NFL Ticket Shortcut games

Justice

The price for the Superfan is only $49 now if you were a tiket subscriber last year. Also, if you have been a D* customer for at least a yr, just call abd ask for $60.00 worth of credits to cover the cost of the package. 90% of the time should be no problem.

I think the shortcuts are great. What surprised me was they are in hi-def, which was cool.  Basically, I think each week i will watch the AFC east games, as well as the upcoming opponant. Much easier than TIVOing and hitting the 30 second skip 100 times.

441270[/snapback]

Yes, you can easily get it for free if you call and ask. Call the Customer Retention number -- (800) 600-8977 -- you'll get further that way.

While you're at it, you can get a High-Def TiVo (DVR) for $299 (and then get a $100 mail in rebate) if you ask as well.

CW

It almost goes too quick, and no replay's. You really need to tape it and watch it at your own speed. But it is really really cool. Saw the entire Bills game again in 1/2 an hour. Every play.

440089[/snapback]

Now how can you see EVERY play in just ½ hour when an NFL game has (4) 15 minute quarters totaling 60 minutes of play ?

Enquiring minds wanna know ?

If it's in just ½ hour, you gotta be missing half the game ...

0:)

Now how can you see EVERY play in just ½ hour when an NFL game has (4) 15 minute quarters totaling 60 minutes of play ?

Enquiring minds wanna know ?

If it's in just ½ hour, you gotta be missing half the game ...

0:)

441284[/snapback]

The clock runs after a completed pass or run play, when the teams are huddling. That all gets cut.

It's pretty amazing how much "wasted" time there is in an NFL game when you watch the Shortcuts...

CW

This is one of the best inovations in some time.  With the NFL channel, Directv Sunday Ticket, and the Superfan, I am happy as a pig in you know what.

If only Empire were still around.

441361[/snapback]

Just a word of caution to every Superfan subcriber. This weeks games were free so you got the HD, shortcuts etc. However, I would double check your invoices to make sure you were charged for superfan and it is turned on. Checked my invoice this morning online, and no superfan. Called and it was never turned on. Glad I caught it as I would hate next week to tune into the Falcons game and no HD!!!!

This was a new product for them and I think they ran into some snafus in the ordering process

Yes, you can easily get it for free if you call and ask.  Call the Customer Retention number -- (800) 600-8977 -- you'll get further that way.

While you're at it, you can get a High-Def TiVo (DVR) for $299 (and then get a $100 mail in rebate) if you ask as well.

CW

441276[/snapback]

It wasn't easy for me. I called and they told me it was $99 (the $49 dollar promotion ended in August) and offered me a $60 credit. It would be GREAT for free, but I don't want to pay $40 just for the shortcuts. Fezmid, will you call for me 0:)

Nick,

You might be able to get NFL games after all in europe except in the United Kingdom...snippet from ESPN NFL. I am not sure why the UK got excluded.

Thursday roundup page:

ESPN Thursday Roundup

Euro TV network signs NFL deal

A European television network acquired rights to broadcast NFL games across much of the continent.

The North American Sports Network reached a four-year deal for exclusive NFL rights in 17 countries and shared rights in four others. The agreement begins this season and runs through 2008-09.

In most markets, NASN has the rights to broadcast at least six regular-season games a week, four of them live. The network will show 10 playoff games, the Super Bowl, the Pro Bowl and NFL Europe's championship game. NASN also plans to broadcast at least one hour daily of programming from the NFL Network.

The deal includes Austria, Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Switzerland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Slovakia.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

It wasn't easy for me. I called and they told me it was $99 (the $49 dollar promotion ended in August) and offered me a $60 credit. It would be GREAT for free, but I don't want to pay $40 just for the shortcuts. Fezmid, will you call for me :)

441510[/snapback]

Call back and get a different CSR.

And be polite, not rude! Tell them that you don't have HD (do you?) so you don't think Superfan is worth as much, but you might get one later in the season. That might work...

CW

Call back and get a different CSR.

And be polite, not rude!  Tell them that you don't have HD (do you?) so you don't think Superfan is worth as much, but you might get one later in the season.  That might work...

CW

441690[/snapback]

No that you were insinuating anything, but I am always beyond polite on the phone with folks. I find they are much more likely to be nice to me when I am respectful and even jovial with them.

That said, even before you replied, I called back and got a different CSR. She read my notes from the morning call and asked what was up. I explained that I really didn't want to pay for the pack since I didn't had HD. She said she could help me out.

She disappeared for a few minutes, came back and said your all set. I gave you the superFan for $99. It will hit in two charges of 49.50, but she gave me a 49.50 credit on my next two bills. She ALSO gave me 12 months of credits for $5 a month for being a good customer! :)

Final result. Superfan free, $60 in additional credits.

YEAH!!!

No that you were insinuating anything, but I am always beyond polite on the phone with folks. I find they are much more likely to be nice to me when I am respectful and even jovial with them.

That said, even before you replied, I called back and got a different CSR. She read my notes from the morning call and asked what was up. I explained that I really didn't want to pay for the pack since I didn't had HD. She said she could help me out.

She disappeared for a few minutes, came back and said your all set. I gave you the superFan for $99. It will hit in two charges of 49.50, but she gave me a 49.50 credit on my next two bills. She ALSO gave me 12 months of credits for $5 a month for being a good customer! :)

Final result. Superfan free, $60 in additional credits.

YEAH!!!

441811[/snapback]

Good deal! :rolleyes:

And sorry, I wasn't implying you were being rude - just a general comment since a lot of people demand stuff instead of ask. You always ask first (and then demand afterwards :rolleyes: ).

So, how many cable subscribers have gotten credits on their account like this...? :)

CW

It almost goes too quick, and no replay's. You really need to tape it and watch it at your own speed. But it is really really cool. Saw the entire Bills game again in 1/2 an hour. Every play.

440089[/snapback]

I agree. It goes almost too fast. The only replays they show are TD's and maybe the disputed-call replays (don't remember for sure). You don't really get crowd reaction either.

I agree.  It goes almost too fast.  The only replays they show are TD's and maybe the disputed-call replays (don't remember for sure).  You don't really get crowd reaction either.

442103[/snapback]

they also replay turnovers...cant recall if they replayed the sacks also or not, but definitely turnovers and touchdowns.

Nick,

You might be able to get NFL games after all in europe except in the United Kingdom...snippet from ESPN NFL. I am not sure why the UK got excluded.

Thursday roundup page:

ESPN Thursday Roundup

Euro TV network signs NFL deal

A European television network acquired rights to broadcast NFL games across much of the continent.

The North American Sports Network reached a four-year deal for exclusive NFL rights in 17 countries and shared rights in four others. The agreement begins this season and runs through 2008-09.

In most markets, NASN has the rights to broadcast at least six regular-season games a week, four of them live. The network will show 10 playoff games, the Super Bowl, the Pro Bowl and NFL Europe's championship game. NASN also plans to broadcast at least one hour daily of programming from the NFL Network.

The deal includes Austria, Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Switzerland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Slovakia.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

441649[/snapback]

NASN is a great channel - but due to the competition for NFL rights in the UK NASN is not permitted to show any NFL live or as-live at this time in the UK.

I'll look into getting a dodgy connection to NASN Europe - but NASN UK isn't going to show NFL this year :blush:

maybe next year