• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing pains...........

it will get better!

I'm surprised our D didn't play a little better.

444989[/snapback]

I'm not. They held 'em down fairly well early on. Few too may first downs, but no points. No time off of the field. The offense (I am really quite sick of saying this) stunk it up and couldn't give the D boys a breather. Recipe for disaster.

I'm a bit worried about the running game this year. Has Willis really hit anything full on?

-Jeff

I'm not that surprised our defense wore down in the heat - no 1st downs from our O till inside the 2 minute warning -22mins on the field. We needed a *liitle* more production from the O to give us a chance. I too thought they should do a couple stop'n'go routes with the way the Bucs were applying press coverage. I know the coaches wanted to protect JP but they should have accounted for the heat factor and taken a few more chances in the 2nd quarter.

Pretty clear to you sitting on your couch watching 3 instant replays at quarter speed.

We need to invest in slow-motion zoom goggles for Malarky so he can make better challenges!

444969[/snapback]

Oh please. Malarkey had a snow balls chance in hell on that one. On the first replay it was clear his knee wasn't an issue.

Postmortem:

Caddy's pretty good - tough to bring down. He'll have a few more 100+ yard games this year, and in years to come.

Good playcalling by Muir; all the early dink-and-dunk West Coast bull$%^ to the RBs got the ball out of Griese's hands quick and spread out the D sideline to sideline. That, combined with the complete inability of the Bills O to get so much as a first down before the two-minute drill at the end of the first half, helped empty the gas tank. Losing Fletcher was the last straw...

Said it during training camp and preseason; no reason to quit now - if Greg Jerman has to play for any length of time, we are in deep, deep trouble.

Worst-case scenario for JP's first road start. The haters will be out in full force after this one... but as upset as we are about his performance, I guarantee we're not as upset as HE is. If he's the kind of guy I think he is, he uses this as a learning experience.

Now for the upside: non-conference game, and New England is losing too. If Carolina holds on, and if the Jests can get by Miami, there's a 4-way tie in the AFC East... and another game to play next weekend.

Postmortem:

Caddy's pretty good - tough to bring down. He'll have a few more 100+ yard games this year, and in years to come.

Good playcalling by Muir; all the early dink-and-dunk West Coast bull$%^ to the RBs got the ball out of Griese's hands quick and spread out the D sideline to sideline. That, combined with the complete inability of the Bills O to get so much as a first down before the two-minute drill at the end of the first half, helped empty the gas tank. Losing Fletcher was the last straw...

Said it during training camp and preseason; no reason to quit now - if Greg Jerman has to play for any length of time, we are in deep, deep trouble.

Worst-case scenario for JP's first road start. The haters will be out in full force after this one... but as upset as we are about his performance, I guarantee we're not as upset as HE is. If he's the kind of guy I think he is, he uses this as a learning experience.

Now for the upside: non-conference game, and New England is losing too. If Carolina holds on, and if the Jests can get by Miami, there's a 4-way tie in the AFC East... and another game to play next weekend.

445032[/snapback]

You know I have been a detractor of JP all off season, but I don't blame him one bit for this. The coaching was horrible. Both sides of the ball, ST's etc... MM, is further in my doghouse after this.

PS.... He should go apologize to Reed, because he is JP's best receiver right now.

You know I have been a detractor of JP all off season, but I don't blame him one bit for this.  The coaching was horrible.  Both sides of the ball, ST's etc...  MM, is further in my doghouse after this.

PS....  He should go apologize to Reed, because he is JP's best receiver right now.

445043[/snapback]

I wouldn't excuse Losman, just as I won't excuse any of the other starting players. No one looked good today, and no one is exempt from blame, just as no one was exempt from praise last week.

I wouldn't excuse Losman, just as I won't excuse any of the other starting players. No one looked good today, and no one is exempt from blame, just as no one was exempt from praise last week.

445051[/snapback]

Reed played great. Wide open and catching the ball all day. :doh: