John Madden is a moron!!

CJPearl2

Madden is obnoxious - yes. Madden knows his football - yes. Who do you propose that would be an improvement?

438555[/snapback]

He may know football. But the knowledge and insight that comes out of his mouth can be done by a highschooler.

"You see, ah, when you don't make the pass and it's intercepted, well, that's a bad thing."

"He's a good runner because he doesn't get tackled."

I think Madden is far underrated. Everyone gives him a hard time but it's not like you guys are saying brilliant comments watching the TV. He's just like a regular guy watching the game. I like that about him. Who cares if he states the obvious sometimes. There's only so much you can say about a football play.

the most maddening thing about John Madden was that during the game he continuously kept calling things out - and the play was something completely different...

one play - Joey Porter ran an under pattern where all the other recievers appeared at first glance to have cleared out. John starts saying how great a play it was where att the DBs backed off in man-to-man and the LBs were tracking the QB tight to the line Joey Porter was wide open blah blah blah. As he is saying this a reply shows 3 Raider WRs close together on the field and 3 Pats players in a 2 yard vicinity as Porter made a safe, but by no means easy, catch in mild traffic... :doh:

I never liked Madden. Ever since he went into the booth he's been a lap dog for the NFC. It's like he's got an inferiority complex. He ingratiated himself to the legions of NFC (especially NFCE) establishment and fans by providing weekly hummers to the likes of Emmit Smith, Troy Aikmen, Michael Irvin, Joe Gibbs, Dexter Manley, Phil Simms, Bill Parcells, etc., etc., etc. Not to mention the fact that by so doing he was helping to create a new generation of those dolts.

But what really pisses me off about Madden is he NEVER gives the Bills any props at all. He goes out of his way to diss them - even more than any other old AFL team. Once he was asked on camera about how it was watching the great running backs of the NFL. When OJ came up and he was asked if he enjoyed watching OJ run he said something to the effect, "No. I never did enjoy watching him run. Never." Of course, Madden's coaching career and OJ's playing days coincided, but Madden didn't have to defend OJ every week either.

Sold his soul for a bucket of gold. He's got the pig eyes of Satan to prove it. (He and Jimmy Johnson share a pair between them.)

Hey Madden! BOOM! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

They are both morons. When McNabb was hit in the chest, the defensive dude clearly led with his helmet and speared him. A total non-call by the officials, but the idiots in the booth didn't even mention it!

Fools.

"That's what it's all about. Those big fat guys just pushing and sweating. See how they pushed the other guys out? That let (insert name) really do his thing. And running. that's what it's all about. See how (insert name) just ran? He ran right at where the big fat guys were pushing... "

438360[/snapback]

You are just being smug because you had so many winners in the football pool.