I am Sick of Ray Lewis

plenzmd1

Can you post comparative tackle stats for ILB?

437557[/snapback]

Last year, OLB Keith Bullock led the NFL with 152 tackles, one more than LB Donnie Edwards, who plays in a 3-4. The next three guys are all middle LBs...Lewis (147), Zach Thomas (145) and London (144).

But tackles don't tell the whole story, obviously. I love London, but he's not as more valuable than Takeo just because he was credited with more tackles.

And London puts his teamates in a position to look like swiss cheese?

437607[/snapback]

Why does saying one thing have to imply something else? I swear some of the lowers on this board have no comprehension skills. Where in my post does it say anthing about London.

Lewis is a much better LB'er then Fletcher, now that you bring it up.

We seem to forget that Ray Lewis is a murderer. :doh:

437601[/snapback]

And we got OJ on the Wall of Fame.

I think it would be great to one time experience that pre-game huddle Lewis has where he psyches everyone up. Looks like a great way to get pumped

Why does saying one thing have to imply something else?  I swear some of the lowers on this board have no comprehension skills.  Where in my post does it say anthing about London. 

Lewis is a much better LB'er then Fletcher, now that you bring it up.

437614[/snapback]

Alright, alright.

The original point of the thread was the Ray doesn't deserve the BJ's that the national media give him. I fully agree with that. London (if at all worse) certainly does not get anywhere near the national media attention of Ray. Are you telling me that 5 more tackles make him worthy of national worship, where as London can't even seen to get into the pro-bowl?

Think about that

Ray Lewis - 106 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 int

London - 101 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 0 int

Ray Lewis - gets BJ's on TV and worship from everybody and their mother

London - being left out of the pro-bowl every year

We need a smiley where the guy shoots himself in the head.

Alright, alright.

The original point of the thread was the Ray doesn't deserve the BJ's that the national media give him. I fully agree with that. London (if at all worse) certainly does not get anywhere near the national media attention of Ray. Are you telling me that 5 more tackles make him worthy of national worship, where as London can't even seen to get into the pro-bowl?

Think about that

Ray Lewis - 106 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 int

London - 101  tackles, 3.5 sacks, 0 int

Ray Lewis  - gets BJ's on TV and worship from everybody and their mother

London - being left out of the pro-bowl every year

We need a smiley where the guy shoots himself in the head.

437767[/snapback]

Please tell me you're not saying that Fletcher and Lewis are the same caliber player because they have comparable tackle numbers. :doh: Fletcher is a good player(probably slightly above average). Lewis is still a dominant player even with his play slipping slightly over the last couple of years.

ALondon (if at all worse) certainly does not get anywhere near the national media attention of Ray. Are you telling me that 5 more tackles make him worthy of national worship, where as London can't even seen to get into the pro-bowl?

437767[/snapback]

Fletcher is a good player but unlike Lewis, couldn't cover a pass to save his Mom's life.

He reminds me a bit of Jack Lambert - decent ball player, but like Fletch having Spikes 'n Posey helping, Lambert had Jack Ham and Andy Russell. And I've said it several times for a long time - Spikes make the Bflo. D click.

Some LB, on every team ends up getting a 100+ tackles - the 8 -8 B'gals last year had a rookie do that in 10 games filling in for injury...