Big soccer match USA vs Mexico

Hardy Pyle

I know we should take the high road, but what about retribution for those POS Mexican fans chanting "Osama, Osama, Osama" at a US game down last February?

424424[/snapback]

Do we need to do anything?

I mean come on, its f'n Mexico for cryin out loud.

I was p*ssed when those idiots did that, but they already lost the fight. I mean come on, they are from Mexico.

:doh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting thing about soccer is the subtelty and artistry that is difficult to understand for newcomers or those who never played the game at a higher level.

Soccer need not apologize for anything.

The USA has only 5% of the world's population, the "world game" will survive quite well.

Long live the beautiful game!

424560[/snapback]

Oh please.....

Yes, I know they are great athletes (so are ballet dancers) and the game requires discipline and teamwork BUT it is just flat DULL!!!!!

These soccer kooks who retort that those of us who call Bullsh*t on the "beautiful game" do so because we lack the sophistication to appreciate the "subtlety and artistry" displayed on the pitch make me tired all over. All the diving ("ewewww I'm hurt, someone bring me a tissue") and time wasting foolery are too much. The World Cup is OK as a spectacle I suppose but the bottom line is soccer sucks, always has, always will.

sometimes though i wish the people especially of this msg board since they all seem to enjoy sports a lot would take the time and watch some euro soccer and admire the true talent these players have, i mean i've wathced soccer since ive been 12 and i guess since i have a personal attachment to it it makes it much more interesting than someone who doesnt have any attachment. Still, the talent these players posses, the motivation and endurance, remember most popular european players play like 60 games a year and thats not including summer competitions and practices.

Anyways, for those who truly just want to watch once in a while, i recommend watching champions league games, they are extremely fun to watch.

Soccer won't catch on with older generations in America, but it's already infiltrating youths of all ages, genders and races. The statistics are staggering. The numbers were big 20 years ago but the numbers now are just jaw dropping.

ESPN did a piece on soccer in projects and how people in projects are playing soccer on basketball courts. Eddie Johnson, one of the most coveted players in the world now, was introduced to soccer that way. Baseball fields are being replaced with soccer complexes. In West Seneca alone, there are three major soccer complexes within five miles of my house.

A successful run in next year's World Cup -- which I already have US tickets for -- might breach the barriers of media in America.

The money is there. Many sponsors are funneling money to the US Soccer Federation because they see what is at the end of the tunnel.

While football will always remain #1 in America, soccer will continue to make huge strides at catching up to the other major sports.

424605[/snapback]

Oh please.....

Yes, I know they are great athletes (so are ballet dancers) and the game requires discipline and teamwork BUT it is just flat DULL!!!!!

These soccer kooks who retort that those of us who call Bullsh*t on the "beautiful game" do so because we lack the sophistication to appreciate the "subtlety and artistry" displayed on the pitch make me tired all over.  All the diving ("ewewww I'm hurt, someone bring me a tissue") and time wasting foolery are too much.  The World Cup is OK as a spectacle I suppose but the bottom line is soccer sucks, always has, always will.

424681[/snapback]

oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lets watch baseball instead

wait the batter goes up to hit the ball, wait his crotch is itchy he calls for time to scratch it, ah wait the pitcher just had a heart attack cuz hes on speed, ah wait, lets bring in someone else to pitch for him, wait a minute we need him to take 3000000 warm up pitches in the 9th inning

ohhhhh america's passtime

!@#$ you

soccer is 1000 times better than baseball or golf, it doesnt compare to the beauty of the nfl but at least the players aren't constantly doped and arent over paid!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wait the batter goes up to hit the ball, wait his crotch is itchy he calls for time to scratch it, ah wait the pitcher just had a heart attack cuz hes on speed, ah wait, lets bring in someone else to pitch for him, wait a minute we need him to take 3000000 warm up pitches in the 9th inning

!@#$ you

soccer is 1000 times better than baseball or golf, it doesnt compare to the beauty of the nfl but at least the players aren't constantly doped and arent over paid!

424692[/snapback]

Who said anything about baseball? (Golf!?!? Why not mention needlepoint?)

BTW there is no clock in baseball brainiac, the pace of game is decided by the players, you should watch a game sometime.

Soccer players aren't over paid? Check the payroll of ManUnited and try again...

So you're one rant down and soccer STILL sucks.

and !@#$ you too EuroTrash.

Who said anything about baseball? (Golf!?!?  Why not mention needlepoint?)

BTW there is no clock in baseball brainiac, the pace of game is decided by the players, you should watch a game sometime.

Soccer players aren't over paid?  Check the payroll of ManUnited and try again...

So you're one rant down and soccer STILL sucks.

and !@#$ you too EuroTrash.

424709[/snapback]

lol

i do watch baseball, i just find it boring as i was a big fan of the expos which has been taken away from me, ( i was one of the few 2-3000 people who still went to the games)

and ya ok fine, the payroll of man utd doesnt exceed 8 million euros in comparison to how many games they play???

know your facts

and dont call me euro trash u fat !@#$

oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

!@#$ you

424692[/snapback]

Soccer=RJ

One of the reasons that the game sold out in minutes is that there is a HUGE Mexican population here in Columbus. I would go, but going to Ohio State games takes a lot out of a person and I couldn't handle two games in a day. Plus, there is always the threat of urine bombs, so I'll stay away.

Be prepared for a lot of traffic, and by a lot...I mean a lot.

424656[/snapback]

Part of the reason the game is in Columbus is so the game isn't dominated by Mexican fans like it would have been down south. The pre-sale for US Fans sold 90% of the tickets. There was only a few sections left to the general public. So your thinking that it's the Mexicanos that sold the game our is way off.

