Worst. Commercial. Ever.

Ralonzo

Nevermind that it's another Patriot ball-washer, but WTF? It's not clever, not funny, and causes me to regard Diet Pepsi as only a slightly more palatable alternative to my own 3-day old piss while trapped on a desert island.

Someone got paid to think of this??? :w00t:

Three-day old piss is actually more hydrating than soda. A program I saw said to pinch your nose as you drink. Caffiene robs your body of water. Whenever I'm working at someone's house and they offer me a Coke, I just ask for an iced tea instead.

But the worst commercial ever is for that back pain medicine with the fat guy who looks like Charlie Weis dancing and singing badly. It's always on as one of the sponsors of Jeopardy. And I always plug my ears and hum 'O Canada!' in tribute to Alex Trebek.

Nevermind that it's another Patriot ball-washer, but WTF? It's not clever, not funny, and causes me to regard Diet Pepsi as only a slightly more palatable alternative to my own 3-day old piss while trapped on a desert island.

Someone got paid to think of this???  :w00t:

436052[/snapback]

Marketing will do that. If it works, this commercial will stay for a long time.

my thoughts exactly. If not, regular Iced Tea has more caffiene than coffee. I use to drink regular Iced Tea to drop weight before football weigh-ins.

436083[/snapback]

Not to quibble the details, but nomally brewed tea has about 1/2 the caffeine than does an equivalent amount of normally brewed coffee. That tea is somehow stronger is one of those long standing myths....

Not to quibble the details, but nomally brewed tea has about 1/2 the caffeine than does an equivalent amount of normally brewed coffee. That tea is somehow stronger is one of those long standing myths....

True. But the original point was that iced tea isn't devoid of caffeine, and while it doesn't have as much, has close to the same amount as coffee. Soft drinks actually have less. Basically it's the sugar in combination with the caffeine that makes sodas poor choices for rehydration.