Up Yours Boomer

kasper13

I dont undestand some of the talking heads sometimes . Lets look at this rationally . 1st its their season opener thats a plus for Tampa now let go to units .My humble opinion Buffalo Defense wins that one;I can even go for a draw if a Bucs fan can talk rationally about the Bucs defense. O-line remember how we complained all pre season about our O-line well lets look at the Bucs for a second ; L.T. 2nd career start, L.G. 2nd career start, Center 9-games(8 last year and 1 game this year) R.G. 2nd season R.T. remember Kenyatta walker we traded down from to Nate Clements 4-5 seasons moved from L.T. to R.T because he couldnt cut it.........complicated Bills defense ........priceless.............Now the Bucs feel they have an advantage ONLY because of Losman ......thats cool but as a Bills fan does anyone fear Brian Greise I dont think so. Everything Starts and End with the O-line and thats the reason I like the Bills to win comfortably. If there a Bucs fan out there please state your case. :devil:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the (annoying) minority around here - I think this game is near-impossible to win.  I'm predicting 17-6 Bucs - I just don't see us moving the ball.

443834[/snapback]

i can't understand statements like this. there's no requirement that you predict a bills' win, and there are certainly a lot of factors that could go against buffalo tomorrow, but really -- "near-impossible???" that's asinine.

no game in the NFL is "near-impossible" any more.

exhibit A: the 49ers beat the rams last weekend.

exhibit B: the dolphins beat the broncos.

the bills are 10-3 in their last 13 games. get a grip, coach. the spread is 2.5 in vegas -- it's one of the most difficult games to predict this week. hardly the stuff of "near-impossibility."

you need to lighten up with the gloom-and-doom mentality.

you need to lighten up with the gloom-and-doom mentality.

443881[/snapback]

I'm usually an optimist. Anyone who predicts a Bills loss (this is the first one I've predicted in awhile) gets blasted around here, and I think for good reason - we're a fan message board, need to get each other pumped up for the game, etc. Been a fan a long time, and it's really been awhile since I've seen this team win a game like this - tough defense, loud road crowd, etc. And, I'll tell you, I think our D is where we struggle in this one - Gruden is a master at taking advantage of over-aggressive linebackers - his offense is designed specifically to attack defenses like ours, by making our linebackers worry about formations and pass coverage which will in turn open up the running game. If the Bucs score a couple TDs before halftime, we'll be forced to throw, and that ain't good. If our D can keep it close at the half, it's a different story. Anyhow, I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as a really, really tough game.

I'm usually an optimist.  Anyone who predicts a Bills loss (this is the first one I've predicted in awhile) gets blasted around here, and I think for good reason - we're a fan message board, need to get each other pumped up for the game, etc.  Been a fan a long time, and it's really been awhile since I've seen this team win a game like this - tough defense, loud road crowd, etc.  And, I'll tell you, I think our D is where we struggle in this one - Gruden is a master at taking advantage of over-aggressive linebackers - his offense is designed specifically to attack defenses like ours, by making our linebackers worry about formations and pass coverage which will in turn open up the running game.  If the Bucs score a couple TDs before halftime, we'll be forced to throw, and that ain't good.  If our D can keep it close at the half, it's a different story.  Anyhow, I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as a really, really tough game.

443887[/snapback]

You still didnt adress the O-line situation there Who care what you can scheme you have to have the players to execute I'll take my chances with my O-line against the Bucs as opposed to their O-line against the Bills

And, I'll tell you, I think our D is where we struggle in this one - Gruden is a master at taking advantage of over-aggressive linebackers - his offense is designed specifically to attack defenses like ours, by making our linebackers worry about formations and pass coverage which will in turn open up the running game.  If the Bucs score a couple TDs before halftime, we'll be forced to throw, and that ain't good.

443887[/snapback]

I would agree that this is going to be a loss for us if the Buc's had even a adequete offence. They don't. We are at least thier equal defensively and, imho opinion, superior offensivley. We have more weapons by far with JP still the wild card. Will he perform or wont he? I think he will. Bills win by 4

I'm usually an optimist.  Anyone who predicts a Bills loss (this is the first one I've predicted in awhile) gets blasted around here, and I think for good reason - we're a fan message board, need to get each other pumped up for the game, etc.  Been a fan a long time, and it's really been awhile since I've seen this team win a game like this - tough defense, loud road crowd, etc.  And, I'll tell you, I think our D is where we struggle in this one - Gruden is a master at taking advantage of over-aggressive linebackers - his offense is designed specifically to attack defenses like ours, by making our linebackers worry about formations and pass coverage which will in turn open up the running game.  If the Bucs score a couple TDs before halftime, we'll be forced to throw, and that ain't good.  If our D can keep it close at the half, it's a different story.  Anyhow, I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as a really, really tough game.

