Official Gameday thread

Fezmid

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me Holcomb WAS a starting QB last year and would have started for the Browns this year if they hadn't of pissed him off.  To those slamming the idea -- you're defending something that led directly to 9 points for Tampa Bay.  Losman is a newbie.  Holcomb a seasoned veteran.  With the Bills backed up to the 1-yard line on the road against a top-notch defense, I'd rather have experience out there than a young kid who's been off all game to that point.  But hey, I guess I thought the idea was playoffs this year, not needlessly risking games for sake of seasoning our young QB.  I'm not calling for a QB controversy, we just should have given JP a breather and calmed him down a little rather than needlessly feeding him to the wolves.

444808[/snapback]

Dude. Listen. If you take JP out of tough situations how is he going to learn? That is just ridiculous.

Around the league:

JAX 0 IND 0 at halftime - no way.

Feast or famine for the Colts, I guess. Who'd'uve thought after last year they'd be bad on O? Stuff like this has me not SO much sweating that our O isn't exactly lighting it up yet.

TEN 13 BAL 0

444804[/snapback]

Hey! Baltimore's supposed to win the Super Bowl, don't you know? Someone needs to inform the Titans that they need to lose.

2004 Buffalo Bills

Record: 9 - 7 - 0

| 1 | Jacksonville Jaguars | L | 10-13 |

| 2 | at Oakland Raiders | L | 10-13 |

| 3 | BYE WEEK |

| 4 | New England Patriots | L | 17-31 |

| 5 | at New York Jets | L | 14-16 |

| 6 | Miami Dolphins | W | 20-13 |

| 7 | at Baltimore Ravens | L | 6-20 |

| 8 | Arizona Cardinals | W | 38-14 |

| 9 | New York Jets | W | 22-17 |

| 10 | at New England Patriots | L | 6-29 |

| 11 | St. Louis Rams | W | 37-17 |

| 12 | at Seattle Seahawks | W | 38- 9 |

| 13 | at Miami Dolphins | W | 42-32 |

| 14 | Cleveland Browns | W | 37- 7 |

| 15 | at Cincinnati Bengals | W | 33-17 |

| 16 | at San Francisco 49ers | W | 41- 7 |

| 17 | Pittsburgh Steelers | L | 24-29 |

Seems to me Holcomb WAS a starting QB last year and would have started for the Browns this year if they hadn't of pissed him off.  To those slamming the idea -- you're defending something that led directly to 9 points for Tampa Bay.  Losman is a newbie.  Holcomb a seasoned veteran.  With the Bills backed up to the 1-yard line on the road against a top-notch defense, I'd rather have experience out there than a young kid who's been off all game to that point.  But hey, I guess I thought the idea was playoffs this year, not needlessly risking games for sake of seasoning our young QB.  I'm not calling for a QB controversy, we just should have given JP a breather and calmed him down a little rather than needlessly feeding him to the wolves.

444808[/snapback]

He's going to have to learn how to play against teams like this at some point. There's no point in delaying it.

I'm also not sure that Holcomb is a significant upgrade over Losman, and in fact, his lack of mobility might be a major detriment playing behind our OL.

444808[/snapback]

That's a good way to display confidence in your starting QB, take him out in every tough situation.

Defense showing blitz....TIMEOUT QB SWITCH!

3rd and 20....QB SWITCH!

Use your head man.

JP gave up 2 points.  The other 7 were the fault of the defense, plain and simple.

444822[/snapback]

When a defense is on the field 22 minutes in a half you can't hold them at fault for giving up 7. Get the defense off the field and rested and they will shut them down. I blame the 7 on the offense too.