• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to see the game, but looking at the game stats:

1 sack given up

McGahee rushing for 117 yds

0 turnovers

22 points

Can I safely say that Gandy, Anderson, and Preston held up well against a good Texans D!?

If so, I owe TD a big fat apology for severely doubting his offseason moves on the OL. I'm sorry, TD. Please don't drink my baby's blood!

If so, I owe TD a big fat apology for severely doubting his offseason moves on the OL. I'm sorry, TD. Please don't drink my baby's blood!

436541[/snapback]

Well, it's only 1 game..... :doh:

I think they had the right game plan coming out on the first drive. I'll bet Houston expected a lot of running plays to keep JP from making mistakes, but he was burning them for most of the first quarter. Nice job.

I hope the red zone offense gets some work. This could have been a rout. Other than that, WOO HOO! OK, who has Lindell as their fantasy kicker? But, to be the !@#$ I am - let's see how things look after the first quarter. I think 3-1 is a good number. I'm really impressed with the game plan today, too. Houston was owned from a coaching standpoint.

I didn't get to see the game, but looking at the game stats:

1 sack given up

McGahee rushing for 117 yds

0 turnovers

22 points

Can I safely say that Gandy, Anderson, and Preston held up well against a good Texans D!?

They (whoever started) looked pretty bad in the first half. I venture to guess that JPL outrushed WM in the first half.

I'm not sure if the Texans gave up, our OL wore them down, or what, but they started opening big holes in teh second half. And I mean BIG holes.

I think it's too early to tell at this point - it was a home game - but if they can play avergage, it'll be better than what we've had since the Superbowl days.

CW

They (whoever started) looked pretty bad in the first half.  I venture to guess that JPL outrushed WM in the first half.

436622[/snapback]

What friggin game did you watch? I think you were too busy typing play-by-play in the chat room to pay attention to the O-line. To say they looked pretty bad in the first half is a ridiculous comment especially if you don't know who was even playing. The Texans run-blitzed regularly and when JP went to throw, he usually had time. Did they play great? No, but they played average to good against a defensive scheme designed to stop WM. It opened up in the second half because of the good play calling on MM and TC's part in the first half, not because the o-line all of a sudden became good.

RTB

Uh, Willis had 54 at halftime and JP had about 10.  :doh:

436817[/snapback]

He had -4 to start the 2nd qtr, and 8 with 6:31 left in the 2nd quarter. That's when the OL started making holes and Willis started hitting them.

CW

What friggin game did you watch? I think you were too busy typing play-by-play in the chat room to pay attention to the O-line. To say they looked pretty bad in the first half is  a ridiculous comment especially if you don't know who was even playing. The Texans run-blitzed regularly and when JP went to throw, he usually had time. Did they play great? No, but they played average to good against a defensive scheme designed to stop WM. It opened up in the second half because of the good play calling on MM and TC's part in the first half, not because the o-line all of a sudden became good.

RTB

436676[/snapback]

Why does it matter if I know who is playing? I can tell when there's no holes for WM to run through. Our star back had -4 yards rushing after the first quarter, and 8 yards rushing through the first ~25 minutes of the game. That's most of one half where they didn't do all that great.

But thanks for insulting me. It's greatly appreciated. :doh:

CW

Why does it matter if I know who is playing?  I can tell when there's no holes for WM to run through.  Our star back had -4 yards rushing after the first quarter, and 8 yards rushing through the first ~25 minutes of the game.  That's most of one half where they didn't do all that great.

But thanks for insulting me.  It's greatly appreciated.  :doh:

CW

436833[/snapback]

Can I insult you now? I'd do it anyway, but I really don't care.

Why does it matter if I know who is playing?  I can tell when there's no holes for WM to run through.  Our star back had -4 yards rushing after the first quarter, and 8 yards rushing through the first ~25 minutes of the game.  That's most of one half where they didn't do all that great.

But thanks for insulting me.  It's greatly appreciated.  :doh:

CW

436833[/snapback]

Houston started the game in an 8-man front designed to stop the run at all cost. Nobody was going to run on them in that alignment, even if we had last year's starting 5 Pro Bowl O-linemen lined up for the Bills. When JP threw on that D-alignment, Houston was forced to back off and the Bills run game then opened up. Simple, effective, and the plays the Bills did NOT show in their preseason games. Now we know why.