Look, not everyone appreciates soccer, especially those who have never played it. I happen to love the game. I played it as a kid, and still play now, as a 33-old adult with knees about to give out. I love playing it and watching it. Can I explain why? Probably not in a way that is convincing to someone who has never played it.

I ask those who don't like it to just lay off. For Pete's sake, why can't you let the rest of us enjoy the game? Are you scared of something? What are you scared of? That soccer will take off in America, and you will be left alone in your room? When there is a national passion about the game (and there will be, give it time), you will care too. You will want your Buffalo soccer team to beat the Miami team as badly as you want the Bills to beat the Dolphins.

Soccer is a beautiful game to play, and to watch. It is extremely elegant, physical, and requires peak physical condition. It also doesn't require anything but a ball and a bunch of people.

I will be watching the US-Mexico game as closely as I watch a Bills game.

Look, not everyone appreciates soccer, especially those who have never played it.  I happen to love the game.  I played it as a kid, and still play now, as a 33-old adult with knees about to give out.  I love playing it and watching it.  Can I explain why?  Probably not in a way that is convincing to someone who has never played it. 

I ask those who don't like it to just lay off.  For Pete's sake, why can't you let the rest of us enjoy the game?  Are you scared of something?  What are you scared of?  That soccer will take off in America, and you will be left alone in your room?  When there is a national passion about the game (and there will be, give it time), you will care too.  You will want your Buffalo soccer team to beat the Miami team as badly as you want the Bills to beat the Dolphins.

Soccer is a beautiful game to play, and to watch.  It is extremely elegant, physical, and requires peak physical condition.  It also doesn't require anything but a ball and a bunch of people. 

I will be watching the US-Mexico game as closely as I watch a Bills game.

425105[/snapback]

Very well said. I think "sports" like baseball, golf, and auto racing blow, but that's just me. Plenty of other people like them, and that's cool. To each his own.

it doesnt bother me that people like them or don't , i enjoy baseball, golf and love formula 1, and i appreciate each athlete for their dedication, but when i hear people calling soccer players sissies when you actually see how many times a soccer player gets his knees crack a season, it shows how biased and stubborn people can be.

The match sold out in mintues. Luckly I am a member of the US Soccer Federation and got my two tickets to the game.

The girlfriend and I are driving down to C-Bus Saturday morning and we can't freakin wait! The tailgates with Sam's Army - dare I say - are better than any football tailgates I've been to. That being said, the guy that started Sam's Army is from and lives in Buffalo.

The atmosphere inside the US National games is amazing, you'll never experience anything better. There's just something about going to the game, rooting for your country and doing it actively with songs and chants. The closes I can explain it to is college football in a place like Nebraska or Texas.

That being said, soccer haters continue to hate, but more and more people are being sucked into the "dark side".

Anyone from TBD going down? I know there is a bunch of people driving down from Buffalo.

424527[/snapback]

clutch - I just want to second the notion. I'm from Buffalo and now live in NJ. I think my highlights have been the "No Goal" Stanley Cup game and a few of the World Series Yankee games vs Arizona a few years back and nothing to this day beats the atmosphere of the US Qualifier I want to a few years back in Washington, DC vs Honduras. It was unbelievable - even people with us that came just for the 7am tailgate (the game was at 10am) really got in to the game b/c of the nationalism and also because of the smoke bomb thrown on to the field and how they continued to "play on!"

Part of the reason the game is in Columbus is so the game isn't dominated by Mexican fans like it would have been down south. The pre-sale for US Fans sold 90% of the tickets. There was only a few sections left to the general public. So your thinking that it's the Mexicanos that sold the game our is way off.

425006[/snapback]

If Pae Tec gets the second upper deck and the lux boxes, will it ever host a cup qualifier?

If Pae Tec gets the second upper deck and the lux boxes, will it ever host a cup qualifier?

425373[/snapback]

It still boogles me why Pae Tec didn't get a upper dec with boxes. Their owner is stubborn. Rochester is a prime area for MLS with some of the best soccer fans in the country. The owner just doesn't want to pay the expansion fee to get into the MLS. It's a pissing match between the league and him. And I don't think he will win. Rumor has it European clubs are interested in buying teams in the US as they see the talent that is coming out. AJAX is rumored to form a team in the Orlando area.

Should be an interesting game. As a neutral, I think I will be cheering for Mexico because I view them as the more creative and attacking side. But, we'll see how the USA play's them. I haven't watched the USA team for sometime, who are the key players to watch? Eddie Johnson is suppose to be a good talent. I think the talents of Jared Borgetti might be too much for the USA. But it will be interesting. Mexico was one of the better teams and top of the division in World Cup 2002 before they were upset by the USA. But I definitely love watching the mexican brand of soccer. Very entertaining.

Should be an interesting game. As a neutral, I think I will be cheering for Mexico because I view them as the more creative and attacking side. But, we'll see how the USA play's them. I haven't watched the USA team for sometime, who are the key players to watch? Eddie Johnson is suppose to be a good talent. I think the talents of Jared Borgetti  might be too much for the USA. But it will be interesting. Mexico was one of the better teams and top of the division in World Cup 2002 before they were upset by the USA. But I definitely love watching the mexican brand of soccer. Very entertaining.

425519[/snapback]

Mark My Words: US 2 Mexico 0 - Bruce Arena won't let us lose at home. There is so much trash talking going on from the Mexican side the the US side is just keeping quiet. They -- the Mexicanos -- hate the fact that we have turned the table on the rivalry. Soccer was all they had over us and now we took that. They fear us and resort to attacking the American style as weak.

I gotta feel it might turn into a blow out if the US scores early and Mexico loses control like at the last world cup.

"Adios, Amigos"