements- No.

Williams- No.

Check the list and you will see the players.

Fletcher did just miss this list.

Moulds. Too inconsistent.

Moorman- No way is a punter in the top 100.

I guess i should re-phrase from Top 5 to Top 100. This is not a perfect list. I just do not see talent on this team. YOU NEED TALENT. I look at these playoff teams and they ALL have more talented players than the Bills. You cannot truely buy into the spin at onebillsdrive.

I look at the list in the original post. Fox Sports Top 100 players.  These teams have 4-5 players on this list.  Check the list.  I found it sobering.

What Bills players are potential Top 100 guys?

McGahee- If he is. It is a wash because of Henry.

Evans- ??

Losman- ??

Clements- No.

Williams- No.

Check the list and you will see the players. 

Fletcher did just miss this list. 

Moulds. Too inconsistent.

Moorman- No way is a punter in the top 100. 

I guess i should re-phrase from Top 5 to Top 100.  This is not a perfect list.  I just do not see talent on this team.  YOU NEED TALENT.  I look at these playoff teams and they ALL have more talented players than the Bills.  You cannot truely buy into the spin at onebillsdrive.

31555[/snapback]

You really need to check the list.

I am ranting I know. It is frustrating because Sullivan is right with the smoke and mirrors. I LOVE THIS TEAM! I just cannot buy they are a playoff team.

Believe me I understand the frustration!!!!!

The problem with that list is there are a lot of players on it who simply don't belong in the top 100, just as Rueben didn't belong in the Pro Bowl last year.

All of this is mute, all that matters to us Bills fans is wins and losses, and right now we have no wins and 1 loss. But that being said the situation is nowhere near as bad as Sullivan regularily makes it out to be. He seems to want to stir up the pot for no other reason than to increase circulation.

31529[/snapback]

You have to add McAlister (best CB in the game last year) & Heap (definitely top 5 TE) to the Ravens.

They've got more stars than anyone in the league.

If they only had a QB...

I am going to post this from Fox Sports.  I want you to look at the talent the good teams have. The Bills DO NOT HAVE A PLAYOFF ROSTER! Review the list. Break out the top players from the good team. Count how many each team has. Then you must ask yourself this. Why do I think this is a playoff team? Do I think in addition to all these great players that these teams also have a collection of solid players as well? Why did I buy that this was mearly a coaching problem?

My point which I make is that a collection of slightly above average players will not make the playoffs without 4-5 great ones.  Not when we have serious questions on the offensive line.  This offense is Horrible. Kid yourself... This team cannot score. This team can dink, dink, punt.  This defense is highly over-rated. It is a bend but dont break defense. This team has no kicker.  Losing to Jacksonville is not what bothers me. Losing to Jacksonville at home does. Keeping a team like Jacksonville alive all game scares me.  Not being able to move the ball on Jacksonville was the nail. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2965178

31427[/snapback]

I think your Post speaks directly to the core of the frustration after Sunday's loss...Look, I know it's only Week #1, and the Jury is still WAY out on this point...But if it's not the Coaching, it's got to be the Talent...I think deep down inside that is where the ugly fear lies. Because if it's the Players, this thing is a bigger project than ANY of us will willingly accept... :D

I'll take Steve Young's word on Eric Moulds over that list...when healthy Moulds is the 4th best WR in the league...only TO, Harrison and Moss are better. These lists that get put out every year go mostly by what happened last year...a year Moulds was tearing it up until week 5 when he got injured...hell, it appears Moulds would have been better off just not playing instead of sucking it up and playing through an injury because it appears that everybody has overlooked that the guy was injured last year. Thank god he's a team player and not a "me" guy.

All of you guys saying he has "off" years every odd year are right when it comes to stats, but just think who Moulds has had throwing him the ball during his entire career...Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie...the one full season with Bledsoe he tore it up and was doing so last year as well.

I'd like to see the numbers Harrision, TO, Moss or any other WR in the league puts up with that collection of QBs throwing them the ball.

I'll take Steve Young's word on Eric Moulds over that list...when healthy Moulds is the 4th best WR in the league...only TO, Harrison and Moss are better.  These lists that get put out every year go mostly by what happened last year...a year Moulds was tearing it up until week 5 when he got injured...hell, it appears Moulds would have been better off just not playing instead of sucking it up and playing through an injury because it appears that everybody has overlooked that the guy was injured last year.  Thank god he's a team player and not a "me" guy.

All of you guys saying he has "off" years every odd year are right when it comes to stats, but just think who Moulds has had throwing him the ball during his entire career...Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie...the one full season with Bledsoe he tore it up and was doing so last year as well.

I'd like to see the numbers Harrision, TO, Moss or any other WR in the league puts up with that collection of QBs throwing them the ball.

31699[/snapback]

His play did not impress me as much as it must have you in week 1. 1 fumble and the lateral play. Not good.

He is not deserving of this list.

The bottom line is we do not have enough talent to win in this league.

His play did not impress me as much as it must have you in week 1. 1 fumble and the lateral play.  Not good.

31705[/snapback]

Also make all the excuses you want. You actually made my point. Look at the guys throwing the ball to him. Not good. Look at the line. Was that next? Or look at the fact that we do not have a quality 2nd WR. Was that coming up. What are you saying.. We lack talent??

His play did not impress me as much as it must have you in week 1. 1 fumble and the lateral play.  Not good.

31705[/snapback]

Because he had a fumble in a game he's not deserving of some list? Then TO shouldn't be on any list, the guy fumbles and drops more balls than any WR in football.

As for your second post, it makes aboslutely no sense. I was talking about QBs in the PAST, it had nothing to do with the current team...I didn't mention any other position on the field...you did. This team has plenty of talent, which is why you'll see a healthy Eric Moulds put up great numbers...just like he did 2 years ago and just like he did in the first 5 weeks last year.