Don't blame our defense 100%

Frez

You can play the cause-and-effect game and redistribute blame until you're blue in the face...

But if the D is going to wilt that easily when the offense isn't playing well - it's going to be a LONG year. It's not as if they were shutting 'em down for 3 qtr's and wore down in the 4th.

You can play the cause-and-effect game and redistribute blame until you're blue in the face...

But if the D is going to wilt that easily when the offense isn't playing well - it's going to be a LONG year.  It's not as if they were shutting 'em down for 3 qtr's and wore down in the 4th.

445550[/snapback]

Seriously do you consider 19 points in Tampa wilting?

The defense played hard, but they did not get TB off the field.

Sure our young QB went 3 and out a lot. That does not mean that our defense can't force the issue the other way, and get Tampa to go three and out.

Our defense got mauled and gashed by Tampa's offensive line, and the running of Williams. Tampa's Clayton made clutch third down grabs to keep their drives alive, so they could run it down our throats some more.

I'd love to put all the blame on our rookie QB, but that just isn't right. We knew going into the season that we would have to rely on our defense and special teams to keep us in the game, and the game I watched today looked way too much like our playoff game against the Steelers, where they mauled us at the line of scrimage, ran the ball, and controlled the game.

Williams is a special player, but we are supposed to have one of those on our side of the field as well. C'mon Willis live up to the hype!

Actually it was only 17 points....I'm damn proud of the effort our D put out....

445608[/snapback]

Yeah, getting mauled for 180+ rushing yards is a performance to be proud of. I haven't heard any comments from the players yet, but I'd bet that nobody on the D is "happy" or "proud" of their effort.

Now, don't read this to mean I blame the D. They played much better than the O, but this is a team game and the D should shoulder some of the blame.