KC's Larry Johnson Arrested

Thailog80

"he girlfriend told The Kansas City Star, in a story on its Web site, that the police report was wrong and denied that she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she didn't want Johnson arrested, but instead just wanted the incident documented."

that says a lot right there.

"he girlfriend told The Kansas City Star, in a story on its Web site, that the police report was wrong and denied that she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she didn't want Johnson arrested, but instead just wanted the incident documented."

439331[/snapback]

I have a feeling of deja vu.

I have a feeling of deja vu.

439337[/snapback]

i clicked on a link (in this topic :devil: ) that sent me to another thread. i thaught it was about the same thing, and posted there. then i realized it wasnt, and deleted it and reposted here.

i did NOT like the misleading link. :devil:

i clicked on a link (in this topic :devil: ) that sent me to another thread. i thaught it was about the same thing, and posted there. then i realized it wasnt, and deleted it and reposted here.

i did NOT like the misleading link.  :w00t:

439342[/snapback]

:devil:;)

indeed, misleading links are the work of the devil...or Poojer.

439331[/snapback]

What exactly do you think that it tells us?

What exactly do you think that it tells us?

439348[/snapback]

it tells us that it did happen, she was asaulted, but didnt want a big deal out of it. she wanted it reported to police, so if it happens again, there will be a history of it.

if she said it wasnt like that, that would be diffrent. but she wanted it reported.

No.

439387[/snapback]

well, then i completly disagree.

of all the nfl players, former players, coaches... you may hear of a few people that have commited violent acts. those few are well known names, so it makes the news.

everyday people do WAY move violent acts, but they dont get on sports center, they get on COPS.

well, then i completly disagree.

of all the nfl players, former players, coaches... you may hear of a few people that have commited violent acts. those few are well known names, so it makes the news.

everyday people do WAY move violent acts, but they dont get on sports center, they get on COPS.

439392[/snapback]

OK - We have different opinions. I'm not unwlling to change my mind, ch19079, but the COPS show searches wide and far to get incidents so they can sell a show that will get a viewership to a network so they can make advertising bucks.

OK - We have different opinions. I'm not unwlling to change my mind, ch19079, but the COPS show searches wide and far to get incidents so they can sell a show that will get a viewership to a network so they can make advertising bucks.

439404[/snapback]

the COPS thing aside, i think your point is that football is a violent job, and results in the players being more inclined to become violent when not on the field.

i do think foot ball is a violent job, but that most people make a seperation between what is acceptable in society and what is not. putting a hard hit on a WR is acceptable on the field, but would not be if done to some guy you jsut saw on the street. i also think that in these cases of violence agenst women, that football plays a very little role in. if anything him being a "star" leads to that more than football.

i just think some people tend to be violent and others dont. and what they do for a living doenst make one in to the other. (with the exception of military)

the COPS thing aside, i think your point is that football is a violent job, and results in the players being more inclined to become violent when not on the field.

i do think foot ball is a violent job, but that most people make a seperation between what is acceptable in society and what is not. putting a hard hit on a WR is acceptable on the field, but would not be if done to some guy you jsut saw on the street. i also think that in these cases of violence agenst women, that football plays a very little role in. if anything him being a "star" leads to that more than football.

i just think some people tend to be violent and others dont. and what they do for a living doenst make one in to the other. (with the exception of military)

439418[/snapback]

Perhaps. But you cannot on one hand say that military training (of a relatively short duration for most soldiers) is comparable to the grade-high-college-pros training of a football player. Quite a temporal difference.

What one does for a living does matter. It settles into the bones as normalcy. Nuns are charitable, but a commodities trader gives not a whit if his or her actions wipes someone else into bankrupcy, just that he gets more $$$.

Perhaps. But you cannot on one hand say that military training (of a relatively short duration for most soldiers) is comparable to the grade-high-college-pros training of a football player. Quite a temporal difference.

What one does for a living does matter. It settles into the bones as normalcy. Nuns are charitable, but a commodities trader gives not a whit  if his or her actions wipes someone else into bankrupcy, just that he gets more $$$.

439424[/snapback]

I agree with you cincy, and would go one step further. As much as I love football, it bugs me that it tends to bring out the worst in a certain kind of fan as well as in the writers and journalists who cover it. The tendency toward chest-thumping, toward denigration of opponents, the kind of nasty behavior discussed in the thread about stadium neighbors, all reflect a coarsening of humanity that accompanies much of the game. Part of it is the inevitable response of humans to a spectacle of violence and aggression that quickens the pulse, but part of it is also people unable to realize that they are not out on the field tackling people...

Before anyone starts talking about "New age fans" and "kumbaya" and all such nonsense in response, I repeat that I love football, and enjoy good hard hitting as much as the next guy, but I do think it unfortunate that class too often gets crowded out of enjoying the game.

not to take anything away from this great argument, but did anyone catch this:

During training camp, backup quarterback Todd Collins was involved in a melee at a restaurant and bar near River Falls, Wis.

Todd collins, yes, the todd collins was involved in a melee in 1997 too. He should have been arrested, but they don't arrest people with narcolepsy.