After 10 seasons now... Has the 2 point conversion

brihs2005

Of course this board wasn't up and running a decade or so ago when this rule change had been put into place... How do you all feel about it, are most people in favor of it, or does it maybe hurt teams by decreasing the value of an 8 point lead?

Growing up with this rule in place for so long, it is really hard to remember back in the day when you would only be counting scores by 3's and 7's

What are your thoughts, the NFL hit a home-run with this rule change?

It made the college game and the pro game more consistent in how the scoring is determined in the sport. That's nothing but good, and the NFL caught up with how the game was originally formed.

In its practical usage, I'm not sure how much it changed the game. Not much; I also am surprised it's been 10 years. Coaches don't give up an almost guaranteed 1 point unless they really need to. Adds more excitement to the game in the rare instances it's used.

I love it, makes the game more interesting.

The rule change I hate is that the clocks restarts now as soon as the ball is placed after going out of bounds. Just seems like a lot less plays in a game, plus makes coming back from a sizable defecit that much harder

They might as well get rid of it as far as I'm concerned. No coach who wants to keep his job is going to go for two to win the game by a point. He's going to make the call for the kick and try to win it in OT.

Where is the life changing excitment in that?

You could use it as a nice pick, or drive a defender into that sucker.

424497[/snapback]

I think that's the reason why it was moved back. Some guys were seriously injured by running or being hit into it. I remember Cookie Gilchrist saying something in that vein in one of my highlight videos.

They might as well get rid of it as far as I'm concerned.  No coach who wants to keep his job is going to go for two to win the game by a point.  He's going to make the call for the kick and try to win it in OT.

Where is the life changing excitment in that?

424501[/snapback]

And then there's the times, for example, when the score is 14-12 and a touchdown was just scored, and there's 2 seconds left. Rare, to be sure, but....

I'm thinking where tf did the last ten years go.

424472[/snapback]

Yeah, it's right up there with shocking stats such as: "A-Rod has been in the majors for 10 years" that can make a guy in his mid 20's feel old.

I'm pretty indifferent about the 2-pointer. Coaches who use it before the 4th Qtr are pretty dumb and generally deserve what they get.

Yeah, it's right up there with shocking stats such as: "A-Rod has been in the majors for 10 years" that can make a guy in his mid 20's feel old. 

I'm pretty indifferent about the 2-pointer.  Coaches who use it before the 4th Qtr are pretty dumb and generally deserve what they get.

424618[/snapback]

Exactly, theres no reason to use it until the 4th quarter...had John Fox not had his head up his azz in the SB, then vinatieri's FG would have tied the game at 31, not given the patsies the win...

Simple math really

about 100% XP conversion means you get 2 points for 2 TD's

this means you need 1 2 pointer of 2 = 50%

the average conversion rate on a 2-pter is 40%

something doesnt add up...