I love it that no one's talking about us!

envirojeff

There's a sports radio "personality" here in SA that absolutely hates JP and doesn't even mention the Bills in his list of top 5-6 defenses. One day he had on a writer (from SI I think but it wasn't Dr. Z) and asked him, "Don't you think JP Losman will be a problem for the Bills?" and the writer didn't hear him right and said yes, I think he will cause problems for opposing defenses with his cannon and mobility out of the pocket." The radio guy was pissed. It was hilarious.

There's a sports radio "personality" here in SA that absolutely hates JP and doesn't even mention the Bills in his list of top 5-6 defenses.  One day he had on a writer (from SI I think but it wasn't Dr. Z) and asked him, "Don't you think JP Losman will be a problem for the Bills?" and the writer didn't hear him right and said yes, I think he will cause problems for opposing defenses with his cannon and mobility out of the pocket."  The radio guy was pissed.  It was hilarious.

443586[/snapback]

Sweet!! Probably a Cowboys fan.

There's a sports radio "personality" here in SA that absolutely hates JP and doesn't even mention the Bills in his list of top 5-6 defenses.  One day he had on a writer (from SI I think but it wasn't Dr. Z) and asked him, "Don't you think JP Losman will be a problem for the Bills?" and the writer didn't hear him right and said yes, I think he will cause problems for opposing defenses with his cannon and mobility out of the pocket."  The radio guy was pissed.  It was hilarious.

443586[/snapback]

What personality? I absolutely hate the sports radio talk show guys here...by far the biggest homers i have ever heard, and i have lived in many many states and areas with sports teams.

Although they will next week!

Jeff

442334[/snapback]

I am glad you noticed it too - I was wondering if I was the only one....they are never mentioned in any of the big name NFL writers columns, and on the Sunday wrap-up shows they were basically the last highlights shown - no mention anywhere

you would think, having a potential top-3 defense a 3rd year in a row would warrant mentioning - its amazing

you can bet coaches and players know what the deal is - the D is relentless....TKO or Fletcher may actually kill someone on the field before the year is out

Marino must still hold a grudge for us beating him in every important game from the time Kelly arrived until he left. He must have told HBO that there will be no Bills highlights on Inside The NFL. I can't wait until Super Bowl week when if they continue to ignore us, they'll have an hour of NFC highlights & will be picking the NFC team to lose without mentioning who will beat them in the pick segment. ;)

Although they will next week!

Jeff

442334[/snapback]

you are seriously right. the less attention the better. if we could somehow go 16-0 with zero media attention i would select that option in a heartbeat. hopefully this week's vicory will be pedestrian enough that no one will notice again!!

Marino must still hold a grudge  for us beating him in every important game from the time Kelly arrived until he left.  He must have told HBO that there will be no Bills highlights on Inside The NFL.  I can't wait until Super Bowl week when if they continue to ignore us, they'll have an hour of NFC highlights & will be picking the NFC team to lose without mentioning who will beat them in the pick segment.  :devil:

443678[/snapback]

The cancer man is finally revealed !

443586[/snapback]

I don't think we've had the entire truth on this matter, but obvously JP got a rap as an arrogant, untrustworty kid. We've heard "quotes" from "anynomous NFL scouts" that impuned his character before, during and after the Draft. I think it all boils down to this:

THE Reason JP is HATED in some parts

"1999: Redshirted due to NCAA transfer regulations, but did not lose a year of eligibility. Graduated early from high school and spent the Spring 1999 semester at UCLA before opting for Tulane.

HIGH SCHOOL: A 1999 graduate of Venice High School in Venice, Calif., where he lettered for three years in football. Earned Parade All-America honors and was rated the No. 3 quarterback in the nation by PrepStar Magazine. Also a member of the Dallas Morning News National 100."

In a scene reminescent of Draft Day in Jerry McGwire, he obviously broke some golden boys' hearts out there on the Wrong Coast when he jap'ed out on UCLA. Probably took a lot of booster cash and prizes from 'em in the process.

I get a big chubb just thinking about it.

Hey UCLA and your boosters, :fyou!:

:devil:

What personality? I absolutely hate the sports radio talk show guys here...by far the biggest homers i have ever heard, and i have lived in many many states and areas with sports teams.

443639[/snapback]

I think it was either "Bexler" or Passacreda on the afternoon drive-home show on Ticket 760. Yesterday they made their stone cold locks for the weekend where each guy picks only 3 games. The one tool picks the Bucs over the Bills so I had to call in and set him straight.