OT - Reflections of my trip to Buffalo

aussiew

The highs?

The feeling of "coming home" when I reached the Buffalo toll booth on 90; the tall trees, the fresh, cooler air; seeing Niagara Fallas again; the Saturday night party at Danny's; meeting so many delightful wallers; hearing all those WNY accents; drinking Canadian Beer; the chicken wings at Danny's; the tailgate at Hammer's; meeting more great wallers (you all rock); meeting the TBD hotties; the Jerk Chicken from Sidbuff's grill; The Sahlen's hot dog; the feeling of elation and tears of joy when I walked into the stadium again; going three days without hearing a southern accent; eating a chicken finger sub at Johns; seeing my son's face when we revisited his old house and elementary school on Grand Island; him showing me where he kissed his first girl.

The Lows?

Getting a speeding ticket on 90; not getting one chicken wing from CNJBBB; the "no time on the clock" catch; having to leave WNY again.

As long as the "highs" outweigh the "lows", life is good. Thanks for the memories to all my new friends.

it was fun meeting you and your son and his friend { hope he liked being at the game ,his first}and my wife says that you look younger than your picture. how fast where you going ?hope your flight home was smooth are you coming for any other games?

Where did you live on Grand Island, and which school? That's where I was before I became "ExWNYer" many, many moons ago.

30954[/snapback]

I am also from Grand Island "many moons ago." Greenway Road, only a few blocks from Sandy Beach.

Wow - Really close to KRC. I lived on Wallace in Sandy Beach. Matt attended Huth Road Elementary. We were there until January 95.

They said I was going 86. Of course I wouldn't drive that fast. :D It's not my fault that different states have different speed limits. :P

The highs?

The feeling of "coming home" when I reached the Buffalo toll booth on 90; the tall trees, the fresh, cooler air; seeing Niagara Fallas again; the Saturday night party at Danny's; meeting so many delightful wallers; hearing all those WNY accents; drinking Canadian Beer; the chicken wings at Danny's; the tailgate at Hammer's; meeting more great wallers (you all rock); meeting the TBD hotties; the Jerk Chicken from Sidbuff's grill; The Sahlen's hot dog; the feeling of elation and tears of joy when I walked into the stadium again; going three days without hearing a southern accent; eating a chicken finger sub at Johns; seeing my son's face when we revisited his old house and elementary school on Grand Island; him showing me where he kissed his first girl.

The Lows?

Getting a speeding ticket on 90; not getting one chicken wing from CNJBBB; the "no time on the clock" catch; having to leave WNY again.

As long as the "highs" outweigh the "lows", life is good.  Thanks for the memories to all my new friends.

30493[/snapback]

It was great meeting you,Aussie! B)

The highs?

The Lows?

As long as the "highs" outweigh the "lows", life is good.  Thanks for the memories to all my new friends.

30493[/snapback]

It's great reading about how much fun you had in WNY, maybe next year I can join y'all. Don't you think you're being a little hard on the guy from Sidbuff's grill? Jerk Chicken indeed! :huh:

It's great reading about how much fun you had in WNY, maybe next year I can join y'all.  Don't you think you're being a little hard on the guy from Sidbuff's grill?  Jerk Chicken indeed! :angry:

32013[/snapback]

OH so that's why he was in the back row :doh::doh:

I ate a piece :blush::blush: Tastes like chicken :lol::lol: best piece of meat - OH never mind :huh::(

OH so that's why he was in the back row :blush:  :doh:

I ate a piece :angry:  :blush: Tastes like chicken :doh:  :lol: best piece of meat - OH never mind :huh:  :(

32021[/snapback]

You are BAD, which actually is quite good! Has ICE reappeared yet? I haven't seen any posts from him that I can remember. I do recall you mentioning something about ICE in another post. Wonder if you have embarassed him into trolling? :lol: