Am I the only one who would like to see Gray

stevestojan

I mean, I dont know if it made any difference at all, but maybe, instead of him sitting in his luxury box, if Jerry Gray could come down and give a pep talk, or maybe even just drill over and over "just knock the ball down".... I dont know. Im not blaming it on him, as coverages seemed good, we just got beat on them - but I would like to see him on the sidelines, yelling at some people, slapping some asses after good plays, etc.

And, a side question. How does he call the plays down? Does he relay them to someone else who then relays them to Spikes? Or does Takeo have an ear piece in where he can hear Gray through directly?

I mean, I dont know if it made any difference at all, but maybe, instead of him sitting in his luxury box, if Jerry Gray could come down and give a pep talk, or maybe even just drill over and over "just knock the ball down".... I dont know. Im not blaming it on him, as coverages seemed good, we just got beat on them - but I would like to see him on the sidelines, yelling at some people, slapping some asses after good plays, etc.

And, a side question. How does he call the plays down? Does he relay them to someone else who then relays them to Spikes? Or does Takeo have an ear piece in where he can hear Gray through directly?

31316[/snapback]

Yeah. The defense sucked. 13 points. Let's tweak that.

Steve I thought about that too - if Gray was on the sideline he could have reminded the DB's at the end to just knock down the ball - or not.  Overall, though, he's better off upstairs where he can see the entire play,  Where he's the most comfortable is where he should be and that's upstairs.

31930[/snapback]

That's what the DB coach is on the sideline for....

No - he should be in the booth where he can actually see what's happening on the field.

Not sure where Clements was, but he should be up there too- with Wyche on the sideline.

31316[/snapback]

Steve I thought about that too - if Gray was on the sideline he could have reminded the DB's at the end to just knock down the ball - or not.  Overall, though, he's better off upstairs where he can see the entire play,  Where he's the most comfortable is where he should be and that's upstairs.

31930[/snapback]

I think the defensive backs coach could've told the guys to knock the ball down. They're coaches, too, you know.

31316[/snapback]

I would like to see him on the sidelines also but if it works best for him in the both he should remain there.

I like seeing the coaches interacting with the players and not isolating themselves. Who knows maybe a veteran player might see something in the game that the coach missed.