Game thread

BRH

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think that Brady is going to struggle against good Defenses this year?  I could pick apart the raiders d and i struggle throwing the ball 10 yards.

434404[/snapback]

Well tgreg thinks he's one of the greatest of all time, why don't you ask him? :unsure:

At the very BEST you could say it was a "catch" under the Bert Emanuel rule, i.e. where the receiver has his hands around the ball and is in control even though it touches the ground, but since the ball moved, it's a non-catch.  And it's a stupid rule.  The ball should not be allowed to touch the ground, period.

434402[/snapback]

Because no human could tell the difference on borderline cases; it is a very stupid rule.

Almost as stupid as the "tuck" rule, you know, the one where you can be bring the ball back TO your body and still be considered to be in the act of throwing it forward? :doh:  :unsure:

434409[/snapback]

Or the rule where you can be unconscious lying out of bounds but still be considered to be in possession of the football?

Or the rule where you can catch a pass on fourth down short of the marker AND out of bounds but still be entitled to a first down?

:doh: