JP Losman throws a TD pass

Anon Y. Mous

And there's another INT.

2-7-50 (2:15) J.Losman pass intended for S.Aiken INTERCEPTED by B.Walker (A.Goodman) at DET 45. B.Walker to BUF 18 for 37 yards (S.Williams). PENALTY on BUF-J.Esposito, Unnecessary Roughness, 9 yards, enforced at BUF 18.

11 of 19 123 yds. 2 Ints.

At least 2 drops, and the second INT was far from his fault.

After saying that, he also had another INT dropped in the red zone, on the drive Lindell missed the FG.

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, and not encouraging leading into the opener.

He showed some bright spots this preseason, he also had a few WTF!@#$ moments. Basically what I expected from a first year starter, now the key is that he builds on it.

11 of 19 123 yds.  2 Ints.

At least 2 drops,  and the second INT was far from his fault.

After saying that,  he also had another INT dropped in the red zone,  on the drive Lindell missed the FG.

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination,  and not encouraging leading into the opener. 

He showed some bright spots this preseason,  he also had a few WTF!@#$ moments.  Basically what I expected from a first year starter,  now the key is that he builds on it.

427539[/snapback]

The Bills, up until the last half of the 2nd QTR, didnt try to run the ball at all, which makes me think that Mularkey wanted to get JP as many throws as possible. Clearly if this where a regular season game, we'd have McGahee run it down their throats for the first two downs, and then a dose of Losman to hopefully get the first down if needed.

So I am far, far from hitting the panic button. If our team is still passing this much and is 0-4 again, then I'll get pissed. For now, no use worrying about it.

The Bills, up until the last half of the 2nd QTR, didnt try to run the ball at all, which makes me think that Mularkey wanted to get JP as many throws as possible.  Clearly if this where a regular season game, we'd have McGahee run it down their throats for the first two downs, and then a dose of Losman to hopefully get the first down if needed. 

So I am far, far from hitting the panic button.  If our team is still passing this much and is 0-4 again, then I'll get pissed.  For now, no use worrying about it.

427543[/snapback]

I hope our offensive philosophy isn't to run on the first two downs and the to throw on 3rd. That is a recipe for a losing season and a worn down RB. Hell, that's worse than Gilbride calling the plays. :P

The offense needs ballance, without it the running game won't be effective either. I'd also like to see JP throw the ball down field a bit more. Before that last drive I think he was averaging less than 5 yards per attempt, which is just pathetic.

I hope our offensive philosophy isn't to run on the first two downs and the to throw on 3rd.  That is a recipe for a losing season and a worn down RB.  Hell, that's worse than Gilbride calling the plays.  :P

The offense needs ballance, without it the running game won't be effective either.  I'd also like to see JP throw the ball down field a bit more.  Before that last drive I think he was averaging less than 5 yards per attempt, which is just pathetic.

427550[/snapback]

I think we need balance, but only so much as to keep teams from stacking 8 in the box. If they do try to quell the running game, then hopefully Losman can bomb it out there for Evans, Moulds or Parrish and keep them from crowding the line. But this needs to be a run heavy team, or they have absolutely no chance to win games. Losman, at this point in his career, cannot win games with his arm. In the preseason he's ranged from average (GB Game) to dreadful (Chicago, tonight), and he cant win games by himself. He just cant. However, he can be a Big Ben or Trent Dilfer player where he passes when necessary in order to keep Defenses honest.

Thats just my opinion, I'd throw Shaud Williams in there during every game to allow Willis to have a breather but I'd run it about 60% of the time. Perhaps thats why I'm not a coach, but I just dont see this squad having any chance if we dont focus our offense around McGahee.