Houston Radio

PISSCHUNK

Listening this morning and he said our receivers aren't nothing to worry about but they are concentrating on Willis and J.P.. Sure hope we open up the offense against them although we should be able to run at will.

They were terrible against the Raida's this pre-season.

Late

Listening this morning and he said our receivers aren't nothing to worry about but they are concentrating on Willis and J.P.. Sure hope we open up the offense against them although we should be able to run at will.

Late

433130[/snapback]

Here's to hoping Eric and Lee hear his comments.

Late

433130[/snapback]

Pisschunk.... god, that username gets me everytime. Everytime i see it, I read into it, and it makes me feel pain, gets me nauseous, and makes me laugh every time...

Big words from a guy who's starting for the first time in the NFL.  I'd like to see us blow him up with a couple of screens.

433156[/snapback]

It would be funny as hell to see Moulds just steam role him as Willis jogs by for a TD.

Being a recent ROC transplant here in Houston, don't get the sense that the Texans are giving the Bills any respect. Looking at the Texans offense, I just don't see how they score on our defense.

Bills 24-6!!!

Wearing all my Bills stuff around town proudly.

I like how fans think our preseason doesn't mean anything ("It's only preseason, it's not real!!!"), but preseason exposes weaknesses in other teams. :D

CW

433167[/snapback]

Bro, just stating what I've witnessed down here......never have I commented about the pre-season and where we are. Let's talk in three weeks about the Bills' weaknesses and strengths.

Late

Being a recent ROC transplant here in Houston, don't get the sense that the Texans are giving the Bills any respect.  Looking at the Texans offense, I just don't see how they score on our defense.

Bills 24-6!!!

Wearing all my Bills stuff around town proudly.

433200[/snapback]

The Texans are sadly mistaken if they think they'llb e able to move the ball at all.

Their OL may be shakier than ours is even.

Sadly, until it's proven to be wrong otherwise, keying on McGahee and spying on JP is the way to defend us right now. I say sadly because it's just inherent to having a rookie QB at the helm. Fortunately, it is no different than what teams HAVE been doing, except no one needed to worry about Bledsoe because you could just blow up the middle, kill the run and collapse the pocket. At least now you have to take way "blow up the middle" because that'll just expose the sides to a speedier Losman.

So many people are questioning where the big play/long ball is. Quite honestly, we need to focus on one thing: moving chains, come hell or high water. I don't care how we do it. We just must do it. Inch by inch. Step by step. Spell the D as much as possible in the first quarter of the season, keep three-n-outs to a minimum and do what you can to eek out two wins in the first four.

I hope some of our players read the messages we post on this board...

Something like this will get them psyched up..

433283[/snapback]

I have heard a few do.

Yeah someone's opinion who is a telephone sales rep at GEICO making 30k is going to make me get all hot and bothered when I make 100 times that to play 16 weeks a year. :D

So many people are questioning where the big play/long ball is. Quite honestly, we need to focus on one thing: moving chains, come hell or high water. I don't care how we do it. We just must do it. Inch by inch. Step by step. Spell the D as much as possible in the first quarter of the season, keep three-n-outs to a minimum and do what you can to eek out two wins in the first four.

433254[/snapback]

Strongly disagree...

This team will never be a playoff team without using and successfully executing big plays on offense. Because we aren't grinding out anything with our present offensive line.

I think you play to the team's and player's strengths and abilities. Moulds fits the offensive style you're talking about. However we have Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish on our team. That means we would be surrendering deep play ability when we actually HAVE deep play ability. Why would you want to make life easier for the other team's defenses?

The Patriots are the best team in the league that takes what players do best and uses these talents in game planning against every team on their schedule. I'm hoping that Malarkey will do the same thing for the Bills.

Strongly disagree...

This team will never be a playoff team without using and successfully executing big plays on offense. Because we aren't grinding out anything with our present offensive line.

I think you play to the team's and player's strengths and abilities. Moulds fits the offensive style you're talking about. However we have Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish on our team. That means we would be surrendering deep play ability when we actually HAVE deep play ability. Why would you want to make life easier for the other team's defenses?

The Patriots are the best team in the league that takes what players do best and uses these talents in game planning against every team on their schedule. I'm hoping that Malarkey will do the same thing for the Bills.

433386[/snapback]

No argument from me. Like I mentioned above, I'm looking at the first four games...not the entire season. We need time to get our sea legs, so to speak, and until we do, we need to think in terms of simply moving the chains. The big plays will be there, but until we're good enough to pull them off, leave them to the guys who CAN pull them off: defense and special teams.