443887[/snapback]

i wish you had posted this instead of calling it a "near-impossible" game for buffalo to win. other than the "bills win 35-0" idiots who always predict a buffalo rout, i think EVERYONE expects a tough game and your points are valid.

personally, i think the bills' D is smart enough to overcome gruden's schemes, and tampa won't score more than 2 offensive TDs (unless they're starting drives deep in buffalo territory).

the key (as i posted in another thread) is the buffalo running game. 35+ carries between mcgahee and gates/williams (assuming no great disparity in the TO battle), and buffalo wins.

i wish you had posted this instead of calling it a "near-impossible" game for buffalo to win.  other than the "bills win 35-0" idiots who always predict a buffalo rout, i think EVERYONE expects a tough game and your points are valid.

personally, i think the bills' D is smart enough to overcome gruden's schemes, and tampa won't score more than 2 offensive TDs (unless they're starting drives deep in buffalo territory).

the key (as i posted in another thread) is the buffalo running game.  35+ carries between mcgahee and gates/williams (assuming no great disparity in the TO battle), and buffalo wins.

443895[/snapback]

I agree with what you've said - but I ask, when is the last time the Bills beat a top-5 defense on the road? I think you'll have to go back to Flutie's TD pass to Jonathan Linton in Baltimore. That's why I said "near-impossible." I'd LOVE for this game to be a reversal of that trend.

You still didnt adress the O-line situation there Who care what you can scheme you have to have the players to execute I'll take my chances with my O-line against the Bucs as opposed to their O-line against the Bills

443893[/snapback]

Really? Perhaps you didn't notice what the Bucs D-line did to Minnesota's O-line last week. MacFarland was unblockable (granted, Minn was missing Birk); Spires and Rice are extremely quick off the ball and often win their matchups. I'm not so sure I'd pick our O-line in this one if someone put a gun to my head...

I agree with what you've said - but I ask, when is the last time the Bills beat a top-5 defense on the road?  I think you'll have to go back to Flutie's TD pass to Jonathan Linton in Baltimore.  That's why I said "near-impossible."  I'd LOVE for this game to be a reversal of that trend.

443896[/snapback]

So what you're saying is the last time the Bills beat a top 5 D on the road, Drew Bledsoe wasn't the quarterback.

So why does that bode ill for our chances tomorrow?

Really?  Perhaps you didn't notice what the Bucs D-line did to Minnesota's O-line last week.  MacFarland was unblockable (granted, Minn was missing Birk); Spires and Rice are extremely quick off the ball and often win their matchups.  I'm not so sure I'd pick our O-line in this one if someone put a gun to my head...

443897[/snapback]

I sure wouldn't pick their O-line against our Defense thats is my point you are not addressing the Bucs O-line at all ..............I find that funny because their O-line is far worst off than ours ever could be

I agree with what you've said - but I ask, when is the last time the Bills beat a top-5 defense on the road?  I think you'll have to go back to Flutie's TD pass to Jonathan Linton in Baltimore.  That's why I said "near-impossible."  I'd LOVE for this game to be a reversal of that trend.

443896[/snapback]

when was the last time the bills had a true "stud" RB and a mobile QB when facing a top 5 defense on the road?

see, we can play this game all day. this is a buffalo offense unlike any of the last several years, and results against tough road defenses of the past are not all that relevant.

Week two.

I predict a close game where in the last moments when all is lost on a fourth and forever, JP looks over to his girl next door cheerleader buddy, and avoids all 37 rushers, throws the 72 yard perfectly thrown pass to the deaf and blind guy who for some reason is not covered, and the Bills win.

I understand why this game is being called a tough one to win for us, on the road, against a good D, yah JP is still green, but why doesnt mention the fits our D is gonna give Tampa's O? Theirs isnt the greatest, albeit its getting better, like ours, and their o-line may be worse than ours...

I think 1 key to the Bills win tho is McGee MUST have a good day against joey galloway...and before half the board says hes washed up, he didnt to too shabby last week against the vikes (led the team with 5-97) and he was matched up against either Smoot or Winfield...

You guys have gotten predictable;

Someone picks the Bills - They're a genius and a brilliant sportscaster

Someone picks against the Bills - Teeth gnashing and insults ensue.

443960[/snapback]

You're learning.... :devil: