it's on now!!

McGrath and Lee are opening with the new ball... Trescothick and Strauss opening for us and it's 7 for none in the 4th over.

Brett Lee has already caused problems with reverse swing, but the batsmen haven't been troubled so far this series by the new ball - we'll get the shine off the ball and let them keep sending it down short and ride out til lunch.

CMON ENGLAND!!!!!!

Bloody Warne just took his 4th wicket. Pietersen gone now 131-4, looking bad for England :D

As for getting cricket - after this Ashes series I can honestly say I think cricket is the finest sport on the planet - it has everything you need.

Take time to learn it - I think you'll be surprised.

Bloody Warne just took his 4th wicket. Pietersen gone now 131-4, looking bad for England :D

As for getting cricket - after this Ashes series I can honestly say I think cricket is the finest sport on the planet - it has everything you need.

433101[/snapback]

First off... if your tem is losing 131 to 4, i think it's time to give it up.

Second, the finest sport because it has "everything you need"? Nick, I had no idea cricket was full contact nor did i know they had scantily clad cheerleaders.

But, if some bills fan from England says it's good, if i ever see it on ESPN4, i'll watch a match.

433101[/snapback]

Tell that to Arthur Dent. :D

First off... if your tem is losing 131 to 4, i think it's time to give it up.

Second, the finest sport because it has "everything you need"? Nick, I had no idea cricket was full contact nor did i know they had scantily clad cheerleaders.

But, if some bills fan from England says it's good, if i ever see it on ESPN4, i'll watch a match.

433108[/snapback]

cheeky arse!! :D

and we're not 'losing' 131-4 :D we have scored 131 and got 4 out... we got 6 outs to go before the ozzies bat... the ozzies right now are 0-0

so we don;t really know when we are losing until Sunday - but it sure don't look good for now.

and cricket has tension, skill, excitement, personal battles, injuries, taunting, tactics, strategies, and more. it doesn't need scantily clad babes to keep it interesting...

dont get me wrong either stojan - Football is my #1 sport - but cricket is in my blood as an Englishman, and it really is a superb sport.

The aim of cricket is simple - score more than the opposition.

Two teams, both with 11 players, take it in turns to bat and bowl.

When one team is batting, they try and score as many runs as they can by hitting the ball around an oval field.

The other team must get them out by bowling the ball overarm at the stumps, which are at either end of a 22-yard area called a wicket.

The bowling team can get the batsmen out by hitting the stumps or catching the ball.

Once the batting team is all out, the teams swap over and they then become the bowling side.

Each time a team bats it is known as their innings. Teams can have one or two innings depending on how long there is to play.

The Ashes Test matches are over five days so England and Australia have two innings each to score as many runs as they can.

Whoever scores the most runs wins. But a cricket match can be drawn too.

That happens when the team bowling last fails to get all the batsmen out. But this is only when there are two innings per team.

If there is one innings, the only way a match can be drawn is if the two teams score the same amount of runs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/c...ics/default.stm