John Clayton's 1st and 10 take on Bills vs. Bucs

BillsObserver

i don't see any problems with that assement, especially thier d v our o

As per his column "1st and 10" on espn.com

2. Buffalo Bills at Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Scouting report

Figure this one to be a low-scoring game. The Bills have a great defense and a young quarterback, J.P. Losman. The Bucs frustrated Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper last week. Losman is years way from being in Culpepper's league, even though he has the talent to do it. The Bucs will cause different problems for the Bills than they did the Vikings. The Bucs pressured Culpepper with rushes and stunts in the middle of the line. This will be the first big test for Bills left tackle Mike Gandy. He draws Bucs defensive end Simeon Rice. If Gandy isn't up to the challenge, this could be a three sack game for Rice and cause serious problems for Losman. Bills coach Mike Mularky will try to protect Losman by running the ball with Willis McGahee, but it's important the Bills have the lead in the second half. If Losman has to drop back and bring the team from behind, he could be in trouble.

Not much more than what's been discussed on here.

That Gandy v. Rice battle does scare me a bit. Did you see what Rice did on their splash page? hehe. Seriously, I hope Gandy holds his own.

He forgot to mention that the Vikings are overrated on offense but the Bucs deserve their props considering they did take on a more potent offense than we did. Unless our D was just THAT darn good.

Clayton has always had weird takes on Bills games and players. In the middle of last season he insisted that Travis Henry was still the better running back and would return as the starter on WGR.

442223[/snapback]

I've heard this said over and over: "the Vikings have a lack of a running game." I don't think that's true. In fact, I'm willing to bet they either were in the top 5 or led the league in rushing yards last year w/their same line and same running backs. I believe they have a great running attack--how much of their success running the ball depended on having the threat of Moss...well, that's another matter.

442281[/snapback]

One difference....they had a all-world WR in Randy Moss who had to be

accounted for by the defense...they had to double and triple team him

leaving the likes of Nate Burleson in single coverage and enough room

for the Mewalde Moores and Michael Bennetts to run for enough yards.....

Guest BackInDaDay
The guy hangs out in some Starbucks in Seattle, dosen't know his a** from the 20 yard line and even if the BILLS went 101-0 and were undefeated for the next 25 years he would have some inane comment to make. :(

442521[/snapback]

Marv ever return those hedge clippers? :(

Figure this one to be a low-scoring game... blah blah blah... If Losman has to drop back and bring the team from behind, he could be in trouble.

442223[/snapback]

Way to go out on a limb there, Clayton, oh Master Of The Obvious. You auditioning to replace Madden?