This is a 6-10 Team This Year

BenchBledsoe

After looking over the Bills schedule and watching what looks to be a horrible offensive line in "action," it is unfortunately clear that this team is about a 6-10 type team this year.

I was re-watching the game on NFL Network today and it was horrifying to see our offensive line. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't noticed it as much when the game was going on live, but really looking at it today was scary. The pressure on our QBs was often immediate, and I'm speaking about the starting offensive line. Gandy is a freaking sieve. He has no business starting at LT. On most teams, he'd be camp fodder, and waived during the first waive of cuts. Mike Williams is a very average lineman in this league, so is Bennie Anderson. Trey Teague is playing out of position. Our QBs aren't going to have a chance.

Willis is averaging 3.1 yards per carry in the preseason. There simply are no holes. His number of carries that he's getting caught in the backfield for losses is ridiculously high. He is a franchise back that has looked exceptionally pedestrian at times due to this O-Line.

And before you throw out comments like "It's only preseason" or "doomed" realize that I am speaking of the starting O-Line. Wait until teams really game plan and send all types of blitz packages in. This O-line is as bad as I have seen in the league. They are the worst (or as bad as any other) O-Line in the league.

So, as much as it pains me to write, we've got to face it that a 6-10 type season is quite likely. No offensive line and an inexperienced, raw QB are going to be a lethal combo, especially in the AFC East. Who else is concerned out there? I haven't heard near enough on this topic as is warranted.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridddle me this.  Do you really think we've seen a large portion of the playbook?  This is going to be an exciting football season.  Just believe.

428820[/snapback]

Ahhh, blind optimism . . . gotta love it.

Yeah, when they break out the rest of the playbook and run different and new plays, the offensive line will perform much better than they have been. . . :)

Yeah, when they break out the rest of the playbook and run different and new plays, the offensive line will perform much better than they have been. . .  :)

428825[/snapback]

Only a loser would write the season off before it began. Your life has to be a mess with that attitude.

I don't want to predict a 6-10 record but I do worry about J.P.'s health playing behind this o-line. He had to run for his life in the preseason. You can bet Dom Capers will bring every blitz package he will ever see next week. Houston's defensive players must be licking their chops when they look at this line. The Bills will go as far as this o-line can take them. McNally will have to be a real miracle worker to do anything with this bunch.

Yeah there's been nothing but praise for the offensive line on this board.  :) Come on man.  Thanks for showing us the light.

428815[/snapback]

I think there has been more rose-tinted praise of what our offensive line coach can do with fodder than basic serious discussion of the players abilities (except for those we were talking about signing...)

I don't want to predict a 6-10 record but I do worry about J.P.'s health playing behind this o-line. He had to run for his life in the preseason. You can bet Dom Capers will bring every blitz package he will ever see next week. Houston's defensive players must be licking their chops when they look at this line. The Bills will go as far as this o-line can take them. McNally will have to be a real miracle worker to do anything with this bunch.

428852[/snapback]

That's an understatement. They are all going to have to over achieve. Villerial is I think our best lineman, with Mike Williams having the most potential. But this team will be better than 6-10.

After looking over the Bills schedule and watching what looks to be a horrible offensive line in "action," it is unfortunately clear that this team is about a 6-10 type team this year.

I was re-watching the game on NFL Network today and it was horrifying to see our offensive line. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't noticed it as much when the game was going on live, but really looking at it today was scary. The pressure on our QBs was often immediate, and I'm speaking about the starting offensive line. Gandy is a freaking sieve. He has no business starting at LT. On most teams, he'd be camp fodder, and waived during the first waive of cuts. Mike Williams is a very average lineman in this league, so is Bennie Anderson. Trey Teague is playing out of position. Our QBs aren't going to have a chance.

Willis is averaging 3.1 yards per carry in the preseason. There simply are no holes. His number of carries that he's getting caught in the backfield for losses is ridiculously high. He is a franchise back that has looked exceptionally pedestrian at times due to this O-Line.

And before you throw out comments like "It's only preseason" or "doomed" realize that I am speaking of the starting O-Line. Wait until teams really game plan and send all types of blitz packages in. This O-line is as bad as I have seen in the league. They are the worst (or as bad as any other) O-Line in the league.

So, as much as it pains me to write, we've got to face it that a 6-10 type season is quite likely. No offensive line and an inexperienced, raw QB are going to be a lethal combo, especially in the AFC East. Who else is concerned out there? I haven't heard near enough on this topic as is warranted.

428800[/snapback]

Basing predictions on preseason performances is flat out crazy.

428800[/snapback]

I just love all these pre-season predictions. If you think the Bills will go 6-10, don't watch. It would be a waste of your time! 3.1 yards a carry in PRE-season, jump off that wagon now! Give me a break! The Patriots just go whipped, I guess their season is over. I don't even like to watch PRE-season games for this reason, you just don't know!! I will be there on the 11th when we win and can't wait to here all the SB predictions on this site after.

At least we'll be in good company.  No one will even notice our 6-10 season.  Everyone will be talking about the Colts going 2-14.

Well, that and Denver finally becoming the second team to have and undefeated season.

428829[/snapback]

Great point! I forgot about the Colts 0-4 PRE-season, their DOOOOOMED!!!!

Yeah, when they break out the rest of the playbook and run different and new plays, the offensive line will perform much better than they have been. . .  :)

428825[/snapback]

So your glass is half empty. Good for you. Rant about the line all you want to. The truth of the matter is this: Williams, Villarial and Teague have another year under their belt together. The right side is solid. Gandy has actually looked fairly well in the preseason games from what I've seen. I personally think he looks better than Jonas did a year ago. Anderson has been the least impresssive of late but that can be turned around. I really do think you will find out what crow tastes like down the road. Oh and by the way I'm pretty sure if you ask the mods or Scott they would be more than willing to allow you to change your name to BenchLosman. Gotta keep up to date with the doom and gloom man. ;)

428800[/snapback]

yawn

428800[/snapback]

And this is different when DB was QB how? :)

Some of us were blasted because we kept pointing this out last year but most of the board preached to us that the prob would disappear once he was released. ;)

A HOF QB couldn't make this line average. I feel real bad for Willis. He's not going to get close to what he did last year at all. He may not last long either. :lol:

428800[/snapback]

Are you related to Deeray? :)